Dual commission

Been a long time since posting. Its been a really long wild ride. My home is on the sate line of virginia and tennesses so im pursuing dual commission for tennessee and virginia.

The issue that is the most bothersome is getting both commissions uploaded on the NNA website
Ive completed all the requirenents but now that ive another commission NNA tech support cannnot exactly figure out how it should be handled. I spoke with 4 different people last week and got a different answer from each one. One said he was the supervisor

The solutions according to them were all different with the only common item being NNA membership. There was no solution for. Sharing my training transcripts or my NSA certification.

NNA just simply could not give a good abswer. The good news in that snapdocs and signature closers have it figured out and its simple process. The serious issue is that NNA information is used by a lot of agencies to get notaries so im not sure how this will play out.

Hopefully someone who has had a similar experience can share the solution if there is one

Their ‘list’ is randomized and favors newer notaries. Believe it is just the desperation directory for most hiring parties. I agree…they could do much better. But, catering to their membership is not their priority.

1 Like

You are right. I think come membership time that i.might be able to do better somewhere else. Notary stars seems to be more user friendly than NNA

I the state of Florida the governor’s office issues certificate of authorities, and the governors signature is on it. You might have the same in your state. Call or go to your state’s governors website, do a search for notary certifications and it should direct you to the right department.

Getting the commisdion is not the issue. Getting the second commission uploaded to NAA is the problem
Like i sad previously 4 people 4 different answers and no solution yet

Will they let you have two accounts?
It sounds like they are the ones that need to update their system.

This guy has a commission in Michigan and Ohio
He might know what to do:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/elricohurley/

Yes i can have 2 accounts. The problem is you cant share the information from one account yo another. Example membership status and trainiing credentials. One of the folks at NNA actually told me id have to ourchase the NSA course all over again and complete the certification for a second time for it to show on the second account. The same was true she said about the background check.

1 Like

NNA required me to set up/purchase two profiles- one for each state. I did, I earn enough to write the fees off. I HATE having to go through 2 background checks, and 2 certification tests, and unfortunately the duplicate emails for everything-ontop of having to set up a second email address to accomodate the second NNA ID (I have a business account so I have it all routed to drop into my one account, and all business is handled out of the one when I work with any signing service/ title/attorney). But it’s becoming necessary as so far, several of my normal companies have requested my state specific certification so I’m glad I went ahead and did it, prior to last year, no one had questioned my NNA state specifically, just that I was certified.

1 Like

My notary application in tennessee has been approved and tight now im waiting gor the circut court clery to administer the oath of office.

I do not think it is entirelynright for NNA to require notaries with dual state commissions to pay twice for membership training and certification
The unfortunatevthing is they ard the only game in town
I dont understand why they cannot modernize the system instead of trying to enrich the association by double charging its membership. But i dont see any change coming anytime soon. There is no motivation for them to change. Just keep on getting the cash by screwing the members

You do NOT have to be a member to get the BGC, Certification or a listing in their SA directory… So, you can save a bit of money there. I do agree with you…it’s just greed and that won’t change anytime soon.

@Arichter is correct that you don’t have to be a member to receive certification status or get a BGC. But I do believe you have to be a member to be listed with all your credentials on SigningAgent.com (or is it that you have to launch and take the test annually to be listed). I’m wondering if SigningAGent.com is going to morph into FindaNotary.com as a secondary profit machine for those who choose to not become an NNA member.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.