Best Signing Companies

No. I called Wednesday and the said they were putting it thru. Notaries ASAP is also late but emailed to say the loan had not been funded (signing of April 10?) but I would get it next week. Will update when I get paid.

I really hope you do get paid is to much time, money and work we sacrifice to not get paid. Yes keep us posted. Thank you.

I really like Signing Solutions. www.signingsolutionsgroup.com

1 Like

I think your smart enough to have an ink cartridge business.

It is 45 days and no check from Notaries Express. I finally notified the loan company of the issue and they are trying to help. I will not take any more jobs from them. Notaries ASAP are also very late payers but I see their check is coming today for a 4/10 signing. Not worth the aggravation. Yes, we work too hard to have to deal it’s this type of problem.
Update: The loan officer just contacted notaries express and they are looking into it and apologized to her.now they are telling me the check will be sent but will take 10-14 days to receive. Two months. Done with them.

Who is in TN? I’m in Nashville. Do we know which signing services they actually use here? I’m on the major ones and haven’t heard anything (snap docs, signings agents, notary rotary, notary dash).

What do you mean ‘reach out’? Just email? Email and phone? Or meet? So far, all my emails have been ignored (very professional with all document credentials attached) except one rejection. Driving from company to company would take a lot of time and gas money. I’m happy to do it, but if I’m just going to get rejected the exact amount of times as in email, is it worth it?

1 Like

Hi noblenotary615,

I don’t think you need to do a lot of driving around. I visit title companies within maybe 20 miles of me, and I usually start with a call and/or email. Then, when I have a signing in the area, I will stop in with some donuts, and some of my cards, and try to meet some of the team at that location. That’s how most signing agents I know of get direct business from title companies, which can increase your income a lot. For title companies farther away than that, I call and email.

For signing services, I email and call, and/or register / sign-up via whatever process they have. Signing services seem to appreciate being called, a lot.

For what it’s worth, the two platforms I got the most business from initially were Signing Order (a platform that signing services and title companies use, like Snapdocs), and The Closing Exchange, aka TCX, a platform that acts as its own signing service.

Then, once I got a bit more experience (30-40 signings), I signed up with Signature Closers, Xome and Servicelink/EXOS - and I have gotten a fair amount of signings, some of them fairly high paying, from Servicelink/EXOS (and a few from the other two).

I also had one local title company run an order through Snapdocs, and I got it, and instead of using the Fedex label, I hand delivered it to their office, along with a box of donuts and some of my cards. I did the same thing again this morning, with a second order I got from them, through Snapdocs. They said I’m now “at the top of their list” after two signings, which I’m of course very happy to hear.

The point of all that is: be creative, and be willing to meet face to face and talk live (on the phone) with people whenever you can, without necessarily doing a lot of driving (the title company I just mentioned above is less than ten minutes from me). The bringing in donuts isn’t the type of thing I’ve ever done before, but in this industry, it’s appreciated. I’m just doing what many other signing agents before me have done, and if you do the same, it should work for you, too. All the best!

10 Likes

Hi ~ sorry response delay. Honestly i don’t recall how I signed up with Google 5 years ago. Google has changed a lot and there are different ways now for business sign up. I just know I took the free option and has worked out ok. I did the click and search method on Google. Sorry not very good instructions but worked for me.

2 Likes

This doesn’t include taxes or overhead costs, does it? Besides, some of us have student loans and 65k isn’t actually a lot of money anywhere.

1 Like

I signed up with Hire Notary after being constantly contacted by them via email right after I became a notary. Not a single job have they sent me - not one! I paid $40 to join their “team” a got nothing in return. Don’t invite me, take my money and then never give me an opportunity to prove my worth! Stay away from Hire Notary.

4 Likes

58 days and got my check. Had to contact title to get Notaries Express to start the process. Still took almost 3 weeks more. Done with them.

1 Like

Don’t pay for those services. They send mass emails in hopes that they catch notaries that don’t know any better that will pay to “get their name out there”. Sign up with snapdocs and as many companies as possible (free companies) and you’ll eventually see some work.
Best of luck

3 Likes

I actually think if you sign up for any of the “PAY for LISTING” companies – It actually does the opposite for you. I think it makes it look like you need Help or you are not good enough or something. – not that you or anybody else is — Just saying that – it may look that way.

Fantastic! I have gotten two direct title relationships by walking in with a small goody bag and credentials, then following up via phone/email.

5 Likes

My general rule 50cents a page & 60cents a mile (IRS allows 59 but 60 is easy to figure in your head -LOL) with a min. Of $100 with a few exceptions (due to relationship & a lot of business Or 1-5 page pkgs)
Been doing this 12 years
So I can guess pages in package pretty well depending on Title or Bank but if I don’t know I just call and ask
I also have cheat sheet If I have to fight for pay or wait forever They are gone Unlike people think There is a ton of business out there You just need to build relationships and any spare time Market yourself
One of my favorites is JG Wentworth and Ild Republic but mostly I like going direct to realtors and lawyers

2 Likes

Bacserv takes applications on the 1st of every month, I filed an application with them back in March and I passed their little quiz, sent in all my credentials, they said everything looks good, but then they didn’t accept me because their reason was they had too many signing agents in my area. strange!

3 Likes

JG Wentworth? The guy with those commercials? What type of work do they need from notaries?

JG Wentworth? The guy with those commercials?
Yes.

What type of work do they need from notaries?
Validate signer identity & notarize Settlement documents.

FYI: Most experienced professional certified notary signing agents & notaries generally elect to avoid Settlement Signing Order requests. Why? Each business owner determines the level of Risk they’re willing to accept.

I see no problem with Structured Settlement buyouts (maybe because in my state–AR–all of these must be court-approved). It’s the Debt Relief ones that are dicey.

3 Likes