Coast To Coast?

How do they get 50 at a time? I want more.

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
I tried not to answer her back, but you nailed it :ok_hand:

According to what has been posted these are not exactly time sensitive as are loan signings - i.e. you get the assignment and must be done that day; with these youā€™re given a window of several days to a week to get them done and returnedā€¦ I believe.

Still, $30 to me is a bit on the low side

$30 is low. But I bet your anonymous training course couldnā€™t imagine an assignment offer for $30. They are probably talking about the $75 - $95 low ball loan signing offers for an actual loan signing. Pay close attention to the type they put in the text. If the type is not something you are familiar with, hop on to the forum and search to see if you could get some clarification. An example of this is I received a text and the type was ā€œSingle Writingā€. It was in my neighborhood. I took a gamble because I couldnā€™t find it on the forum and no one knew what it was. It turned out to be a grant deed, 6 pages for $95. In this particular situation I won. Remember you can always counter offer. most of the time they accept it. C2C so far has been good to me. They do send out low offers, but all you have to do is counter offer. If they accept, good for you! I have found at least 80% accepts my counter offers. Just my little two cents from a newbie! You will learn something new everyday in this time of business.

2 Likes

I got one of those too Single Writing, but it was about 100 round trip so I counter offered $150. I had no idea what it was till I googled it. Next time I hope I get one closer to me.

Questionā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ How many times to you counter before you just accept it? When you do send it back for more does it come back fast with what you asked for?

1 Like

Coast 2 Coast is a good company and those $30 orders are loan mods. They are quick and easy small packages. Donā€™t take them if you donā€™t want them but for all the bashers, you should be informed. I am in Wisconsin/ Minnesota and my avg pay on a regular, full signing w/ no scan backs is $250 and around here, I get that or more on most orders. You take the ones you want for a fair fee, decline the others and if you lose out to lower bid, thatā€™s the nature of the biz. No one has to scold me about encouraging low ball offers tho- Iā€™ve received as much as $500 a couple of times.

5 Likes

Coast 2 Coast automatically assigns me once they agree to my counter offer. This happens 8 out of 10 times. I know they donā€™t agree when they resend text out. If I see the text come through multiple times, to me that means they canā€™t find anyone else to accept it. After I receive the same text 3 times, I know no one accepted it and then I get automatically get assigned because no one else will take there offer. Now that happens when the signing is the same day. When the signing is a day out or two then it could take a while because another notary may have room in their schedule to accept a low ball offer (or there counter offer is less than my counter offer). I have learned not to leave the house for less than $125 (max 15 miles) unless it is a single writing assignment (10-page max, 2 copies max, no time constrictions on when I drop off at FedEx) in the same town I live, I will accept $115.

5 Likes

I will also like to add that I live in the Silicon Valley in California. Homes go for a million plus around here, so the fees they pay out here are much higher.
When thinking about pricing your fees its all about location, time, and cost for me :slight_smile: . Definitely do what is best for you! Weigh out your proā€™s and conā€™s.

Well, I seem to get many request. But I never get the assignment. I know this may not be something you can answer. However I just want to know if I have completed all the required information needed to be considered a part of your team at C2C.

Take into account that itā€™ll probably take your 2-3 hours of work to print, prepare, travel, and do the signing and return home, plus you pay for gas and miles, and you have to make some money for yourself too. You are making around $10 an hour, minus this: (you pay for toner, paper, printer, scanner, car depreciation, fuel, maintenance, cell phone).

5 Likes

Hi, as a newbie, I think our priority should be to get our numbers up first, then go for the money. So donā€™t let anyone make you feel bad about accepting the $30 assignments. Thatā€™s just one more signing under your belt. I always take those when I can, just wonā€™t travel a great distance for them. They are great ā€œfillersā€ in between full signings. Of course, if I was one of the seasoned notaries on this post, I wouldnā€™t take them, especially if I have gone direct. The way Iā€™ve been able to get the assignments from them is to IMMEDIATELY respond as available, and when I say IMMEDIATELYā€¦like 2 seconds after you receive the text notifications. Anything longer than 30 seconds or a minute is too long. Hope this response helps.

3 Likes

Iā€™m a newbieā€¦ (still canā€™t figure out how to get my profile at 100 on here) I get at least 5 offers a week from the for $30. I try to negotiate but nothing. Is that all they ever offer or are people accepting those offers?

Hmmm :thinking: if itā€™s in your neighborhood, no more than 2 or 3 miles, take them, so you can have your hands on trainingā€¦ but no more than 2 or miles, then theyā€™ll get used to keep low balling you.

1 Like

BluePenNotary thatā€™s a good theoryā€¦folks like me, though, are in a different situation (and I have gotten texts to do these) - I live down 2.5 miles of dirt road - NOTHING is 2-3 miles away, and I can feasibly travel 25 miles one way and still stay within my own county; then if these require scanbacks, return home, scan then another 30 miles round trip trek to drop the package (no FedEx or UPS boxes in my town - or in my county for that matter!) - now add that up and if I go 15 miles one way then scan & pkg drop - 60 miles for one $30 assignment.
So you can see where fees for these are variable and are really location-specific.

2 Likes

Exactly! Location is a mustā€¦ more than 3 miles should be $50 plus for those small loan mods

They are loan mods and they have a contract with the lender to get them done. They arenā€™t making much $$$ on them to begin with so they canā€™t offer to pay more on them.

I donā€™t buy that one! I have requested more money, and they have approved.
Last night I got one less than a mile from me, and I requested $60 and they approved.

Greetings,
Thanks for your comment. What do you recommend charging?

Iā€™ve done a couple jobs for them. Both debt resolution or loan modifications- maybe 10 pages with one notarization. My problem was reaching the reluctant signers to schedule- multiple phone calls needed. Wouldnā€™t do them for $30 unless it was close to home or somewhere You already had to be. I asked and got $50