Cash Outs - Title and/or Attorney office in my building - Texas

Hey there! I hope everyone is well. I have a question as a newbie in the industry. I understand for cash outs in the state of Texas, it needs to take place at a physical address of a title and/or attorney office. I happen to work in an office within the SAME building as these title and attorney businesses. Can these signing take place in the lobby of the building or my office/conference room within the same office building that have these attorney / title companies? I went up stairs to visit one and they wanted to charge me $50. Thank you.

Hey Kareem so the reason why it needs to be in a title/attorney office has something to do with some sort of representation for the signer if they have questions which almost no signer does, at least that is my understanding, so it is normal for the offices to charge a room fee. You can add that to the signing fee when you accept a closing. Almost always they pay it because they understand. In reference to the lobby that depends on the lender. Some lenders accept what we call a “parking lot” signing (even though it’s not really in a parking lot). Meaning it the office is right there but they really don’t care. Some lenders are very picky about that so you would have to ask. The great thing is you have access to that where most notaries don’t. If you’re willing to share I would love for you to email me those office locations if they are in the San Antonio area, so that I can reach out as well. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hey there! Thanks for your response, that helps alot. I reside in Plano, TX, so, unfortunately I cannot help you with that.

1 Like