Current Mortgage Connect questions 2021

I just received an email to join Mortgage Connect. I’m in Southern CA.
Before I fill out their 37 page application…

• What are their signing fees like per file?
  • Do they try to low ball notaries?
  • How many pages and notary signatures are in a typical file?
  • Are they a title/escrow company or a loan doc signing company?

Thanks!

No personal experience here but ratings on Notary Rotary are all over the place, averaging out to make them a 2.5 star out of 5-star company. Go to notaryrotary.com click on Signing Central, go to list of Companies, and read the review and forum posts there - that may help you make your decision.

Also do a search here for them and read the various threads about them.

I perform closings for this company. Most packages range from 100-160 pages.

Fill out the application and give them your rates on the provided fee schedule by county and zip code.

If your application and fees are accepted, when they make you offers, (if low), tell them your fee and ask them to reference your established fee sheet provided with your application.

It may take awhile before they offer you the right fee based on your fee schedule.

3 Likes

MC is okay.

Some say you can invoice electronically, but I have never been able to do so - I still have to send a paper invoice in regularly using their invoice form. I invoice on Sundays and generally receive payments within 14 days.

They are a title and escrow firm. You will be completing their series of affidavits with each document package.

Establish your initial rates via the vendor package.

They are one of the few that still call with offers, which I really appreciate.

They have never missed paying an invoice in 5 years.

6 Likes

The electronic system did not work for me either.

I performed one closing for this company, through a signing company as a matter of fact it was my very first and last minute signing i took because the other notary did not show up. The docs were Very confusing to decipher between which set they wanted signed and not signed.

1 Like