Gibbs & Mason LPC

Has anyone ever heard of a law firm that helps with foreclosures?Gibbs & Mason out of California?

2 Likes

I did a Power of Attorney signing for them in August. Just received my payment (10/28). Numerous calls and invoices. I started sending invoices every 2 days. Per instructions, I had to upload the signed docs. They said that I would receive a UPS label via email. Never received. Never responded to my questions about the label. I wouldn’t deal with them again.

2 Likes

They act like they are a huge firm but emails are signed “Team” - no names. The check was handwritten on a small format check. Can’t conceive of a large firm not having computer generated checks or use some of the electronic check services.

1 Like

Stay away from Law firms. Who are you going to sue to get paid…the lawyers.

2 Likes

You can always threaten to turn a lawyer in to the local bar assoc. That usually motivates them to pay you quickly. Most bar assoc. & member names are online.

4 Likes

agreed. I do not work with lawyers

1 Like

Exactly the same thing happened to me yesterday, I did my job, emailed the executed documents and now no one answers my phone calls or my emails. And I never received the UPS label

I completed a signing for them 12/21/2023 and had a wonderful experience. They were great to work with, easy to get a hold of when the signer had a question during our appointment, and paid well for services. I would happily work for them again.

Yes, I do business with them all the time. They are legit

I’ve had good results working with a few large personal injury law firms. The key is to only deal with the big kids.

I was contacted by Gibson & Mason in January and I wish that I was aware of this post prior to working with them. I haven’t received a response back from them since the day I was instructed to scan back the docs. I haven’t been sent a UPS label as advised. I’ve sent my invoice more than once, left voicemails, and sent emails to let them know that I was still in possession of docs.

I’ve read other comments to say they were paid and some were not. I hope that I receive funds soon. My job was completed on time and I’d rather not have someone’s documents. I’ve contacted my SOS and they instructed me to keep the docs in a locked cabinet until the UPS label is sent to me.

I was contacted by Chris from Gibbs & Mason, LPG on January 24, 2024. I received an email with instructions. After the signing, I scanned the documents and never heard from them again. They do not answer the phone at all, my emails are being ignored. Their office is in Glendale, CA. Please beware of Gibbs & Mason, LPG.

2 Likes

UPDATE: I was paid on 2/23 from a 1/30 appointment! I scanned the documents back to “Team” and was told by Jennifer that I’d be sent the shipping label and payment on 1/31. For future, reference, it is good to know that they pay, but are approximately net 30+ based on the other posts. Knowing this, I will work with them again, but open communication would have been nice since I left several voice mails and sent emails.

1 Like

Stay away from Law firms

I disagree…nothing wrong with working for good law firms…of course, I’m a bit biased being I was a paralegal/legal assistant for over 30 years. There are very reputable law firms out there. It’s like signing services - there’s good and bad in all groups.

Agree…most are good. And even if they aren’t, threatening to report them to their LOCAL bar ass’n (always can find that and the members names online) always results in payment. At least, so far. Most also OFFER very good pay, but, if they don’t–that’s a red flag from the get-go.

1 Like

I’m currently going through the exact same thing. After the scanback they will not return my call. No return label or anything. I called from another number and they answered. They said that they would send payment as well as the return label, but still nothing. I went above and beyond for their client. Im extremely disappointed.