Finest Mobile Notary

Hi there. Contacted via phone by Finest Mobile Notary to notarize a POA. Has anyone worked with them. I can’t seem to find anything about them, positive or negative.

2 Likes

@riversidenotaryservices Great question!

Like you, Research results were non-productive.

1. Nothing via the normal industry standard reporting web sites for businesses . . . (red flag).
  2. No data on any web site identifying the business start date or owner/partner names. (red flag).
  3. No corporate/business structure data results. (red flag).
  4. No state registration data.

Business name & their web site have all the indications of a brand new organization/Signing Service [SS] within this business sector.

======

During the current downturned market for this business sector, it’s QUITE RISKY to essentially extend credit to a new SS with no direct history working with them or for that matter apparently with anyone else in our industry . . .

Of course, the decision is yours to make. If you determine that it’s worth the risk of providing your professional services with the hope of recompense for those services, please let us know of your decision as well as the turnaround time for payment.

Thanks in advance for sharing. :gift:

======

My Assessment: It would definitively be a Hard Pass due to the level of assessed Risk of an unknown business entity with absolutely NO data available on any vetting sites across all Research venues.

:swan:

2 Likes

They did pay me within an hour. But they charged the signer $150 :astonished: which he gladly paid. That is NOT what I got paid. How do we report an agency like that? That is usury it would seem?

Definition of “Usury”

“the illegal action or practice of lending money at unreasonably high rates of interest:”

So…no

2 Likes

I’m a little concerned because I also just took an assignment for a POA. The form they sent me is illegible also. Makes me nervous. They also asked for a notary stamp where it doesn’t belong and I said no.

Anyone have an address or phone number for them? The only thing that pops up in a google search is in Florida and I’m not sure that’s them. Don’t want to comment until I’m sure.

It seems $150.00 for a single notarial act may violate many states fee caps. mmmmmm as I rub my chin with my forefinger and thumb.

All they provided is this number: 833-683-3463 and email: mobile@FinestNotaryServices.com
I only have a first name, Carmela. I did get paid via Venmo but have no idea what the client was charged. It was a POA.

Well if signing services have to abide by the same law we do, then none of them would be in business.

1 Like

And yes, they’re in FL.

Hrrmm…found this

Yes I saw that one after I took the job today. I did it and it was fine, but the website is the worst. The map shows they’re in London! Most of the links on the site don’t work; there’s no personal information about the owner, not a single name, doesn’t say what location they’re in, or anything. Can’t imagine how they stay in business if you don’t know who you’re dealing with. Also somewhat unprofessional on the phone. Just my opinion though.

I notarized a POA for them yesterday. Client was in the hospital. IDK how much they charged the client but I stated my typical fee for a hospital notarization. They paid immediately.

You really don’t. It’s like using any signing service. They pay us X but the title company is paying the signing service X times 2.

I just received a call from Finest Mobile Notary as well for tomorrow. It is one document as well. I cannot find anything on the web either for them, but I saved their email as proof that I received the order? I read the comments below and was glad to hear that they at least paid! Thanks, everyone.

I did a job for them last Saturday 1/20/24, it was a one page notarization and they paid me on Tuesday 1/23/24. No issues with them.

2 Likes

Yes, they paid me within the same day as well from doing the job. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Odd to stumble across this post. I got a call from them this past week and couldn’t find anything in the various forums either. They asked about my fee to do a POA and to also include the cost of two add’l witnesses. I explained my price and after some back and forth, they agreed to it. I was not in the mood to negotiate whatsoever so my full fee was on my job sheet. I too was worried I would actually get paid but went ahead anyway.

Met with the clients, I submitted their confirmation sheet form, and I rec’d my payment THE NEXT DAY.

Crazy awesome. I hope they call me again. Like every day for the next year.

1 Like

I just got an assignment out of the blue from Finest Mobile Notary. GNW and they agreed to my fee. Said they found me on this site, as I recall. Whatever. I’ll check back in after I do some investigating and see if I get paid.

1 Like

Hello,

Did they ever pay? Just curious, I just did some GNW for them yesterday. They told me I would be paid within 24 hrs.

1 Like