C2C removes LSA from their list

I am able to help with assignments and also error questions form questions and printer and faxbacks issues you can call me direct or email me kasey.kyle@c2csignings.com or text/call 215-693-3430

See the comment below

It depends on the severity of the issue, I reactivate notaries all the time, if your rude and unprofessional and using profanity and not willing to learn or take constructive criticism on how to resolve the issue, then you will be deactivated permanently and your SnapDocs rating will be reduced

All Iā€™ll say is after all these posts by you, Kasey_kyle, youā€™re wrongā€¦

for instance, if you complete the loan set on August 1st and then FedEx the loan set same day, you sent the faxback to us and the DOT is missing a stamp or it was not signed etc, when I catch the error and email you on the 2nd or 3rd of august, I will email you the entire DOT of 16 pages and send you a label and you will be instructed to use original signing date of the 1st." Wrong

" if the loan set is sent back and you did not have to send a faxback, if the error was caught by internal audit on the 17th of august, escrow will contact us and we will send you back out with a blank DOT and you will date it for August 1st, you will not date it for the 17th when you go back out to the signers to execute the Error DOT" Wrong againā€¦

The notary cert MUST contain the current dateā€¦no matter whose error. AND, in Florida, that would require another trip to the signers to reacknowledge - Florida law is very specific that there are to be no changes to the notarial cert after the fact.

You made a comment earlier either here or in another thread about a notary should know this if they got decent training (other words but same intent) - you may want to re-think your own philosophy. You are wrong about backdating and you are especially wrong about fixing certs (at least for Florida, and I believe CA is the same way). I know Lisa knows better than that.

All due respect

2 Likes

You have spoken and that is fine, but trust me, if you have an error with a critical form set and do not execute the error as instructed from escrow/lender/title you will not work with that company again as you did not follow instructions and this is why notaries are deactivated and blacklisted, when a company gives you directions and you counter with trying to do it your way they will not work with you anymore. Beyond that, if a notary is thorough they do not make mistakes and do not have this to worry about. You have alot to learn. I will not argue with someone that is not well informed and not willing to listen and learn. You have new notaries reading this and really about to take your advice and you will have notaries out of a job trying to get them to listen to your rhetoric. It simply is not true what you are saying. I am sure you are probably deactivated on SnapDocs because you want to fix errors your way instead of listening to Audit/QC departments.

Also keep in mind this is for ERRORS ONLY!! Not a new notarial act. Do not get them confused lindah

You should know Iā€™ve been a notary for almost 40 years - I AM well informed, know my notary laws and am thankful I can help new folks with proper procedure. I;m also pretty good on mortgage and closing procedure too having been a real estate paralegal for over 25 of those years. Itā€™s not a case of doing it ā€œmy wayā€ - itā€™s the notary law wayā€¦and I am very discouraged to hear that you donā€™t see that. Error or notā€¦keep in mind Iā€™m only addressing notary certificIā€™ates - the notary portion, not the rest of the documents - how thatā€™s done is up to title, lender and signer. But I stand by my statement that the cert is dated the current date, never backdated, even for corrections. As I stated, Florida does not allow us to make corrections to our certs - itā€™s a new notarial act. YOU are the one who has a lot to learn.

Lisa, I hope youā€™re seeing thisā€¦this is frightening. Your Audit/QC person is publicly admitting they want notaries to backdate -

I will end here because Iā€™m sure Admin is tired of this threadā€¦and I wish to preserve my good standing here. I hope I have not offended anyone reading this and will say this in parting - if in doubt, consult your SOS or your notary handbook for proper procedure about dating your notarial certificatesā€¦and never let any company, person or entity coerce you into breaking the law.

Be well all

8 Likes

What you say is 100% true, but the rules (and pay rates) of signing companies are geared to inexperienced signing agents who donā€™t automatically do error free, efficient signings all the time. Unless you can deal strictly direct with title companies and get full fee, this is the kind of crap youā€™re going to have to deal with.

This has been a tough discussion to read.

It is my understanding that a correction to a notarized document does require the notarial certificate to be dated using the date the correction was made. It is my understanding that Title/Escrow/Lender can not require the notary to follow instructions contrary to notarial law.

The body of the corrected document can have the same date, is my understanding.

I believe notarial certificates often ask the notary to attest to facts/statements that the notary is not in a position to know or verify. The most frequent that I see is ā€˜ā€¦signer A and Signer B, a married couple, in joint tenancyā€™ or a variation of that statement. The notary is not in a position to know if the couple is married and simply having title/lender draft the notarial certificate that way does not insure the statement is correct. Nor does the notary asking the signers if they are married meet that requirement.

It is my thought, as a notary and not an attorney, that the correct way to address the ā€˜marriedā€™ situation would be by a document where the signers Acknowledge or make a Sworn Statement that they are married. Then the notary certificate does not need to say 'Signer A and Signer B a marriedā€¦

Take what you like from my thoughts and leave the rest.

Respectfully,
Guy

1 Like

Thank you Linda for your stand on this backdating. Those folks who are telling notaries to backdate are going cause those notaries to lose their commission. In my Notary Laws course. Itā€™s says NEVER backdate. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m glad I took the LSS and make sure all my docs are signed, dated and notarized so that the client or escrow wonā€™t miss a rate lock. I triple check all my documents. So far havenā€™t gotten any calls from EO about anything missing. If the loan docs are missing a signature, a date or notarization 3 days later after closing. They must go back and sign, with the current date and notarize again with a new certificate.

1 Like

What about the ID that shows the same last name and address, wouldnt that suffice?

Let me help you a bit with this back dating issue. Everyone is reading that particular law as verbatim and that is fine that is what your suppose to do, but that law is written on back dating for an original signing date for brand new signings. It DOES NOT address a repeat visit for a notary that is meeting back up with signers they have already met with
What I mean by that is for example that law is not covering notary errors and that is what no one is paying attention to.
If you do a signing on 7-1-2021 and you ship the documents and upon receipt they are audited for errors during the 3 day decision period and one error is found on letā€™s say the Deed of Trust. You are able to go back out to those signers you met with on 7-3-2021 (if that is the day you make it back there, sometimes the error is caught on scanbacks within 24 hr) the notary goes back out to meet with those signers again and only taking the DOT back out, it is not back dating since you are meeting with signers you have already met with on 7-1-2021, because yes you were actually there on 7-1-2021 filling out a new DOT and for the original signing date it is only ok to backdate in this situation and the signing vendor will let you know if they want the original date you met with the signers or if they want the date you went back out. Notaries are not understanding that NO you are not to back date with signers you are meeting with for the first time or fixing another notary error that was missed, the notary law is worded only for backdating when you have never met with your signers and this law is not addressing a notary going back out to fix their own error, the law only covers first time signings only and not second trips to correct errors. Again, 70% of companies in California do not allow back dating even on errors and so you will have signings that have 90% of the documents dated for one day and the rest on another day regardless of notary error. I hope this clears this up because as stated with that error DOT that is being corrected on 7-3-2021, when you date the DOT for 7-1-2021, were you actually there on 7-1-2021, yes you were, are they the same signer/s, yes they are, is this a situation where you can back date, yes it is, is this breaking the notary law, no it is not because as stated that law only covers original signing, not errors. That law is not worded for error corrections on critical documents, recordables or trust instruments

1 Like

Please keep in mind that people are not taking into consideration that when I myself speak of back dating it is for error corrections only. The law is not written for error corrections, it is written for new signing appoints and does not cover error corrections, the vendor will let you know if they need the original signing date or if you are to use the current day you go back out to fix your own error. Mark at LSS is great and he teaches no back dating even on error corrections because most California companies so not want back dates even for corrections. Not trying to convince you otherwise but just trying to get you to see that the law does NOT cover error corrections, there is a big difference between backdating for brand new signers and signers you have previously met with to fix your own error you made with these signers. So should you back date on a first time appt with your signers!?! ABSOLUTELY NOT EVER IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.

Credible witness especially if you are in California, and in that case you need 2 in that state

@ kasey Kyle: Just want to let you know that the notary course that I have taken here in the state of Texas states to NEVER back date documents whether new clients or previous clients. I did not just learn about back dating through Mark Wills course.

That is fine, it is always the. Itary choice if they will back date under the circumstances that a backdate is allowed, 90-95% of Florida and California companies do not allow backdated no matter the situation, the companies that do will ask the notary if they will back date their error and if the notary says no that is fine, Texas cash outs are the same, no backdating since they need to be done in title and or escrow office or attorney office. It is always the notary choice but being educated and learning some new things is not a bad thing. Just seems like everyone is not willing to look at how the law is worded and I have not seen the law you speak of that address new and error corrections, post it here so I can see and learn something new today also

Well it does not matter to me anymore about all this because I do not do loan signings anymore. Have a blessed day.

You have an even better one.

I totally respect everyoneā€™s opinion on back dating documents, but this is quite easy actually. My job as a Notary is to collect signatures and notarize if required. I donā€™t care what date the Lender tells the client to put next to their signature, but when it comes to a Notarization, I will ALWAYS use the date I witnessed the signature and no others. It is illegal to do otherwise. Iā€™ve had to do a couple of these re-signings from other Notaries where the clients had to backdate their signature dates. None of that concerns me. My stamp will always be an original stamp and signature when they appear before me.

5 Likes

Nice post, you as the notary always have the final say and have to look out for yourself because in the end, if something happens, you are the one showing up in court and not that lender, vendor, escrow or title. I have been a nurse for suit a long time and doctors used to try to get us to do stuff we know we should not do all the time and in the end, the nurse has to cover their bottom because the doctor does not have to appear in front of tht attorney general or nursing board if something go wrong .

1 Like