Coast To Coast?

The “reluctant signers” probably felt harassed (not by you, but the lender), and you’re lucky they signed; some of them give the Notary a hard time, and at the last minute have second thoughts and decide not to sign
I would never do debt resolutions, not even for a couple of hundreds.

Greetings, Lillyaclark.19, What is a single writing?

Ladies and Gentlemen, let’s not make this personal.

There are always multiple factors which go into accepting assignments. Let’s stick with the information provided and the offer for the signing of $30.00. Lisa (the owner of C2C was kind enough to shed light to this matter by saying these assignments are typically between 9-30 pages and require about 4 signatures (I’m not sure if the signatures also require notarizations, but for the sake of this topic let’s say it does).

All notary signing agents should know first hand what their state allows you to charge per notarization? In Florida that amount is $10.00 (Per Notarization). So if you’re doing 4 notarization that $40.00 that the state allows, before printing, traveling or faxbacks cost (if needed) are factored in. Next look at the size of the packet, 9-30 pages, that’s relatively small…however timing and location have not been considered.

Time- lets say you agreed to accept this for $30.00 because you know it’s a small packet and as Lisa said it requires 4 signatures and will take about 15-20 minutes. If you receive the call or text for the assignment and accept it at let’s 1:00pm for 3:00pm signing. You have to call and confirm the date, time and location with the signer then…wait on the docs to be sent. Here’s where things become tricky. Signing Services usually have to wait on docs from Title companies and or Lenders (hence the 2 hour window). As a result you’re now limited in what you can do as a signing agent because you still need to wait on docs to arrive, print docs and drive to the signing. So from 1pm- 3:30pm you’re unavailable for any other assignments because you’ve accepted and assignment for $30.00.

Location- Let’s say the signing is scheduled to take place within a radius of 10-20 miles from you. Well depending on where you live traffic can turn that 10-20 mile trip into a 30-40 minute drive. Again, more time lost, equals less signings accepted, which equals less profit making opportunities for you. For $30.00.

The bottom-line is, regardless of the type of signing know what your state allow you to charge per notarization. You’ll be surprised to know most loan packet average between 16-23 required notarizations. Open up a loan packet sometime and count the number of notarizations required. Then factor the amount of notarizations by what your state allows you to charge, then printing cost, travel cost, a second witness needed (in some cases) and faxbacks (if needed) then you’re able to have a good idea what your asking fee should be.

This is not a jab at C2C or any signing service, you simply have to be more knowledgeable about the business and your/our industry. There are several great people to get opinions from in our forums (LisaH and Articher just to name a few). We are in this together and everyone really tries to support one another.

That’s just my two cents… :grinning:

5 Likes

It’s “funny” the way some fellow NSAs believe that those $30 dollars add up and help them with cost while getting experience… yes! opinions from the forums. I might be a newbie but know my value, and the way you put it altogether is the real truth :+1:
I don’t do loan modifications for less than $90 for all the reasons you explained!
No matter how “beautiful equated” some SS owners or managers put it… $30 does not compensate my time, paper printing and its cost, car usage. Is not “15 minutes” worthy!

3 Likes

Also be sure to add that it takes a heel of a lot of effort to get paid from these people. Please dont leave that part out.

1 Like

I’m going to jump in here because I think most of the agents overlooked the elephant in the room.
[TheTreasureCoastNota]ry always has a very detailed post. He puts it out there.
The elephant is the VIRUS…Is it worth $30. to take a chance on contamination? We won’t do it.
Don’t sell yourself short (newbys). The only experience you get from a $30 gig is …Look all you services I work for $30 bucks.

3 Likes

John, you’re absolutely right.

No one and I mean no one should take the chance on exposure to Covid for $30.00. Signing agents have got to do a better job of knowing their area, when it comes to pricing their services.

What signing agents earn in CA, NY, NJ, AK will not be the same as what is earned in FL, GA, OH or TX. Major cities can be congested, have traffic issues, parking challenges ect. Rual areas, hills, mountains, dirt roads, lack of proper road signage, lighting and address can be a nightmare for GPS.

The bottom line is, it’s just $30.00…and you haven’t factored in Time, Resources ( paper, ink, gas, distance to the signing ect. ) oh yeah, you still need to pay taxes on this even though it’s a small amount.

That’s just my two cents.

7 Likes

Don’t know if you’re doing anything wrong but I just got approved by them this is after a two-week wait. Notarygo is usually the low baller here I have not gone out on a signing with Signature but i have heard positive things with them…

I have been getting some request from C2C lately. They offered $40 and I countered $75 and they agreed. It was a 23 minute ride from me. Waiting to see if they send me more business. Could use some closer to home.

Notary go will do that to you. They want to see if they can lowball you. I told them one time after about 10 notifications for $60 all of which I refused. I base rate is $75 if you can meet that then I’m your notary, but if not I am unavailable.

1 Like

I wouldn’t take $75, driving 46 minutes (both way)… not worth of my time, printer and car usage. That’s a low ball offer.

1 Like

I am fairly new to the assignment notary business. So far, I have done 2 for c2c. The second one was not the best. The assignment on text said docs had been e signed. I expected to have them sign and then notarize several pages, like the note, deed of trust, etc, so I accepted a pretty low fee. When the package arrived, it was 124 pages x2 and full presentation of the entire loan package plus about 20 pages of instructions. I sent them a note, " wow, this should have been a $150 signing! Up the pay?? Lots of paper and requirements." Answer by sidney: “please be advised the requirements do not need to be printed, just for your review. Please let us know if we need to reassign. Thank you.” Kinda snotty. The client was also surprised by the number of docs and the time involved. They had something for their kids and expected 15 minutes or so for a few docs, not an hour. I talked fast, they wrote fast an I was out in 45 minutes, hoping I did not miss something!
Unfortunately since these assignments are often first come, first served, there is no chance to ask questions or up the fee. I have discovered there is always a cheaper one out there and the assignments are not always forthright.

1 Like

Resign would be whole package, I charge full fee. Only take the $30.00 ones if close and are POA, or some other 1 to 4 page doc(s). Otherwise not worth it.

Good evening Jessica,

That’s the route I took just to get started and to get a feel for things. I went from one to sometimes 7 signing with this company a week.

If you are a new notary you need to take whatever you can to build your resume these guys know when you are new but they give you a chance where most companies won’t work with you unless you have at least 50+signings or more i have ran into companies who want a 100+signings first i did it and I’m at about 40 signings now but the lowest rete is 85 i negotiate higher😀

1 Like

You should call and introduce yourself and let them know you are available for signings.

From C2C or are u talking about frm other Signing Setvicrs

So the question is do they pay?? They could offer the moon, but if they don’t pay, just stay home.

If you are referring to the same “trainer” I am thinking of, he makes all his money from teaching and hosting seminars. I doubt that he even does packages. He will tell you all the ways to spend your money, but not how to make money.

I have done quite a few for Coast 2 Coast. You can also say the pay is to low and put in a higher amount. And you might get it from time to time.
There is no issue with getting paid from them which is also a plus.