FED Raised rates today, 6 more to come

Hunker down and get comfortable with the slow ride?

3 Likes

Wow…that’s an increase from what I heard last week - I had heard 4 increases were scheduled for this year…hrrmm

And to boot, apparently inflation is here to stay as well for a while! :roll_eyes:

Welp we knew it was coming! Enjoy the down time folks!

1 Like

Why do you think there’s going to be a lot of downtime?

I’m not seeing many signings this week. I could be wrong but I feel like refinancing packages have declined.

I spoke to one local title lady and she said they are feeling it too! Slow!!!

I actually gave back two today. Booked until end of March.:pray:

1 Like

But how are all the newbies taking the $75 refinances supposed to survive?

You do ask some ‘curious’ questions. Do you think there won’t **be downtime for those notaries doing refi signings??? As rates rise, homeowners will shy away from refinancing at a higher rate then they could have gotten 3-6 months ago. The refi’s I’m doing these days are in the 4+% range and it will go higher in the months ahead, drying up the market. Inflation is eating folks up from the other end of the candle and we’re probably headed for a recession. Not an ideal time for signing agents, wouldn’t you say?
Keep us posted if you remain busy with refi’s, dude. Since you don’t think GNW is a way to go, I wonder how you’ll be spending your time. I do wish you well.

4 Likes

But it is a waste of time, there’s a handful of times its worth it but it’s rare.

Are you saying GNW is a waste of time??? Really??? Well, my friend, I’m more than glad you think so.

2 Likes

Umm first of all your freaking awesome!

I literally just picked one up for tomorrow. I haven’t accepted any of the low ball offers I’ve seen this week.

1 Like

I’m sure the Refis will pick up before summer comes.

I like your style @Bobby-CA ! :clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5:

1 Like

Attagirl!:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

By the time summer arrives, we’re gonna be seeing the first wave of loan mods, forbearance and the dreaded short sales (lots of 'em, I’m afraid). Given this Administration’s weak approach to curbing inflation and the Fed’s determination to raise rates 4-6 times in the next 18 months, we’re not going to see much in the way of refi’s. You’re whistling in the graveyard, man.

4 Likes

I did two bank short sales yesterday! $300 for both. :grimacing::scream::thinking: yikes!

1 Like

I’d be happy to get those orders filled for your clients through my SS, lol. :rofl:

Stop!!, you’re making me blush! No, you are! :heart_eyes:

They won’t unless they start to realize their worth.