Comments no longer needed

This word is now corrected from Reality to REALTY. Enjoy your day.

1 Like

Take the job. As you’re able to set your own hours, you will get invaluable experience, actual knowledge and insight while still being able to accept other signings

4 Likes

Thank you Arichter, I will send him an email in the am after my COVID shot.

1 Like

Concur with guidance by Arichter.

Accept the position. Hopefully, it will bring not only:

1. Regular and consistent remuneration for your professional services while gaining VALUABLE On-the-Job-Training
  2. Introduce you to key members of this business sector in your local region (increasing your network and worth in their eyes)
  3. Hopefully, it will also bring to you Health Insurance, Vacation, Holidays, and other perquisites of the position in this field of endeavor!

Best wishes! :fire::firecracker::gift:

1 Like

Thank You so much. Its been 6 months since my interactions with the realtor company. Will send him an email to verify if the offer is still available. Thank u so much, invaluable.

1 Like

Take the job but keep your phone on so you can accept signings too. Make all the money you can make while gaining knowledge at the same time, don’t limit yourself.

3 Likes

Thank you much, sounds like a plan…

1 Like

You went to college, spent $4000 on doing this business (hope that included a good training course) and now your considering a $17 an hour job. My question would be WHY? You have invested so much in yourself don’t settle for anything less than you deserve. A good training course will teach how to do this. Put your time and energy into growing your business.

2 Likes

That’s the plan to expand. The extra training I’m considering is that of a Closing Agent working side by side with title. I will still accept assignments whole growing my business, gaining invaluable experience ( bc be honest, being a newbie is pretty hard on the beginning) and have a study flow of income. You can’t beat that as a newbie messing around full time with these contracting companies who wanna low ball ya and the title companies are hesitant to work with newbie’s. Unless you land a few title companies direct who is willing to give you a shot. This is the reality of this game. I haven’t even had my first signing but has had my business started ( but no operating) for a year, for personal reasons. But during that time. I studied, practiced, read and conversed with real seasoned NSA in this game and we pretty much understand the real.

You can make good money as a newbi. I started March 1st. and made $5000 that month. I’ve never made less. I just hit 500 signings. I push hard and always go foreword. At the end of the day you have to do what’s best for you. I would hate to see someone who has invested so much in themselves to settle for less than they are worth. Whatever path you choose I wish you all the success in the world.

1 Like

I will take all this into consideration and try harder

My first question here is - where is the OP located - that’s key

$17/hour in CA is chump change - $17/hour here in my area is gold. And that’s to start

I will suggest the OP go to the search option and type in keywords like “new here” or “newbie” or “new signing agent” - you will be amazed at how many have flooded the market since last year - why in the world you’d spend $4k and give up your college career choice for this is beyond me. I hope you weren’t swayed by the 6-figure myth.

If you think you want to be a closer for a title company, if I were you I’d negotiate a permanent position with steady pay and benefits and work your way up the ranks.

JMO

Why not be supportive as opposed to trying to make someone fell bad about their decision? $4K to start a business is nothing. How do you know she gave up college? You say the 6 figure is hype but for many it has become a reality. The business is out there you just have to go get it. It doesn’t matter how many have entered into this industry in the last year. Did Walmart, Amazon or Target care how many other retailers there were. How about McDonalds, BK or the rest. All these took their market share and we need to do the same as NSA’S. We should help and support each other not complain about all the newbies or what training programs are out there.

3 Likes

I will not give up…it’s still early in the game and I do understand that as a newbie, seasoned or whatever, you get out what u put in

Not trying to make her feel bad - just trying to make her see reality - after 12 years in the business and 35+ years closing loans in CT and elsewhere I’ve seen the fees plummet - 2020 with covid was a fluke getting $250-$300 for a signing - reality is that is not the norm.

I wish her the best in whatever she does - but stand by this - I’d negotiate a permanent position (maybe part time) but get solid guaranteed pay and benefits. This industry is cyclical and fickle. If you don’t see that, well…

I wish you all well. Just glad I’m not facing the industry now.

1 Like

Agree with Linda. We oldies KNOW the demographics of our market. Newbs don’t. It’s a numbers game…all the way around. If you’re in the right location with a dense population and low notary-saturation (and probably willing to work between 6AM & midnight)–it’s all good. Out of the approx. 60,000 notaries (probably way more than that now), you’ve heard the success stories of how many? Most of the posts on this & other sites are how do I get work/no work/low fees.

To answer the question of how many success stories would mean you would have to know each persons goal. There are many that do this full time and make a very good living. There are many who do this part time and have a very good source of 2nd revenue. At the same time there are many not willing to put in the work. They thought this would be easy money. You oldies may know the demographics but don’t assume because someone is new that they don’t. We live in an age where information is at your finger tips. Yes a lot of people complain about fees, or how to get work and that’s going to happen weather do to location or lack of knowledge or even laziness. It would be nice if more people on this form especially the veterans would help and give viable advice instead of griping about all the newbies and the training courses. Please remember the wisest person isn’t the one who keeps the knowledge but the one who shares it.

Share? What do you think we’ve been doing…over & over? I’m done with this thread.

1 Like

Nope - not even going to continue this dialogue; there are none so blind as those who will not see.

1 Like

Do you mean a REALTY (as in real estate) company? If so, take if for a while and get the experience. Then, if it’s not for you, break away and go straight into Loan Signing for title companies.
Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.