FedEx supplies

It was brought to my attention this morning from Fedex, that we as notaries cannot order supplies without a credit card number and prepaid cards will not work because a prepaid card does not have an expiration date. As I went around and around with 2 rep’s, I was finally able to speak with an understanding rep named Lisa who advised this is their new policy. Lisa went up and beyond and helped me with my supply order.

2 Likes

FedEx supplies are no longer free?

FedEx supplies are still free, however, to ORDER supplies you must have a credit/debit card with an expiration date. I am not comfortable with this as this makes no sense at all. All of the FedEx boxes in my area do not put supplies in the drop boxes anymore. I have gone to 2 “manned” offices and am told “FedEx makes us state our quota of supplies for the quarter, and if we run out of supplies before the quarter is up, we have to pay them”.

1 Like

I have a FedEx account and I just ordered free supplies after seeing this post. Supplies are free for me.

2 Likes

I have tons of FedEx and UPS supplies that I ordered last year.

1 Like

Same as ronald.allen and TX_Roxie. With a Fedex account, I order online, supplies are free and delivered free of charge directly to me. Setting up an account may require a credit/debit card, however that card is never charged for the supplies.

jme

1 Like

Yes, and the same with UPS.

My apostille Service has been jet-setting documents across the globe for ages. I’m all about those letter-size envelopes, ordered in bulk like a pro. Quick tip: don’t be sneaky and leave borrower copies in a FedEx envelope, they’re onto you. FedEx is tightening the reins on those freebies, watch out!

Do you have to enter an account number?

Setup your online acct and everything is there.

set up an online account, order the envelopes and poly envelops and the plastic mailing labels
I put my docs in an envelope and put the envelope in the poly envelope and use the Fedex supplied label stick on for the label. they come in large quantities but I don’t mind. but with my free account ( I made it personal not business) so they don’t try to charge me like a business. I hope you get it figured out
-Tip- I have a basket In my car I got at dollar tree for $5 I fill with the envelopes , poly envelopes, the label covers, and my ups envelopes , and a roll of packing tape just in case as ups does have poly envelopes . ( note fed ex has priority tape ) , that way I have plenty of shipping materials .
----I also use the poly/plastic labels to put voided checks in the pre-sealed package as well. I take a neon piece of paper ( currently neon pink) stick the label to it and slip the voided check inside so when it arrives they “can’t” miss it
I hope you get it figured out and get some supplies

Great idea for the loss checks. Thanks

That’s why I couldn’t order supplies online. I take envelopes from their main hub location. They don’t seem to mind me taking their stash for some reason.