Highest Fee paid for a signing from a SS?

I am in Flagler County. I get that pay from SS too

Thatā€™s amazing, and almost unheard of, especially for new people and especially from an SS.

1 Like

I donā€™t get it on every signing but I do get it. I did think I was very fortunate after reading posts on the forum.

1 Like

Yea Linda. Iā€™m looking up Flagler county. Where is it ? LOL

Poooo Itā€™s 3 hr. 39 min. from me by speedboat.

LOL John - itā€™s NE/NEC Florida,

And to @myflaglernotary this is what you said ā€œIā€™m a newbie - 3 months doing this- I get $150 all the time. Usually the signings are in my town, a couple of miles away. Refiā€™s with no scans and 2 signers.ā€

So, now you say you donā€™t? The way the market has gone in the last few years, that type of signing you outlined would be an $85-$100 job, if youā€™re lucky. At least those are the offers Iā€™m seeing posted about here - and other forums.

I get $150 all the time but not every signing. Today I have a $150 and a $100. Tomorrow I have a $150 and Friday I have $100 so it varies. So far thatā€™s all I have scheduled for this week but things come in last minute all the time. Hope that helps

2 Likes

Signing Services do not pay for various services like mileage and scan backs out of their pocket, that comes out of your notary fee that you have agreed to share with them. The highest fee? That would be 100% of the notary fee listed on the closing disclosure.

2 Likes

300 for a sellers 35mi awayā€¦ i hate sellers packages myself but i did it anyway

$200

My average is closer to $150 - $175

As has been said, the better rates come from the title companies.

$300 it was a refi from a real estate law firm from Snap Doc in Georgia.

2 Likes

are you an attorney?

Thatā€™s so true! When they are promoting 6 figure income, it drives people into the dreamland so quickly that many people just want to get into that 6 figure income regardless if notary is the right job or not :joy:. I notice that SA got paid pretty good $$, but they kept more than half or even 2/3 and only pay small portion for notary who actually spent money on printing a couple of hundred pages of docs, gas money for driving to the signing location, and some other expenses too :joy::joy:.

3 Likes

no it was last minute the 1st notary no show no call.

I have been paid $250 two timesā€¦ extenuating circumstances for both. The first one was 70 miles round trip and the signing was done at 11 PM. The second one was done in hospice careā€¦so uncomfortableā€¦ signer was cognizant and quite alertā€¦

2 Likes

Youā€™ll need to have between 300-500 signing under your belt. Donā€™t fake these numbers and it will be very apparent when youā€™re making rookie mistakes. Youā€™ll need a minimum $100K for E&O insurance. Thatā€™s the easy part. Now for the reality check.

Title companies are flooded with notaries looking to go direct. Theyā€™ll put you business in the fish bowl a wait until they loose a Notary before calling you. You may be at the bottom of the bowl, so donā€™t expect a call any time soon. TC notaries are making better money than their mobile contemporaries. The vast majority of Notaries are working for SS and TCs.

There also the trend for TCs to use SS to manage their signings rather than managing several notaries. Being a signing agent is not viewed by the industry as a profession, but rather a comodity.

1 Like

Closings in Attorney States limits the number of available closing agents. Thus your fees are over what many non-attorneys can ask for.

I was once paid $400 for a late night long distance (240 miles round trip) signing to "the middle of nowhere Texas. I was the TCs last hope to close the loan.

1 Like

It has nothing, thatā€™s nothing, to do with experience. Itā€™s all about price. Newbies believe the lie that they need more experience so that they will get higher priced signings. Not true. There is always another newbie who will work for next to nothing. Itā€™s not about experience. Thatā€™s their ā€œcome onā€.

Is Connecticut an attorney-only state?

Yes it is fir all real estate closing as of September 2019