Haven't Received Any Work Yet. Why?

1 Like

Snapdocs.com - A platform that many signing services use.
signingorder.com - A platform that many signing services use.

Research the forum here and you will find other platforms to sign up with, and you don’t have to pay anything to sign up.

Also, C2C - Lisa Bittner does give new signing agents an opportunity to work with them. Also read what notarybe had to say. That is absolutely good advise for someone who is new to all of this. Don’t give up, and keep pushing forward.

5 Likes

Hi! I feel her pain I am exactly in the same situation, tried signing up for signing services, emailing Title Co. but still no luck…

Anyone knows a local signing services in Houston Texas?

I’ve tried to accept the lowball offers saying I’m available and they ignore me, up the pay and I say I’m available again and then they tell me it’s been assigned. I can’t even seem to get the lowballs :disappointed:

1 Like

Thank you for all this great information.

I am a Newbie just starting to send off applications to become a vendor for a few signing companies, hopefully. In doing so I am wondering if I have the security I need.
I have a Epson scanner that comes with its own security. Scan’s can directly convert to PDF with Acrobat Reader DC. This platform lets me save the PDF but does not save to my hard drive, easy to delete after Job is complete.

Is sending a PDF acceptable form of scan back? Via email
Do I need to set up encryption email? If so which would you recommend?
Encryption would either be another cost or rather complicated to set up.
I have office 365 which gives me outlook, but seems the other party would need the same to read. Is this necessary form me at this point.

I do not have Ron and or electronic certificate yet and would rather gain some experience first.

I have tried to get on snapdocs but they want experience first .

Was planning to send in an App to Signatureclosers.com and First American both have Vendor applications and want a W9 from me, which lead me to the security question.
I’ve been getting good ideas from reading this forum on how to do some non NSA work and I’ll probably start doing that process next.

My Back ground: Just got all set up around May, NNA member, NSA, commission, Bond,
E&O insurance, computer good security system, scanner that can do legal and letter scans, Brother dual tray printer, I phone, I pad. Started working on this back in October 2020. Retired From my Hospital Job just this month, separate decision from starting this venture. It was time . To young not to keep busy so I set out on this adventure and think I’m making good progress. I am not a sprinter but want to keep moving forward.
I’m running thru the training video’s one more time, I like to be as prepared as I can be.
But at some point I’m going to need to take that first step. Trying to be as prepared as possible so when I do get that first Job I will be ready, very close few more days.

Glad I found this forum.

Thank You for reading and I apricate any suggestions

2 Likes

I’ve signed up with several signing companies. Snap docs, N3 notary, notary dash keep me pretty busy. I’m finally getting appointments through signature closers and they are all great at sending work. I got my commission in March and was certified and ready to go in April. These guys keep me busy. Maybe give them a try.

2 Likes

Hi! Ive checked the N3 notary if I nam not mistaken there is fee correct?

1 Like

I didn’t pay to work for them. They $20 for I-9 forms that take 10-15 min per appointment. But, I was told today that I can negotiate my fee with them. They keep sending me orders that are too far for that fee and they told me that I can negotiate and have the client meet me closer as well if I want those signings as well. They send several orders daily to me.

I hear you! I did the same thing, and have the exact same results as you! And I must say, the other comments that are saying “slow and steady”, or “it will come to you eventually” and “do more and they’ll get used to you” or “it’s because you’re new” are not completely accurate. At tha trate, we’ll never get any experience. However, my close friend and her sister are who encouraged me to get into this field since I am already a RE Broker. They were so excited because they were working excessively straight out of the gate, starting in Nov of last year. Working 20+ signings weekly, and turning away many more because they both have full-time jobs. They did the exact same things you did, and maybe a little less. No direct signings either.

There’s definitely something going on… Even my licensing process was vastly longer and different and 3x longer than theirs, and it was just 2 mos later…same state. The signing companies they are hot with changed their policies that quickly, not taking any more agents, are too oversaturated, and until recently, they never had the “instantly gone” issues when clicking on the texts/notifications.

Maybe the market just has too many of us…?

1 Like

Hey girl… I feel you… I’ve been experiencing the same-thing. So, what I did recently was sat down and made a list of all title companies and mortgage companies in the State of Michigan. I made a postcard flyer and mailed them out to each company. I have not received any hits yet, however, I have spoken with a few people and now on their list. Maybe you can try the same technique. Also, I did get one offer through Notary Cafe, but the company picked someone else, I guess because I don’t have anything in my pipeline… Either way, God Bless you, keep your head-up… we both can do this… I have faith in YOU! Have a great day!

3 Likes

Have you taken Notary2Pro training? After you finish you are given a list of companies willing to give their graduates a chance. There are other training programs available as well and being well trained will compensate for lack of experience in some cases. Business has slowed considerably and companies will always hire experienced people over novices. You will no doubt be working for very low fees starting out in this climate.
Also if you aren’t working you need to be marketing: i.e. signing up with at least 100 signing services and title companies. Register everywhere you can and eventually someone will hire you.

2 Likes

Very good advice patience is the key.

I’m not on Google so can’t speak to it. I got my notary commission in July but did not receive any offers until I complete my Loan Signing Course with Mark Wills and was able to list that along with my NNA certification, 100K E&O, then got Fidelity approve from a vendor who needed me to do a signing in my area. This was in September at which time I started getting signings. So wondering if taking a course on Loan Signing might help as the NNA doesn’t train on how to fill out documents. There’re at least 3 people offering courses - should come up in a search so you can compare and decide which is best for you. Good luck.

While you waited for a signing, continue to sign up for platforms.
My issue is I cant catch the signing when notified on my phone.

1 Like

I have already taken Mark’s course. In my opinion LSS course is overrated and not worth the additional money spent for it.

3 Likes

Hi

I feel the same way. I have all my credentials from Bronx New York.
I want to know how to sign up 123 Notary. What is Notary Resume?

Its WEIRD not to get a SINGLE ONE! That’s more than a little strange. Are you saying you respond byt it’s already assigned? That just doesn’t seem possible to not get any texts/notifications-at all.

I have not received a single opportunity. I would love to respond to something but that opportunity has not been granted yet. Yesterday I reached out to several smaller signing agency and local title offices and most responses I got was “escrow officers tend to use national signing platforms.”

Ok, I have to ask the dumb question because I’m always looking for ways to get work. What is GNW?

GNW = General Notary Work