Bad Company List

Please add:
CBC Settlement Funding
Celtic Signings
Mortgage Docs (I knew better! They promise to pay. They lie!!)
Nationwide Signing Services
Notary Dept (email is signingdept3@gmail.com); TriStar Consumer Group (I have serious questions regarding the legality of what they are doing!!!)
Sunshine Signing

Thank you for sharing the list!!

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting on payment from Celtic Signings since Dec 2016!!

1 Like

Glad I always decline their offers, and they’re even in my state, NJ

I hope you did not pay to sign-up for their services. If so, for your loss.

Good advice :+1:l’ll follow it

Did you get paid per their net 45? Thanks!

They paid me early. I have zero complaints.

1 Like

Hi @Kimkharijames- I have 3 and my youngest has autism. I also do this for flexibility for him.:slight_smile:Always nice to meet other autism mamas out there. So you are saying Prestige doesn’t pay? That sucks. Their discounts are great.

@suebee88, did you get paid from Notarize 24/7? I finally received my check in mail on 11/4/20 net30 days.

2 Likes

I have used Village Capital, and they have paid me on time.

6 Likes

Thank you for your favorable review of Village Capital. Your post is supporting the objective of this thread.

2 Likes

Yes, I finally received my check, postmarked 10/30/2020.

I have placed them on my DO NOT SERVICE list. They’ve tried to call me a couple of times this week. I will not answer my phone for them.

I hate to add Signature Closers to this list, but there is something notaries need to be aware of. They will not pay you AT ALL if you print documents and the closing cancels.

I accepted an assignment from them 2 weeks ago. There were 4 parties involved in the refinance of a property in Ohio. Two of the signers were in Atlanta, and the other two, the ones I was closing were in Austin. I printed 390 pages for this closing. As I was prepping the docs to take to the closing, the borrower I was closing said his counterparts in Atlanta told him the docs were wrong and that they could not close.

If the parties ended up closing at a different time, I do not know about it. I was never offered another opportunity to close these people.

I called Signature Closers and left them a voicemail to call. I just received a text message back:

OK so I just listen to your voicemail unfortunately we do not pay for print fees unless there’s an extreme situation And we request the notary to send us an email in regards to getting approved for same we do always try to give the original notary first opportunity on a closing once it’s rescheduled

3 Likes

thank you for the updates

USA Signing Agent Company took $39 out of my bank account and now they want me to pay again. Has anyone had any problem with this company?
Thank you,
Susan Johnson

Hi Michelle,

Glad to meet you as well
 After my email, they ask me to send an invoice which I did and I get paid so Prestige is good in my book
 I didn’t know that once you do a signing with them you have to submit an invoice
 Celtic on the other hand I just leave them and hope one day they will pay me.

1 Like

I gave them my $39 and have not heard a word from them.

How do I get the list of the 40 bad companies?

2 Likes

Care to share that list?

Jennifer at Prestige is really, really great. Her accounting person is horrible!!! She lies and leads you on with “you’ll be paid on” dates that never happen. The accountant even said about deluxechecks “I don’t know why they didn’t pay you.”

65ish days out.

I sent Jennifer the screenshots of every email of me being led to believe I was getting paid and then not. Less that 15 minutes later I received every payment due - even those that were only about two weeks out.

I had a TON of work from them, but forget about their accounting dept.

3 Likes