I fired Signature Closers today and feel GREAT about it!

What state are you in?

I’d add Lakeview/Westgate Title to that low ball, NEVER answer the phone list that SC peddle so hard.

I live in South Dakota.

I’ve been in this similar situation. No docs, no communication or the signing was cancelled just hours before and the signer is communicating the cancellation to me. Lost time and money. I have my go to companies and I only take direct title requests through this signing service so I have more control with the docs and my fees.

2 Likes

I’m just sitting here shocked that you all actually GET assigned anything from Signature! LOL!! I get approx 4-6 offers from them daily and even if I open the email (cause even tho I have their app, it still only comes via email), as soon as it comes to me, I RARELY get the order - it says it’s already been assigned to someone else. I emailed them and asked them if they send out blast emails to all notaries at once or if it’s tiered, and they replied that it is tiered, Well obviously is isn’t tiered if I can’t ever get one when I open it literally within a second or less after receiving it. In the past 5 months, I’ve probably only been able to grab 3 out of all the offers I get.

2 Likes

You’ll have to keep at it. Breaking into a new signing service is not easy.

I LOVE working with Signature Closers! But, any “negotiating” must be done BEFORE assignment. I have successfully negotiated a higher fee, but I have also not heard back when I requested a higher payment. I am a professional, and have been treated that way by Signature Closers in all of my exchanges!

2 Likes

Actually, my motto is, “they need me more than I need them.” Once I understood that, things were put into perspective.

4 Likes

I don’t know about you We closed 2 signing for them 45 days and can’t seem to talk with anyone sent emails no answers just waiting to get paid, as a rule of thumb we don’t close for signing services only
Title Companies because they pay Weekly, 15th and 30th, It don’t make sense to close and it funds 72 hrs later, you get paid 30 to 45 days?

2 Likes

It may not be the SS fault, but they hired you and need to communicate with with you. If I have titles info, I will contact them directly asking for docs. If not and I don’t have them, the SS that hired me will hear about it. Usually crap runs downhill, but in my case, I reverse it.
No docs= no closing= no pay for my time/effort and I’m not being a secretary for free. The signing service needs to stay on top of Title to get the docs.

This is why my preference is working with title directly rather than getting hired by a middle man that is getting paid to find a notary for title.

1 Like

Signature Closers pays direct deposit on the 5th of the month - religiously. If a check, takes a bit longer.

Can you check and see if those two closings went through? Did everything go okay?

Because title pays Signature then Signature pays you
extra time involved. Signature has enough working capital to be able to pay on the 5th of the month so that’s why I say check and make sure the loans YOU closed did, in fact, fund - find the recorded security instrument.

Also don’t forget you had 3 holidays in there - Thanksgiving (4 day weekend) Christmas (4 day weekend) and New Year (4 day weekend) and all EOM - I’m sure things are crazy and this could be the reason for the delay

Thanks for sharing. As a newbie it’s a great learning experience getting both sides of the coin. It sounds like although it may be frustrating, late docs may be common so the LSA has to determine whether or not the signing is feasible.

It has a lot to do with the industry being saturated. There are so many signing notaries that it gives the SS the power because all of these notaries are trying to get signings. This drives the price paid for closings way down. There is more of a demand for jobs as notaries than there are title companies needing notaries.

4 Likes

Title companies are just capitalizing on the demand.

2 Likes

Linda SSC continue to treat notaries as if we are only working for them, late docs cancelled appointments etc
 and they offer very low fees on top of that. I’ve encountered several last minute cancelled or late docs assignments. Not worth the stress and headache cause they can’t get their act together.

4 Likes

They are pretty bad. Maybe they are way over they’re heads with closings.

2 Likes

So sad to read that you gave up :frowning:
I hope you don’t fully consider it, and put yourself available for some good signings, from time to time.

2 Likes

Awh
You’re so sweet❀. I will be on standby as a side notary if I get any calls from title company. I’m now working on becoming a RMLO. Better money, more stability and I don’t have to negotiate a fee. Get huge commissions pay. One day maybe you’ll see me down as getting that huge origination fee on that CD.
Be blessed.

Yes! Don’t fully quit :muscle:
What’s RMLO? Pardon my ignorance please :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Residential Mortgage Loan Originator

4 Likes