Gibbs & Mason LPG

Do not do busy with this California Law firm they do not pay their notaries.

@vroomnotary Sorry to read about the non-payment difficulties with this business entity.

I was wondering if you had researched the GOLDMINE database within the Notary Cafe Search Function . . .

The information is available on Notary Cafe is very insightful & helpful, too!

It’s always wise to research & vet a new client prior to providing a definitive confirmation to them for your initial Signing Order for them. A great start of research would begin within the Notary Cafe forums Search Function.

Most members find it difficult/nearly impossible to locate the Search Function in order to access the wealth of info available within the database.

To be helpful, I’ve inserted an image for you & others [see below] to help members locate it to unlock the wisdom & knowledge of other members on the forums.

Accessing the database to locate info about potential clients has saved many of us an inordinate amount of time ‘chasing’ payments for Services professionally provided to potential non-payers . . .

======

I’ve performed a cursory Search on your behalf. You should find the following direct url links to a post & threads within Notary Cafe insightful:

:swan:

1 Like

Google is your friend. You can report a law firm to its local Bar Association. This usually results in prompt payment as they don’t like looking bad to their peers. Give 'em 10 days to pay–or else!

4 Likes

I had an assignment with the law firm that forced Notary Cafe to take down their posts, the name starts with XP. They asked me to take some documents to a person so they could represent her. After printing, showing and getting no signature, I billed them for the print and trip fee and subtracted what would have been earned for the notarization. It has been two months. I have emailed, called and emailed and called. I am told this will be passed to accounting. No payment. This firm Gibbs and Mason, I thought I might be safe with them. I completed the assignment (my second time signing with this client) scanned and waited and waited for the mailing label. Once it came, ten days later, I was told once receipt of the envelop occurs I would be Zelled the agreed upon fee. It took another week after receipt but after two more phone calls, I got paid, not on the day they promised, but the next. The amount of effort it takes to get payment and with a 33% non-payment rate, I am not taking another such lawyer representation assignment.

1 Like

Yes! The Texas Bar Association doesn’t smile on Texas Lawyers who don’t pay the little guys.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.