C2C removes LSA from their list

My phone has a ‘do not disturb’ setting, so any texts coming in outside the hours I want (6 am - 11 pm) don’t chime or vibrate. I have my family members’ numbers excluded, so they can call me in an emergency.

1 Like

That is a GREAT idea! I will do that NOW.

I used to counter the offers, but after dozens and dozens of counters for even just as little as $5 more ( to see if I could even get that), I never had a counter accepted so delisted them…

I’m an Oregon notary where we are allowed to make corrections on notarizations after-the-fact and without the signers there, such as stamping the document, correcting information, etc. The NNA has a post related to this (apparently California and Florida don’t allow it). At the end of the NNA post it says this (note the very last line, which says to use the same date as the original):
Using A Replacement Certificate
If there is not enough room to properly make the corrections on the original certificate, you may attach a separate, replacement certificate. Simply line through the original certificate, write “see attached certificate,” initial and date the original then complete and attach the new certificate.
If possible and if permitted by your state, use the same certificate wording that was on the original. This will reduce the chances of the document being rejected. Also, use the same date as the original.

From the CA SOS notary handbook.

Correcting a Notarial Act
There are no provisions in the law that allow for the correction of a completed notarial act. If a notary public discovers an error in a notarial act after completing the act, then the notary public should notarize the signature on the document again. All requirements for notarization are required for the new notarial act, including completing and attaching a new certifcate containing the date of the new notarial act and completing a new journal entry.

So that is different from Oregon law where we can fix an error on the original certificate after it’s completed. Each state is different. California and Florida seem to have much stricter rules.