FED Raised rates today, 6 more to come

Pretty close… even with the “HEY”!..lol

As wonderful as California was, and in many ways, still is, I’d be outta here is a New York minute (talk about mixing your metaphors!) if it weren’t for my family all being within a 15 minute radius of where I live. Let me tell you what I mean.

Pick a subject: taxes, governmental leadership, wacky COVID restrictions, border problems, lack of wildfire prevention controls, lack of draught management controls, corruption, no-bail district attorneys who let murderers run loose, smash & grab criminals, taxes, homelessness, outrageous gasoline prices, taxes, clogged freeways and taxes. It all adds up to paradise lost.

I know, I know, I could list all the wonderful attributes just as easily. But, compared to what this state once was (I moved here in 1961 from Noo Yawk), it ain’t the same place. What I pay in taxes could pay for a nice home in less than 10 years someplace else.

OK, enough bashing my home state. Let’s just leave it that the current regime and it’s predecessors took the golden fleece and shook out all the cool stuff that made Cali great and turned the Golden State into the Tarnished State, Sigh. . .

I knew I picked up that Noo Yawk sense of humor and attitude… lol

I doan tawk like dat no moah.

2 Likes

I am originally from Long Island, NY, so I think I have rights to bash CA…LOL! But in hind sight, I saw the writing on the wall a long time ago. Me moving to CA from NY would have been like turning crap into diarrhea, but that’s me at the ripe old age of 47. NY was always #2 behind CA on all the crap you mentioned.

@Bobby-CA and @vvs.notary.services … I am rolling… yall kill me

I’m originally from Farmingdale, Long Island. I can tell you that in the 60s and 70s, California was absolutely terrific. Even into the 80s and early 90s.

Wow…two Long Islanders - I’m from “across the pond” - in CT! :smiley:

1 Like

I will have to take your word for it… as that is way… way… way… before my time… :joy:

Patchogue/Blue Point…South Shore!

Patchogue/Blue Point…South Shore!

I was born in Copaigue but I don’t remember that day very well. :grin:

1 Like

Born in Bayshore, according to my birth certificate. lol

Milford, Between Bridgeport & New Haven on the shoreline - born & raised in Bridgeport/Stratford, married & raised family in Milford…moved here to FL in 2006.

What a way to change the subject, eh?? :smiley:

I think if I had to move it would be to Naples, FL. I spent a couple of weekends there are really liked it. But, could I be a successful notary there (?), that is the question.

Captains Cove (Seaport)… I used to cross the sound on the ferry on the weekends to “set free”…lol

1 Like

That area is pretty dense with notaries I believe. We’re way up north, an hour from the GA line and there’s still a good number of notaries even around me…even though we’re more rural (dairy farms, beef raising and horse farms). Even if the jobs did come in, the fees offered are too low because, supposedly, the income level here is lower…HAH!!

Between the competition and hurricanes (flood insurance) I wouldn’t recommend it (unless you got it like that)!

We used to take our boat over to Port Jeff quite often.

Does Naples get whacked by hurricanes? Always seems to me that gulf coast side cities fare much better than southern tip and eastern seaboard side. Tampa floods but winds seem less. Of course, what the heck do I know.
What say you, Miss Linda?