Do you travel to the sig ing if you were not able to confirm with the signer?

Do travel to the signing .if you did not speak with the signer to confirm the appointment , but the signing company still want you to show up ??

I would do this only if a print/trip/time/mileage fee was guaranteed to me in writing. My demographics are such that I can’t and won’t go through all that and make a trip without confirming - too much prior info is required to “just show up”.

JMO

3 Likes

The key is the docs. If you have them then go to the job, but only as @LindaH-FL stated, if you have a trip/print fee in writing. 9 times out of 10 the borrower is expecting “somebody” to show up at their door. A lot of times they are never told to expect a call from a signing agent once they hang up with their lender, and you know what we ALL do nowadays…screen our calls! Because of this, I always follow up with a text because the majority of the time the number for the borrower given is a mobile number. If you intro yourself in a text, and the purpose of the call, they will call you back (because apparently a lot of people don’t listen to voicemails either).

1 Like

No, I won’t, until I confirm with both, borrower(s) and lender. Months ago I was assigned to a signing where I couldn’t get in touch with borrower, meanwhile lender suggested to go, regardless I never got to talk borrower… short story short, the morning of the signing (2 hrs to be exact) borrower decided to answer my VMs and texts messages because he wasn’t interested, and was furious as hell with lender because when he needed them to assist him in refinancing they never responded until that moment. He even told me not to show up at his front door because he was going to go work, and for me not to keep wasting my time with “those people”

2 Likes

Aside from everything you have very correctly stated, Fatima, we are in a pandemic. I have to receive some written or voice confirmation from the borrower that they are aware I am coming and that you are well enough to perform the closing. I walked with docs for a closing in November for a borrower I had not been able to reach for a week. Finally, two hours before the appointment time, she responded via email and said she couldn’t make the appt. bc she was sick with COVID and would be in quarantine for another week.

You never know what you are dealing with.

That’s one extreme, but also I’ve had people just tell me while they were scheduled for one time, they told the lender they would not be home and it was to be re-scheduled for a couple hours later and that didn’t happen. That was as recently as last week and I couldn’t do that new time bc I was fitting him into a slot and I had another appointment. I had to turn it back and I told the SS do not blast it for that time again because the client is not home and won’t be until 7:30pm.

No one has time to be traveling 30 miles on a hope and a prayer :face_with_raised_eyebrow:…

3 Likes

Exactly! Is risky now on pandemic, is frustrating to go and being turned back because the borrower is not aware or not interested… I have faced both situations. If I don’t talk and confirm with borrower via text, VM or plain talk over the phone I just let it pass and let lender know… NEXT :blush:

3 Likes

And then there’s always that one every once in a while you get who says " I TOLD them I wasn’t going to be able to do it then!!" - why? Because they’re not even in the state!

Why anyone would go to the signing blind without written guarantee of payment is beyond me

1 Like

First person to have interest in us meeting for the signing, is the borrower.

I work with companies that tell me to show up and they pay my full fee if the signer is a no-show. I obviously try everything in my power to reach the signer and I get the hiring company involved ASAP when there is no confirmation.
If you don’t feel like you will get that type of support, cancel the order with the company that hired you and move on.

If you are hustling to fill your schedule then you can fill that spot very quickly.

2 Likes

NO! If the SS or loan officer asks me to go without a confirmation I let them know that I expect FULL pay if there is any hiccups!

ONLY when asked to proceed to signing. If I don’t receive a response, I email the hiring company. And usually what happens is, they reach out to their client who is usually able to provide an alternate contact. Otherwise, I only go if asked to still go.

I still go, and if the borrower is not there, I have not had any trouble collecting the full fee from the SS/Title company.

I always email the hiring party to confirm if they would like for me to proceed to closing.

See this is what do. I do not call the borrowers unless I have the docs and I do not call until the day of or night before. No need to tell somebody about something later on in the week unless I got the documents. I do not confirm until day of because you never know what can happen and 9 times out of 10 the borrowers are confused/misinformed because we the only person they see in person or at all. If I can not get ahold of the borrower I always go anyways because they usually are there and just didnt pick up or the company gave me the wrong number. It is always good to go most companies have a trip and print fee which is $50.