Covid and signings !?! WOW

Ya lesson learned… never listen to your husband haha jk. That’s amazing you did that on Christmas Eve :gift_heart:

1 Like

Hello fellow Washingtonian ! My son (44 years old) has been careful through COVID times since the beginning. Had both vaccinations and booster shots. He tested positive for COVID on December 13th while visiting in Seattle ~ no symptoms. Nurse advised that some people test positive for 90 days with no symptoms. This new variant makes it very difficult to know who is infected even when vaccinated properly. I have been signing since COVID breakout and very careful. Most important is masking, washing with soap and water your person and clothing. I have to do laundry more now but worth it.

1 Like

Does anyone here have there own Covid-19 Questionnaire that they have the signers sign or do you just ask them the questions prior to going out?

Sadly. My sister was also cautious. She and her husband died of covid the end of August. Please don’t assume all of your caution will fully protect you. You need to exercise all caution.

1 Like

Omg, it’s disgusting people aren’t taking this seriously yet, so many unvaccinated I know have died just this year, and they are painful deaths it’s not peaceful.

1 Like

It’s an individual choice. Personally, I would have no problem with accommodating. It’s whatever makes one comfortable. I’d check with the closing company as to what their rules are as well. If they are fine me going in then sure.

2 Likes

I am truly sorry for your loss! I do what the nurses and doctors do that were my clients as well as functional medicine. doctors. If I were to get sick it would most probably be a light and manageable This is the best it can be. You don’t mention what situation your family was in as I wouldn’t expect you to. Studying both sides of Covd I can assure you that education and self care make a huge difference. My caution does fully protect me thats what deep education and supplementation provide. Its my body that isn’t perfect, LOL!

You did the right thing! Periodt! I’m a Registered Nurse and I would have done the same thing. I will be asking if there is any one in the house that has tested positive for Covid. It’s not against HIPAA to ask, there’s no apology for being more safe than sorry!

There was one posted on one of the FB groups I’m in, I can share it with anyone who’s interested.

1 Like

Excellent! At lease you were properly compensated

Wow, to each their own, but to say because they don’t want the government in their business?? Too late, they already are! :slight_smile:

So, I know I have a different opinion than everyone else, but here goes.

I worked more than I ever have in 2020, when Covid was exploding. Then, as now, you never really know who has Covid unless they are forthcoming. With this in mind, I make it a point to take my mask and my sanitizer with me.

Had my borrower told me that someone in their family had contracted Covid, I would have basically asked her and (?) her husband to step outside and I would go ahead and close them on my car, as she asked. Before closing I would have asked them to sanitize their hands, wiped down the pens I give them to sign with, leave the binder clip on the paperwork to just flip through the pages, and begin signing. Afterwards, I would advise them they could keep the pens.

The job would have been done, I would have gotten paid, the title company and the borrower would have been happy and I would have been none the worse for wear.

It’s not worth the risk, your life is sacred and you only get one. I know too many people that have died taking risks or not taking the virus seriously, it’s not worth it, better to be safe and alive to fight another day.

I would have done the same thing - Reschedule until a Negative COVID test.

You are not wrong and I would have done the same thing, point blank, bottom line. Don’t second guess yourself here at all!!!

Good morning Angee,

Happy New Year!! Will you please share the document with me at; 1kentuckygyrl@gmail.com.

Thanks,

You did the right thing. I did the pre-singing confirmation call only to be informed the borrowers teenage son had covid. I cancelled the closing. They got angry and called title to inform them of my refusal. Title called me and said I was not to close and sent me a check for $25 for my troubles.

The same. I am sorry to inform you we will reschedule until you and your family is cleared of Covid. I hope everyone get better soon and have a happy and safe holiday season.

I agree with most here about canceling until a negative test is presented. But there will probably always be someone that will take the signing. But then I probably need to do better on asking ahead of time. But I think it’s either just not mentioned or they can lie. I wouldn’t be comfortable doing a signing (with multiple pages) outside (a couple of GNW pages - sure) - but here in Texas the weather is unpredictable and a lot of times windy - outside is not a great option. I’m now wondering about the last few I have done - were people exposed or even have it - who knows! :woman_shrugging: I wish this whole COVID thing would just go away.

1 Like

So sorry for your loss. I thought I was being extremely sanitary since COVID began. 2 weeks ago I came down with latest variant. Fortunately I had 2 Moderna vaccines and my symptoms were like the flu. Still recuperating. My daughter works out of her home and her husband caught virus at work and shared. My son had both vaccinations and booster caught COVID just before Christmas ~ minor symptoms. My 8 year old granddaughter tested positive and no symptoms. With the increase in cases all over the US I still don’t understand why people are not vaccinated.