Coast To Coast?

I have heard many good things about Coast to Coast and really want to give them a try and have been saying Im available for many signings that they send but have never been assigned. They have also been sending $30 signings of course they are right here in my city so I wanted to take them to get my numbers up. Can anyone tell me if Im doing something wrong or what?

1 Like

That helps low ballers keep offering law balls offers… but is up to you. You deserve better… we all, deserve better than $30. Once you give these low ballers that low fee, they’ll get used to it and might never offer any better.

8 Likes

Please keep reading this forum on this Signing Service and it probably will give you some insight. Just type the name in the search and you’ll get All the information you need. The rest is up to you.

3 Likes

That fee is not ever going to get you very far in this business. When you work as an independent contractor you are a 1099 business owner therefore you must think like a business owner not like an hourly wage employee. Sorry to put so bluntly, but for $30 an assignment you minus we’ll go back to being a w2 hourly salaried employee status.

In this type of business as a notary loan signing agent, you name your price and if you are being offered $30 to $100 offers that is not worth taking, you are setting a low standard bargain fee for yourself.

Another thing to take into consideration,
Mileage, Price for printing, ink, paper, toner and other supplies driving time, Your time is valuable and comes with a price tag. You are a business owner and time to think like one. I wish you the best of luck in this business opportunity as as an independent contractor.

7 Likes

Thank you for all the input. I get it now. THANKS AGAIN. The reason that I was saying I was trying to get my numbers up is because I am taking this very reputable course that will remain un named and in the course they were saying take whatever assignments you can to get your numbers up when you first start out. Of course I do not want to take $30 assignments but I was just going off of that advice I was given and I know Im not the only one that has taken the course. I really really appreciate all of the input but like I stated that advice is in a course so I was just curious.

1 Like

I know what course this is because I took it. And…I have never signed up with any Signing Service to date. My first signing was a direct signing with an escrow officer. I’m a business owner and I chose not to sign up to any Signing Service because of how they pay. I will NOT wait 30 to 45 days for them to pay me. That’s 1 reason why I don’t sign up among many other reasons. And… just because it was told to you to sign up doesn’t mean you have to accept low ball fees just to get the experience. You can still get business and give them YOUR fee, you don’t have to accept their lowball fee. Lowball Fee, Lowball Service or accept my Fee or no service at all, period. Be Blessed.
PS: you’re running a business not a non-profit charity business.

8 Likes

We, newbies, want to get our numbers up but I’m not desperate as to let others take advantage of me. As lillyaclark mentioned, we have expenses and we have to think as business owners, not employees. This week I spent on a $400 scanner, and let’s not even mention about the printer, toners, papers, subscriptions, car usage + gas, stamps, renewal of seal PLUS education! So, I cannot accept $30 for a loan mo regardless is 2 sets of 10-15 pages, especially when I have read others that they’re getting paid $90 and up… why should I settle for less?!.. okay, as a newbie and in my area I’ll be willing to accept $65 and up… not less :wink:

3 Likes

That is horrible advice from a course, sounds like it was written by a loan signing company.

5 Likes

First off, it’s not horrible advice, it’s only horrible if the person taking the advice doesn’t know anything about how to run a business. How to run a business is Not given or taught in this course and that’s totally different.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call it desperation. I was looking at it as taking advice from someone that is very successful in the business and the way I see it is…they had to start somewhere. So of course Im going to AT LEAST try what they say because they’'ve already made it.

3 Likes

Do you want to be a successful loan signing agent and become business educated and knowledgeable there are classes for that too. Business marketing and business 101. If you don’t want to go that route. You can Google the information, but some of these loan signing companies want to payout low paying assignments for loans that cost you more money overhead. It may be just as hard to get a great paying assignment after you start accepting low paying ones. So in my opinion it is horrible advice from a training program you are paying for.

Things don’t have to be any more difficult than they really are. Set your prices and take into consideration what it cost you to be a self employed notary signing agent. You don’t have to accept the low paying assignments just to get your numbers up.

Don’t settle for less just because a training course said so.

Did you ask what advice she was given? Don’t assume you know what you’re talking about. And I don’t need to google or take a business 101 course. I have a Bachelors in Science in Business Administration, magnum cum laude and is currently owning my own business for 18 years. And if you have not taken the program then you’re opinion doesn’t matter, you know nothing. And I did not tell her to settle for less because she took a course read the post and stop assuming. And… the training course did not tell anyone to settle for less either.

Lets agree to disagree ladies. Thanks for all of your input and opinions. Enjoy your Saturday evening.

2 Likes

@ Irdb4, I’m don’t why you are getting all upset at me and twisting my words around?

First of all Jessica.signing agent stated she was advised to take any assignments to get her numbers up if she does take those $30 assignments is not worth it. If she takes assignments from companies that pay low just to get her numbers up then she is setting up her fees expectations with them. They don’t know how much experience you have with loan signing. Signing up with any company to take assignments is no indication on how much experience you hold under your belt. Taking low paying assignments is up to her now.

1 Like

I’m not upset just stating facts and don’t like when people assume. I’m not twisting your words: here it is: She plainly said the “advice was to sign up to all Signing Services” to get experience. …the advice was NOT, to accept low ball fees. YOU took that wrong and said the course was giving horrible advice. And then you suggested to me to take a marketing course and business 101 If I wanted to be successful. And…I just basically gave you my background because you assumed I didn’t have any business knowledge. Then you basically belittled a course that I personally had taken and you knew nothing about and assumed wrong. So therefore I had to defend it. So don’t take my forwardness as being upset. Because I’m not. I had previously spoken privately to jessicasigningagent so I knew what she was talking about.
In closing, I hope this clears things up because it is very easy to get things misconstrued thru these platforms.

I dont appreciate you putting words into my comment. Whatever course you took and stop attacking me personally because I gave her my input. I still think it’s horrible advice to take whatever assignment are offered to get her numbers up.

Everything else you took personally is irrelevant.

1 Like

HI there, Since I am the owner of C2C, I will mention this. the $30.00 offers are for loss mitigation NOT loan signings, pages are from 9-30 pages and usually 4 signatures.
C2C does not make hardly any money on these… and they have increased to be Partial Claims due to Covid.

we do about 500-1000 a day and we get them done… its not to insult and if you cant do them… or it does not fit with your business model we respect this.
But many signing agents are taking up to 50 at a time, because you are in and out of the signers home in about 15 mins.
But please do what you need… its not meant to insult.

Lisa Bittner

8 Likes