Global Agents, LLC?

Hi, I’m Kelley, a new notary. I’ve just done a signing for them today. Has anyone done signings with them before?

I won’t work with them again. I’ve called before and after the signing and no one has answered the phone or answered when there was a question at the signing table. Very frustrating! They never notified the signers that they were to provide two witnesses, but I caught it in the paperwork when prepping, and called them to verify they would be there. So it worked out.

Just because u see “witnesses” on the paperwork but the contracting company didn’t in form YOU, not Ur problem

1 Like

This is incorrect.

If the document requires witnesses, and you are not informed, you should still contact the signer and confirm if they have or don’t have the appropriate witnesses. You are supposed to know when the signing you took requires an actual witness. If the signer does not have witness then you are in your right to contact the company and either reschedule or (if possible) collect a witness fee and bring your own witness.

Ignoring a witness signature is the same as ignoring a borrower signature. The document is incomplete and the job is incomplete.

You can’t claim well “you didn’t tell me” because any experienced title agent, etc will answer “well you should have asked or you should have known.”

4 Likes

For clarification, I did contact the signers/borrowers and confirmed if they had witnesses and if the signing agency notified them that they must provide them. They were not notified, but in the end, they did provide them at the signing. It was stated in the documents that they needed witnesses, so I did contact them. The issue was that the signing agency did not notify them about this beforehand. All is well. I got paid from them. Other than that, the signing went well overall.

Thanks for your comment.

3 Likes

hi Webbks8507 , I just did a signing for them last week … have you gotten paid for your signing with global ??

HI Elizabeth,

Yes, I got paid by them with no problems! I believe they paid via Echeck.

awesome thank you , I got another 2 signings from them and it just felt weird I didn’t see much info on them when I tried to google them.

2 Likes

Did you send Global Agents, LLC an invoice after completion of service?

They are a subsidiary of RESE TITLE out of Baltimore

Do we have a phone number for global?

Yes. Number for Global Agents, LLC is 410-484-7255 and After Hours: 626-505-8077.

1 Like

I’d have to disagree with the person who says you should not ignore witnesses lines. In my state, for loan appointments I ignore witness line and do leave it blank. The borrowers sign and I notarize the borrowers. I haven’t had this come back and witnesses are not needed in my state. I had a couple strange appointments where the borrower did have to get witnesses, they were at the appointment. Generally in a non-witness state the witness line can be blank. Sure if there are people around the home available to witness, I request for them to sign because it looks better to me but not always possible and only required in a witness state. This is for loans, on wills in my general notary I’m confirming that witnesses are available every time and usually the signers are aware of this as they self prepared their own will and POAs.

My state also bans notaries from being witnesses in the transaction (WA state).

2 Likes