BEWARE OF ASAP Pro Notary Services, they don't pay

I have found that texting the number that is given on the recording gets a response.

I loved ASAP, they were one of my favorites and the girls in the office were awesome to work with but getting paid was a nightmare! I felt like a collection agent. Texting Lisa does get a response but you cannot always believe what she says. The squeaky wheel gets the grease though - Call or text everyday! I had decided not to work for them anymore but had one last job on the schedule and the loan officer happened to be present at the signing. She specifically asked me how I liked the title company and ASAP and I told her the truth. ā€œI love ASAP but they are very slow at paying.ā€ She went straight back to someone and blabbedā€¦I got a lovely termination letter from ASAP the next morning. I still have a High ranking on Snapdocs but iā€™m sure they have written some nasty comment on the rating system. It took almost 70 days to get my final check. I guess they are feeding on Newbies because I donā€™t know of one experienced NSA that still does work for them. So sad.

I too had the experience of doing a signing for ASAP Pro and then having to contact them (Lisa) repeatedly to get my check. What a nightmare - a real waste of time. Clearly someone who plays fast and loose with the truth.

At this point, Iā€™ll be happy to do further signings for them! ā€¦provided they pay me via paypal beforehand.

I hope every notary will do the same. Once a company has shown itself to be ā€œslow-pay or no-payā€ then all that is required is for everyone to adopt a ā€œcash on the barrelheadā€ approach to them.

Burn me (or other notaries whose comments I read) once, shame on you. Burn two of us, and you become a valued ā€œcash up frontā€ client! Congratulations!

Contact title ā€¦ if they donā€™t pay

1 Like

Itā€™s a nightmare to collect from them!!! I already deleted them from my list even though sometimes their offers are tempting but not worthy

I just sent ASAP Pro Notary Services another email on Oct 21st for Closings I have completed for them between April 2015 and Oct 2017 that I have yet to be compensated for. I have heard nothing from them yet. Time for me to take it to the next level : BBB, Atty General, and Title Companies.

How could ASAP terminate you when you are not an employee? Thatā€™s ludicrous and childish behavior on her part.

I gave them one chance because there have been mixed reviews about them. Itā€™s going on 60 days, and I was told payment was in 30-45 days. I have emailed an invoice to Lisa, but Iā€™m following the other advice for texting too. Next step is a letter with all the places I will report them if they donā€™t pay.

Their TOS says they send checks 45 days from the date of closing. In my experience, they do not do this because I am sending out my second overdue invoice to them.

UPDATE: Lisa would not respond to my texts until I told her I would now contact Title. She accused me of being unprofessional and blackmailing her by asking for payment by Paypal, and she insisted she sent the check yesterday (that would be after repeated invoices and a deadbeat company letter). I told her I want my payment because e itā€™s way overdue. She insists that they pay their notaries on time, etc. Sheā€™s really horrible to deal with . I will never again give someone a chance who has negative reviews. I blame myself to this one because I should have been more attentive to all the poor reviews.

However, this woman is HORRIBLE to deal with, and itā€™s clear she lies like crazy.

1 Like

@ZIELINSKI, have they paid you yet? Since it has been way too long, I suggest you call the Title Company, file a complaint with consumer affairs, BBB, Attorney General. Make sure you provide the backup of all your attempts.

Write a letter to Lisa and include all your invoices. Tell her what you are going to Title, BBB, Attorney General, and reporting her to consumer affairs if she does not immediately pay you.

Final update for me: I did receive my check from ASAP Pro, and it was the check number she said it was. However, the point is that she DID NOT pay me until I threatened her in a letter to contact the Title Company and report her to forums and social media. I have blocked her so she can never contact me again.

Another thingā€“and I realize I might be reading into thisā€“when I called her bank to verify funds after receiving the check, the rep said something to the effect that the funds were available to cover the check ā€œthis timeā€. What does this even mean? That other times they are not available? I ran to the bank pretty quickly (okay, it was about 1/4 of a mile from me because I live in a small town).

Amen Brother. I do not do any business with them and will not.I can never figure out why people would consider them after seeing the reviews. I got screwed once. Finally got paid. I just donā€™t have the time to hurry up and do a closing and then have to play collection agency. Not worth it. No matter what they pay

1 Like

This exactly! I research my companies much better now!

I`ve done several signings for them. They pay 90 days after the signing has taken place. I am not to concerned about this. I am more worried about other companies that charge between $200-$300 per signing and only offer you $85.00. If this happens to meā€¦ I REFUSE to work with them ever again.

Their terms of service say 45 days, and thatā€™s what they told me on the phone. You have to fight to be paid. 90 days is ridiculous.

1 Like

I am totally with you. We as notaries with all the legal requirements we have to have obtain, we get treated like crap from the so called signing services. As long as there are bottom feeders in our profession these companies can stay in business by using the ponzi sceem. So have we have to form a professional association of PROFESSIONAL Notaries. Why do the fruits of our labors go to signing agencies? And then they close there doors and stiff the notary. There is no recourse from Snap Docs for signing companies screwing the notary. Not even requirements from Snap Docs to hold the signing company using their platform to take care of itā€™s business. I have written Snap Docs about this and shortly after they came out with their disclaimer that they are not responsible for the signing agency. It is between you and them. No livability on Snap Docs part for allowing low lifeā€™s on their platform. I donā€™t know what the answer is but we PROFESSIONAL Notaries need to be treated with a lot more respect and paid in a timely manor. I am open to brain storm and come up with a plan for PROFESSIONAL notaries to be treated better than they are now.

Daniel L. Bye (4year plus PROFESSIONAL Notary)

Guys everyone gets paid on disbursement day which is the same day or next day. For refi its 3 days later, The realtors get paid, the loan officer get paid, the seller get paid and you get paid 90 day or more. Not acceptable. I do not not work for title companies or signing companies who have to chase to get paid. I will tolerate no more than 30 days. that is all the time i give. They tell you 45 days and then it turn into 2 months or more. Guys i am a professional. IF i cant get paid like everyone else at disbursement then that company is not for me. I am a professional and i do not accept anything less. By now you guys should be able to see all the compalints and the grip on these forums. Quit complaining and do something about it. I deal with signing companies that pay other people 60 dollars. When that same signing company call my number they know my fees and they know i donā€™t do the closings for that price and they pay me the 100 or 150 i ask for. I tell them straight up its up to you if you want to use me or not but those are my fees. They know i am reputable and good. When they call me, its because either they had sent a prior notary who messes up, or the borrower complained about wanting some with experience or knowledge or they want a peace of mind that there wont be any problems at the closing. They know i will not accept those ridiculous fees. I cant express anymore until you stop taking those cheap fees it will never change for you. I have stop taking anything less than $100 for over 5 years and i am better off today. Most of the times my fee is $125-200.

I completed three closings for ASAP in November 2017. Iā€™ve called and emailed the accounting department without luck. Their recording says they will respond within a ā€œreasonableā€ timeā€¦that was 5 weeks ago. Has anyone else experienced this lately. Iā€™ve worked with ASAP for years and know 90 days is the average time but four months? Very unreasonable in my opinion!

Lisa Harrow is on LinkedIn, if you look her up and send her a pm, to let her know you havenā€™t gotten paid, she may just answer you. She is also a real estate agent now. On Notary Reviews she has a 1 rating. The company has had a bad habit of paying new NSAs fast, then after a few closings, will opt not to pay 90+ out.

I no longer work for her company as I donā€™t extend credit that far out.

Sorry youā€™re going through this, but perhaps try hiring a collection agency as getting something is better than getting nothing imo.

Keep sending emails and calling. I have email battles with Lisa and I donā€™t stand down. Her company pays in 45 business days as she says. WTF that is ridiculous!! So basically you get paid in 90 days if youā€™re lucky! I wouldnā€™t work for her unless they pay UPFRONT!

All signings have 1. A lender 2. A title company 3. An Escrow Company 4. A Borrower. After 45 days you send out notices to all the above for payment. In your request to the borrower ask them to contact their loan officer about the non payment since all of the above have been paid at closing. Trust me they donā€™t like this approach but their not the ones getting stiffed by these signing services. Enough Notaries start doing this and the Escrow & Title Companies will put an end to this practice. Keep a record of all the players before you return the loan docā€™s. If they donā€™t respond to us they will surely answer to their customers who paid the BIG Bucks for there service. Donā€™t follow the money go to the source. Pressure comes from the top down. Most times we are the only person the client sees face to face so use that leverage.

1 Like