Companies that do not pay

Dont do signings for 60.00 , I never do anything for less then 85.00 thats the lowest, and I find the more I charge, the faster I get paid, go figure

1 Like

Most times the letter is never sent to the borrower as the lender/title company has gotten involved and I get paid. Most I’ve ever gone is a little over 90 days. Be persistent with the title company and the lender and they become our advocate to the assigning company.

1 Like

I redid a cost analysis of my business last year and found it costs $65.60 for me to work an assignment within 25 miles of my office. This is the “hard cost” and does not include the “soft costs” things like NNA membership, background check, commission renewal, business cards, replacement cost of my vehicle, E&O insurance, etc. Hard costs are printing vehicle operation costs, time, etc. When it comes down to it, I’m left with about $34.00 to pay myself and amortize the replacement of my vehicle, insurance, printers, etc. Assigners do not realize the cost of fax backs in time and equipment.

3 Likes

Don’t start your car for less than 100.00 you’ll see a big difference in the quality of closings you do. Reverse mortgages I charge 200.00 minimum

5 Likes

Signing Stream/Notary Stream. I have been waiting for three months to get paid. Anyone else have this problem with them? They keep telling me it is in the mail. Right?

1 Like

The Notary Pool doesn’t pay. They owe me for a job I did in February.

1 Like

Finally after a lot of persistence, calls, and emails, I got my check from Mortgage Docs. I had to send them a lot of invoices too. I worked for those deadbeats in January, 2017 and just got my check today on August 17, 2017. It appears I got results after I sent a email to the bank who hired them. I didn’t have much success sending emails to Rudy Baldoni or their accounting office. I warn anyone to avoid this company. They don’t pay much and they will try not to pay you at all for your service.

1 Like

If I were you I’d find a better way to drum up new business.I hear lots of problems with low compensation and slow pay with these notary referral companies. I’m not here to pitch my business but we send new mobile notary client calls directly to one notary in each city. We charge a small fee for the lead ($10 to $15 depending on the market) and that’s it. You get paid the full amount from your client when you perform the service. There are no long term contracts either. We just started this service in Philadelphia but we’re expanding it across the country over the coming months.

Hi, I just happened to see your posting. Im still owed for a signing from May 2016 and then also this year again a few months ago. Can you possible tell me who you contacted as I would email them and numerous calls for payment. Im out about $160 now. Thanks Tania R Kibort (taniarkibkort@icloud.com)

Charlotte do you know anything about Notary 123? Carman said they(123) are the biggest in the country to sign up with to work with Title and Escrow company? Of course.

Waiting to get paid from National Loan Closing 8/28/017 will be their deadline.

I feel your pain with them. Did signings in June, just got paid 2 weeks ago, By far one of my weakest clients.

Hi just saw this so I’m answering
I did 1 job a year ago and was paid but it took several months then because they didn’t like me calling over and over they tried to blacklist me I would stay away from them.

NotaryRotary is bigger than 123. 123’s biggest liability is, apparently, that the guy who owns it is something of a contolling individual who reportedly subjects notaries listed on his site to unplanned phone “tests”. (I’m listed, but have never received such a call.) You should check out the forum before signing up.

2 Likes

Great! Let me know when you are in Ohio–or if you need help setting up in Ohio :grin:

Congratulations!!! I’m glad you got paid.

1 Like

I would appreciate a copy of your letter – pam_peterson@att.net

I received my confirmation order in August 2016, completed the signing and never got paid. I called, sent e-mails, and faxed follow-up invoices but still have not been paid. They owe me $85.

1 Like

Where do it show on Snapdoc the rankings for notaries?

National Notary Association has a place that lists the steps a Notary Public can take that is not being paid on time or not paid at all. There are letters you can send to request your money from these companies, and if those fail they have legal steps you can take.

1 Like