Highest Fee paid for a signing from a SS?

Signing agents should get paid 300 per signing. If we were banded together properly, we could probably enact laws to that effect.

4 Likes

400.00 a few times usually desperate ss on the last day of the the month and late hour. Thatā€™s the only time you can name your price. Will not take it if is more thatā€™s 20min away.

1 Like

Good for you. What type of loan was it?

That I donā€™t remember. Last year in the middle of the pandemic was really busy for me.

What part of Texas are you in, if you donā€™t mind me asking?

I just completed my highest signing to date. It was a refinance package with 122-pages, direct from a law office. I picked up the documents on my way home from another signing so no printing was required on my part. It was 24-miles round trip and there were no scan backs required, so no pre-or post-work required. It paid $275. I have heard back from the hiring escrow officer that she was very impressed with the docs and that the previous mobile notary they used was making too many mistakes so I am now their preferred notary. She also let me know when the deal funds (Friday), Iā€™ll receive a wire payment.

I have already received my next assignment from them, a POA this Saturday.

I dropped off business cards and goodie bags to them around 6-weeks ago when I was in the neighborhood for a different signing from a direct title company. Iā€™ve sent two emails just checking in since originally dropping off the cards/bags.

Edited to add: Two signers. Iā€™m in Florida.

Edit again: Sorry. I see it says SS. My highest SS payment was $175, refinance, one signer, 145-pages + a copy for the borrower, 7-miles roundtrip, scan backs required.

2 Likes

$500 for the distance and late notice of signing. Just needed to be dropped at FedEx next morning. Took part of the money and got a hotel room for the night. That was my sonā€™s idea.

4 Likes

You only need to add signer last name to SD when you list non-SD signings

Thanks for your posts. There are sooo many negative stories, we need a GOOD one.
What they paying for the POA? What part of Florida ?

@JohnM-FL

Itā€™s always encouraging to hear good news!

I am in NE Florida, I live right at the Duval-Clay County border. The law office did not pay for the POA. It was a referral from their office. They prepared the POA and other paperwork and emailed it to me after having the family contact me to make sure I was available to notarize. I wasnā€™t on the days they wanted, but since I was recommended to them, they were willing to wait on me. I completed it this past Sunday and since it was a bedside signing during the midst of COVID and I had to provide a witness, I charged the family $100. There were 4 stamps in total and I provided a complete scanback prior to sending the documents back to the office via USPS on my own dime. The signing took just over an hour and a half since we needed to take frequent breaks as not to exhaust the principal and there were frequent interruptions by nurses and other staff at the hospital. While I was there, I passed out business cards to the nurses on all the floors.

Interestingly, this was the first time I had to use my ā€œFlorida Acknowledgement of a Signature by Markā€ loose certificate. I had to call up the NNA Hotline to make sure I did it right.

Please refer to F.S. 117.05 for proper procedure for this and all notary acts (Iā€™d rely on our law before the hotline, but thatā€™s just me). This particular one is F.S. 117.05(14):

"(14) A notary public must make reasonable accommodations to provide notarial services to persons with disabilities.
(a) A notary public may notarize the signature of a person who is blind after the notary public has read the entire instrument to that person.
(b) A notary public may notarize the signature of a person who signs with a mark if:

1. The document signing is witnessed by two disinterested persons;
  2. The notary public prints the personā€™s first name at the beginning of the designated signature line and the personā€™s last name at the end of the designated signature line; and
  3. The notary public prints the words ā€œhis (or her) markā€ below the personā€™s signature mark."

It goes on to provide the proper certificate to use.

Please donā€™t get me wrong - Iā€™m not criticizing you for reaching out to someone to get the proper info/procedure - but based on previous experience with their handbook and reading reports of their hotline advice, I personally do not trust them. Iā€™d trust the statutes or another competent Florida notary before them.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0100-0199/0117/Sections/0117.05.html

1 Like

@LindaH-FL

Thank you. I did refer to the statues but I still wasnā€™t totally clear in the moment and needed someone to talk it through with me. The person from the NNA hotline actually referred me to the statues and we read it through together.

As soon as I got off the phone, I realized why I was having a hard time with it and felt like a total idiot. Lol. I wasnā€™t thinking of the Acknowledgement by Mark as a loose certificate for some reason and couldnā€™t wrap my head around just crossing out the existing one and attaching.

And, for your information, I already completed the writing of the signersā€™ name and ā€œher markā€ beneath, I just didnā€™t want to stamp the loose certificate because I was stuck (on stupid) on the fact she didnā€™t ā€œsign.ā€

In my defense, it was exceptionally hot and I was bothered. :joy:

1 Like

I get it; when put on the spot itā€™s rough.

I can appreciate what you went through - I remember a visit at our local Veteranā€™s hospital - the only place for me to stand was near the heater which the poor patient had on full blast ; Outdoor signings in my area right now are rough w/ temps of 90-95 and feels like of 105-115.

Iā€™m happy to help you, and anyone else, if I can and Iā€™m available. Please feel free to message me here, email me or call me. If I donā€™t know the answer I know a Florida notary instructor I can refer you to or who can guide you/us in the right direction.

1 Like

Just got an offer for $190. Call was from a California title company, at 5:15 pm, for a 7:00pm signing. Shouldā€™ve asked for a bit more :wink:

1 Like

I take $75 - $90 all day long. I get lots of $125 also.

I appreciate this, but in my estimation $100 was too low. Especially since you had to provide your own witness. $150 would have been my counter!

Love those Calif. PRICES . Oh yea.

1 Like

I negotiate all my fees. Highest $450 for a 15 minutes hybrid closing and 30 minutes drive one way. Received about 15 in $400 due to distance these were between 32-44 miles one way. Lots of $200-300 range. A bunch in $175 title refis. I turned down a $600 closing because I refused to risk my life driving 4 hrs round trip through the mountains in the winter. I told her that I wouldnā€™t even go there for $1,000. :joy:

2 Likes