Beware of Scam/Spam Emails From Susan Anagnostopoulos

I received a suspicious email from a law firm claiming to need a notary in my county. The email appeared to be from Susan Anagnostopoulos. The first clue that this was BS was this non-official email address that it came from: meme10695@hotmail.com

Just for kicks, I replied to the email and requested more information and of course they “had a problem uploading it to their ‘website’” and needed me to click on a “secured link” to accept the closing and retrieve the docs.

The email signature:

Susan Anagnostopoulos
Legal Assistant
Zendegui Law Group, P.A.
10800 Biscayne Blvd, Ste 725
Miami, FL 33161

…had the name of the law firm (which is a real law firm) and an address but no phone number. A quick Google search proved that the address in the email signature was incorrect for this law firm and after a brief call to the phone number that I found on Google for this law office, as soon as I mentioned “Susan Anagnostopoulos” the receptionist confirmed what I already suspected. It’s a SCAM.

Beware people!

I attached screenshots of the emails below for reference.

5 Likes

Hello

“Susan” is still at it. Also goes by “Rosemary”. Has new email as well. jollofsquad20201@outlook.com . Stay safe everyone.

Scott Wilkinson
swilkinson@UNOCServices.com

3 Likes

Search Zendegui Law Firm here - been discussed.

She’s gonna have trouble getting that signing done in a timely manner - 8/9/2022 is a Tuesday, not a Thursday.

smh

2 Likes

Yep, I almost fell for it. The price and no phone number got me to ??? This

1 Like

I got the same email. I questioned it because it didnt list a specific county and the hotmail address

1 Like

Thanks this is very helpful!

1 Like

Thank you for posting your experience with this scam. I received the same email from Susan and was very leary when no phone # and signing location was listed. She also seem too desparate for you to click on the “secured” document. I’m so glad I didn’t despite the generous fee of $250. BEWARE!

1 Like

I just received an email from the same email address the name was change and the law firm was changed as well but it had the same email body and email address. This is scary!

1 Like

(CA) Yeah, it’s the same as “ImpressiveLawyers” – search for that name in this site and you’ll see what I discovered. It’s another scammer.

1 Like

Why does it seem that most scammers are from Florida…I’m scared now from anything coming ftom Florida…they must have NO LAWS

3 Likes

Yea I got something like this also…and I called the attorney’s office and asked if that person worked in the office and they said no! So then I really started messing with however was on the other end. lol

2 Likes

Ohh I had the same email, and I called also the firm and they confirmed it’s a scam. the email mentioned even the fee $250. that’s awful I don’t know why they do that…?! :frowning:

2 Likes

There are a number of similar emails circulating for several years. The verbiage in the body of the email is the same but the senders vary. I’ve called the actual companies to notify them of the fictitious requests. I then forward the email at their requests and their tech people handle it from there. Always check the senders EMAIL address that’s how you’ll know. If it’s legit You will not receive the email from a personal email address.

4 Likes

I received the same email from Rosemary Kurt. That’s crazy I knew something was wrong with it.

2 Likes

Yes I have got the email from Rosemary, I have checked the attorney name on the Google Business it has update stated warning about the email scam going on.

2 Likes

I received the same email and fell for it since it was my first Florida offer after my move here from California and I was a bit excited. I received a similar scam email years ago so I should have known better.

2 Likes

Thank you for positing the original warning!

Include this name: Michael Hatzenbeler**meme10695@hotmail.com**
Also, Tennessee Notary Professionals has made note of this address.

…so this email address looked rather unprofessional for a legal assistant. And, as someone commented previously, no phone number. Hmmm, so I looked up the law firm to make a call and got voicemail, of a supposed attorney with Shapiro law firm.

I replied that Norton red flagged would not let me in and gave him several other “safe” ways to send docs. Of course I heard nothing back.

Good Afternoon,
(Norton does not like this secure link)
In the secure link below you will find all the documents that the borrower needs to sign for the closing . I tried to upload it on our website, but we are having some problems uploading it. Kindly click on the link below to download and accept the closing. The closing location and the borrower’s contact details are in the secured docs below, you will also find a list of all the documents that are in the secured link…

NOTE: KINDLY LOG ON WITH ANY KIND OF EMAIL YOU USE, THE MICROSOFT IS SYNC TO OPEN THE DOC AS SOON AS YOU LOG IN WITH YOUR EMAIL

Fee: $250

Borrower Docs

Payoff Statement

FedEx Label (send back originals)

Closing Package

Notary Checklist – Buyer’s Purchase

AOT Docs

Download full resolution images

[Click To Download]

21.3 MB

Thanks again for the warning. This is one of our best value’s–each other.

2 Likes

(CA) Yeah, got one of these too, Total scam-a-lot!

2 Likes

I got the same email from this person today!

Rosemary Kurt rosemarykurt432@hotmail.com

Do NOT respond to it… and DO NOT CLICK on the download!!! I did not. A legit email will be a company email!

2 Likes

Not necessarily, as I’ve previously stated - though I don’t argue that this one is a scam -

1 Like