Anyone here ever do a signing with old republic title

I’ve only done 1 signing with them and it was good.

1 Like

ORNT has been around for a long time. good reputation as I know. Old Republic National Title Insurance Company was first incorporated in Minnesota in 1907 as the Real Estate Title Insurance Company. In 1928, the Company became the Title Insurance Company of Minnesota (Minnesota Title ), which was one of the first title insurance companies to expand beyond state lines in 1938.

If you use Notary Gadget as your accounting program, it’ll send an invoice for you.

What scanner do you use?

@kdarling Was that question for me?

So does Notary Assist and you can print tax docs at the end of the year as I would think the company you use does. Old Republic is some of the biggest packages I have ever seen. However, This is only my 15th year?

2 Likes

Did you get to call biBerk fir your notary E&O and notary coverage?

Yes! They don’t cover my state, NJ. I might do it with Hiscox, I already started the process… they gave me a quote on line, but tomorrow I’m going to call them to confirm what exactly they cover. I read somewhere about their lack of coverage for NSAs’ needs.

Title companies have rarely to do much about package size, Most of them produce the HUD/ALTA , affidavit of title, Some larger title companies, have “managers/ mid managers/ attorneys sitting there doing a job” and create un-necessary paperwork.

Hi Angelina, not certain if you wld know but I received my very first assignment from Old Republic Title while on my way to conduct a signing. I know I immediately hit not available but somehow, I guess while trying to close the app, I hit available. I didn’t see that ORT has assigned me until I was leaving my signing. So I reached out to the schedulers to let them know that I wasn’t sure wht happened & that there was no way I could do the signing so, they canceled with the borrower. The next day when I went to log on to ORT, I could not get in. Do you think I’m now blocked; I tried calling but could not get thru. Would you know how I shld best proceed. Thk you. Robin Smith

Hi Blue Pen; how long did it take them to approve your application. I recently applied & then I received 1 assignment from them via Snap Docs but nothing from ORT directly.

It took over a month, remember you’re the new “kid” in the block. They always contact me directly, never from Snapdocs.
Question, did they approve you already?

I like working with them but I do not get a lot of signings from them like I used to.

I did a RON signing for Old Republic in February. Very positive experience, overall. They paid both fairly and rapidly. And they told me that I didn’t need to invoice them, that they would just issue payment, which they did within a couple of weeks. And they are one of the largest title companies in the country. “Good work if you can get it”, as they say.

1 Like