Anyone have experience with Loan Signing System?

Hello, I have been a notary public in Ohio for over 20 years. I have only been a signing agent for about a month now. I have had a few signing jobs, but nothing big yet. I have signed up on a few platforms, but I continue to be told that more experience is needed. I’m wondering if anyone has had experience with Loan Signing System? If so, what was your experience with them; and do you have any advice? I don’t want to put the extra money into signing up with them if it isn’t going to give me positive results. Any advice is very much appreciated.

4 Likes

Hi, I did not take the LSS course… I am pleased to say I took Notary2pro course, my incentive to any is upon completion of the course, you are/was given a list with about 125, title & escrow offices to contact that will hire the newly graduated notaries from the course! I completed it in 2016, very pleased with my results! And I know what I’m doing!!! Good luck on your choice!!

8 Likes

@slcaldwell201 Thank you for your response. I will definitely look into this.

1 Like

@number1tennia Hmmm . . .

What is your background?
Do you have experience in Real Estate?
Do you have experience in Mortgage Lending?
Do you have experience in Banking?

Etc. ad nauseam . . . => just know that you’re launching a business and the onus is upon you to create the best foundation possible from the onset. See this thread for additional information:

Most newbies find they’re ill-prepared if they’ve only successfully completed the NNA certification as a Professional Signing Agent [PSA]. See my notes about this topic within the following thread:

Be quite CAUTIOUS about any business entity hawking their wares during the current DOWNTURN within this business sector. They’re selling you the 'sizzle," but NONE of the steak . . .

Also, take the time to Research & vet a new client via the Notary Cafe forum for slow/Non-Payment business entities BEFORE you complete ANY work for them. There are multiple business entities that are requesting assignment of Signing Orders but are non-payment . . .

This is found within the Search Function.

Nearly all members find it quite difficult/nearly impossible to locate the Search Function in order to access the wealth of info available within the database.

To be helpful, I’ve inserted an image for you & others [see below] to help members locate it to unlock the wisdom & knowledge of other members on the forums.

Accessing the database to locate info about potential clients has saved many of us an inordinate amount of time ‘chasing’ payments for Services professionally provided to potential non-payers . . .

:swan:

======

Some helpful threads for you:

======

Notary2Pro is highly recommended by us sages here on the Notary Cafe forum & many others who’ve taken myriad training programs.

My personal experience:
When I initially started performing this work, I successfully completed MULTIPLE training/certification programs including Notary2Pro & NNA and many others. I have extensive experience in skill sets that require certification and recurrent evaluation tests; i.e., I’ve maintained my Project Management Professional [PMP] certification for more than 20 years. So, I understand what it usually entails and the elements that should be included within a comprehensive training program.

Regarding the NNA training specifically, it’s lacking across multiple topics & categories. Many NNA “graduates” choose to take additional training courses elsewhere, because they sense they’re insufficiently prepared. Their primer has errors throughout. Their hotline is less than reliable for accurate responses.

In my experience with undergoing the multiple training programs for certified notary signing agent [CNSA] certification, hands-down without question, Carol Ray’s Notary2Pro training programs are optimum in this industry. I’ve successfully completed ALL of the multiple training/certification programs that Carol offers through her company Notary2Pro. Her programs are thorough & detailed. These also prepare the business owner to operate a business. In addition, she offers Mentoring services. I found those to be excellent & INVALUABLE when I was initially starting out in this business sector. The prices are surprisingly reasonable. :white_check_mark:

I’ve professionally compared the training/certification programs available at Notary2Pro with the others I’ve successfully completed. The ONLY training/certification program I recommend is Notary2Pro.

A list of companies that hire Notary2Pro graduates (with minimal or no experience) is provided to successful course graduates. => This list is pure GOLD! Study up, refresh your notes, & let Carol know when your initial few signings are scheduled. She is a wonderful mentor & can be on standby in case you encounter difficulties or have questions during your first few signings. She’s the Best! Her support will help you Build your Confidence in providing this service. :trophy::white_check_mark:

In addition, Notary2Pro works diligently to keep this list up-to-date regarding vetting and viability. As we all know, some reliable clients can encounter financial difficulties and that, in turn, can negatively impact CNSAs directly.

Of course, your best bet would be to visit their website at https://www.notary2pro.com/ , research, and make the choices appropriate for your situation. The training programs by Carol Ray are comprehensive & thorough. :sparkles::tada::sunglasses:

P.S. I receive no compensation or remuneration of any type or kind as a result of my first-hand experiential review above.

P.P.S. Unfortunately, Carol has passed from our earthly plane. I hope she Rests In Peace. I’m grateful to have made her acquaintance and studied under her tutelage.

4 Likes

P.S. In regard to searching the topics, most of these threads will commence with a Header as follows:

“WARNING”
“ALERT”
“CAUTION”

.:swan:

@cNsa5 Hi. Thank you for the information. I have already been on here reading up on many of the topics, including those who aren’t good at paying. As far as background, I’ve been a notary for over 20 years, and financial coach for over 5 years. I’ve done everything from insurance, to securities, and I own rental property. I do plan to sign up for the Notary2Pro training tomorrow. I feel that the NNA training wasn’t enough, and I want to give my career as a signing agent the best leg up possible.

3 Likes

I took LSS. I profited from taking it. He goes through every possible situation you may encounter out there, including things that are rare. I subscribed to the support and continuing ed for a couple years and found it very helpful. It definitely paid for itself.

That said, I’m no longer trying to be a part of the program. I still get bombarded with emails from Mark Wills, bragging about his high income graduates and the benefits of buying into his programs. Some people hang on his every word and hustle hard to be featured in one of his brag videos, and enjoy his high energy, loud, proud, positive energy, but it rubs me wrong.

I recommend that program. You will be well prepared to be a loan signing agent.

2 Likes

@sanderazee Thank you. I signed up for Notary2Pro yesterday. I will re-evaluate after I complete that course, and possibly sign up for LSS in the future.

2 Likes

I took their course 3 years ago and I took Notary Stars and I prefer Notary Stars it’s more hands on training

2 Likes

I took the loan signing system course and I really enjoyed Mark’s course. I have not had to take any other courses.

Hi,

I did sign up for and take the LSS course in 2020. I found the information very valuable but honestly I think they severely inflate (especially in the current market and economy with the interest rates being what they are) the amount of income you can make. The course really prepared me well for the NNA Loan Signing Agent test as well. I have completed over 275 transactions since 2020. Right now anything you can do to set yourself apart to get jobs will be helpful. The current market is really tough with very few sales and even fewer refinances happening. However, when the FED lowers the interest rates again in the future I expect there will be a lot of refinancing happening and the buying/selling market should also improve.

One of the other things I found helpful from LSS was their tips about what printer to use (last part of the course) some softwares and signing databases, etc.

Good luck!

2 Likes

@RJMandez Thank you for the information. I was thinking things will pick up when interest rates go down. I already bought a really nice laser printer. I have done so much research! I passed the NNA exam already.

@jennjoneis thank you for your response. How are you doing as far as getting assignments?

@notaryjen81 I have never heard of the notary stars one. Thank you for the information.

Bless God, I’m doing good. Although things are slower than in 2020,
I am still getting consistent assignments. I work part time and make full time income. Purchases and sales are still happening. You learn a lot about marketing as well as other opportunities in the field.

Changed my life, Mark is amazing

2 Likes

@jennjoneis That’s good to know!

@signetmnotary Awsome! Thank you for your response.

Hi, I took the Notary2Pro course in 2020 and I have no regrets. Notary2Pro doesn’t use the in-your-face approach. I didn’t chose LSS because I get really cautious with the high-energy, loud, proud, used car salesman approach I saw on the Internet. That works for some people; just not for me. Notary2Pro provides a list of companies that hire their graduates and I’ve heard LSS does the same. The market is currently in a down side of the business cycle with expenses up (costs of paper, toner, and gas) and the pay being offered by title companies and signing services is down. (I have a direct title company client that used to offer $125 to $150 per assignment and now they are offering $95 to $100.) Since I started in 2020, I haven’t seen any offers for a signing at $200.00 and I am currently seeing some as low as $50.00, which personally, I will not take. My final point is that there are a lot of mobile notaries who are loan signing agents/notary signing agents competing for business. My suggestion is that you do a lot of research regarding the market in your local area before deciding to jump into this line of business. I’m not saying don’t jump in; be informed and knowledgeable about the situation you are jumping into.

6 Likes

Go to notary Training school they have a very good Course for under $60. I took its very good.

1 Like