Field Inspector training

Hello everyone, I’m thinking of adding field inspector to my list of skills. Does anyone know where do I get the training for that?

3 Likes

Here is a free resource

3 Likes

www.SOFI.us. Learn to do commercial insurance inspections don’t drink the Koolaid and waste your time with mortgage inspections (they do not pay). Most companies will have you take their online training for FREE. All my training so far has been in-house at companies that have hired me.

5 Likes

I beg to differ i have gotten paid very well per inspections and yesterday i did two inspections a 15 min drive from each other for full fee. Now i previously posted the amount I made but decided to edit it because the money you make depends on the area…how desperate they are to get the order filled and the turnaround lead time and your negotiation skills.

4 Likes

To be clear I was referring to mortgage inspections (door knock) that do not pay well. My commercial property inspections and insurance inspections have paid as much as $300. Different markets, different rates.

2 Likes

Never done door knocking only drive my and property loss reports, construction draws…etc

1 Like

Ok now Im confused :confused:

What specifically are you confused about?

This is a cut and paste description from SOFI

The large majority of field service inspectors learn on-the-job . All inspection forms are provided to you by the tasking firm - so there is nothing you have to create. Most firms provide a training package with guidance, practices and procedures for completing inspection tasks. A connection to the Internet and a smartphone or digital camera are about all you need to perform the majority of field service inspections. The large majority of field service inspections need no Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance.

MFS is a free certified course that gives you a glimpse on the best practices and what to expect in general. Last year I have completed over 300+ inspections and some months made more money doing that than I did signings. It has helped me stay afloat during the slow months.

7 Likes

So SoFi would be the better option than the other on?

Once you complete the free course you can register with SOFI… it just gives you that added bit of credibility. Last week I got a nice offer from a company that found my info on SOFI.

3 Likes

Got it! I’ll get that done asap

Thank you so much! You’re awesome!

Do you set the pay rate? Or does the company you are doing inspections for set it? If you do, what is a decent fee schedule?

Only speaking for the ones I work with they will send out an offer with the due date, type of inspection and fee. What I do is calculate the distance to and from and what I am willing to charge for my drive time. ( don’t want to say…cause everyone has their own ideas on what they are willing to travel for) if it is a drive by inspection I give them again my fee for 10 min worth of work. If it’s other types of inspection I block 1/2 to 1 hour and request my min hourly rate.

All in all I tell them I’m willing to accept if they meet my rate. 7 out of ten times I get it.

Not all companies will negotiate and after awhile you will learn their pain threshold after a few times of negotiations.

2 Likes

I wrote to you by accident out of the forum. But thank you so much for your guidance. I just signed up on. SOFI.com.:blush:

Hi
Did you have to pay SOFI?

No you don’t have to pay. I believe it’s a free.

1 Like

It is,.to sign up. Do you have names of inspection companies? I thought I saw a thread with a bunch of them, but I can’t find it?

Hi
I signed up with Sofi, however, most of the companies on their non-subscriber page require experience. I’ve been able to get basic photoinspection from Photoinspection.com. They are very professional for the most part, pays through Bill.com and tells you when you’ll be paid the moment you complete the assignment. I’m thinking SOFI started out totally free but that’s not the case now.
Thanks for responding.

1 Like