Coast2Coast Personnel and the way they speak/treat to Notaries

I recently had an experience where some of C2C people felt that they instead of asking professionally about certain a certain document not being stamped or notarized they instead talk to you in an accusatory tone to the point of talking down to you. This happened when they just expected me to complete a document that was not included in the original package. The language was “You need to correct this as this was YOUR ERROR IN FACT”. So when I answered the phone I prefaced by this is so and so “on a recorded line” the caller H was so taken aback that I had WARNED her that all she could say was “weird” like 5 to 6 times because I have learned from being an AE for a few banks and primarily dealing with LO’S that those people will lie through their teeth telling a totally different thing than when I met with them and accepted their loan.

SO I have learned to record all convos to cover myself. Needless to say Lisa replied and apologized for the way I was spoken but there doesnt seem to be any consequences to the rudeness, so I have dropped Coast2Coast they pay very low and I just cant afford to work forthem.

8 Likes

Itt is a wise decision that you will no longer work for C2C. Only work for the best!

3 Likes

You have made a decision that quite a few of us have had to make when dealing with this company for one reason or another. I like the recorded line statement. I may actually start recording my calls as well, because I am almost certain that the missing stamp errors NSA’s are often accused of are not because we overlooked the page. (They were never there)

3 Likes

This is Lisa Bitner’s style. She’s a horrible person and I hope she has a day she deserves. More people need to wake up to the fact that Coast2Coast signings is one of the worst signing companies you could do work for. Lisa did the same thing to me. She called me, cursed me out then hung up. Not to mention their lack of payment. To ALL you notaries thinking of working with these folks…RUN AWAY FAST!

3 Likes

Maybe Lisa will chime in. But I doubt it.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback it seems to be the general consensus.

2 Likes

I won’t hold my breath but I don’t care at this point.

Thanks for the feedback, live and learn right?

1 Like

Thanks Prosigner, very much appreciated

1 Like

Lisa Bittner is not very nice. When things go the way she wants, she can be decent. She was curt and hung up on me! So, I no longer get signing from her. I am kept busy with plenty of other companies.

1 Like

Agreed thank you RLS Notarial Services.

That was good for sharing this thing.

1 Like

I’ve actually had great history with Coast to Coast, until I recently encountered Ashanti, a scheduler, who–as you said–talked DOWN to me, and referred to me as “Notary.” When I messaged back and told her my name, she was VERY defensive. I don’t think she will last long. To the contrary, Hanna and Monica are pleasant to work for.

2 Likes

Thanks I guess that is the personnel they are attracting for their pay scale. You get what you pay for.

2 Likes

Sounds about right. I was accused of “not printing a page” one time when it clearly wasn’t even there. I even had proof. The LO forgot to include the page but they wanted to blame me. So they said I had to “fix my error” and I wasn’t going to be compensated for drive time, or print. And i was also told something in regards that this should come out of my pocket to insure future work. Meaning, let the little fish go to catch the big fish later (was i really going to lose a relationship over 1 signing, for possibility giving up future work.)

I ask currently facing the same issues with C2C, I went to a loan mod appt for mere $30. It was a split signing, I had printed and had my copies signed and notarized, waited 7 days before the could find a notary in a different state for the 2nd part of the signing. Once they found a notary, I shipped the docs to her. One week later I was contacted by a C2C rep stating that the last page was not signed by my signer. I did get defensive because there was only 3 total signatures required and 1 notorized signature needed. The last page did not need to be notorized. I explained it was in there when I sent to 2nd notary, which didn’t get me anywhere. So, I printed the last page of the documents they had uploaded to me. Drive back to the signers house, apologized if I had made a mistake I was sorry, but this time I would scan the document in before sending. So a few days later I was contacted by C2C again. They said I had made a copy of a copy, it had a black line at the top of the page. And I would have to go do this again. I was so frustrated. I went there the very next day and had him sign again (3 trips). Again, I scanned it in and waited because at this point I had not received a shipping label. I tried to contact them on Friday, Saturday and Monday. When I received a text for a new signed available in same area I was assigned. Low and behold, it was the same signer… At the same time, I received an email stating that my original fee would be cut in half $15 because they had to print another FedEx label. I was furious. Then, on Tuesday, all c2c previous comments on the account were gone. It looked like I had been taking to myself. I messaged and messaged them… No response. Then get this, on Thursday I received a package from FedEx, I was not expecting a delivery. So, it was a busy day, I opened it on Friday. And it was the same documents, signed now by the 2nd notary first, sent to me, as if I was to make another trip…I called C2C again, talked to a very very rude man. Who said they would not have sent me any documents and that order had been closed. I tried to explain it was a different order number, and what was I supposed to do. He said “nothing”. So you guessed it. They are still sitting on my desk, since end of September… I was very reluctant to do business with them again. Then, supposedly they had fraudulent activity in their payroll account. And I’m still waiting payment for 2 signings done mid September. I have tried calling, no one ever answers in the accounting department, and if I get a hold of someone to help notary problems, then they just say to email office@c2c… Do that’s where I’m at today.

The best relationship you can have with Coast2Coast is a “previous” one. Get away from them. They want you to work cheap and then get paid 45 days later. Here’s what I did…bug the crap out of them when your invoices hit 30 days…get your money and the get as far away from them as you can!!!

1 Like

I’ve done closings for C2C and I made a mistake and fix it. Lisa was very nice to me. And I was at fault but Lisa never acted rude at all, she and her team treated me respectfully. In my own personal opinion, I would take signings from C2C any day and I think they’re a great company and group of people.
Again this is my own personal opinion.

2 Likes

Whenever I am not being paid, and I have emailed and called a few times…these 3 key words seem to always work. Ready? “Small Claims Court.” Mention if you dont get paid you will be taking them to small claims and you’ll see how FAST they pay you.

yikes, glad you keep busy.
saying i’m not very nice is unfortunate.
im sorry if I was anything but kind