I fired Signature Closers today and feel GREAT about it!

Wish you the best, and don’t leave the forums… always something new to learn from :blush:

2 Likes

Yes indeed. I really like the forums and have learned a lot. Thank you

1 Like

Yesss ! love this we really have start setting standards for these signing companies- THEY ARE RUINING OUR BUSINESS- Wish there was some short of union we can all start… :pensive:

4 Likes

That is great to hear! Good luck and many blessings in your new job!

1 Like

Thank you and Many blessing to you as well.

Why would you drive 2 hours to a signing? Are u in a rural state?

hi
where ru located ?
try first american signature services FASS
pays weekly direct deposit
fair fees and negotiable

1 Like

Hi,
I’m located in Dallas, Texas. I’m only going to do general notary work from time to time. Thank you though.

Perhaps I missed something. You said you had to pay to have the docs printed. Do you not have a printer?
I too have had problems getting docs. I am not sure why the industry has to make signings into an emergency! Many of the loans have been in the hands of the mortgage company for 3 months. They seem to be rushing to close before the lock runs out. Maybe they are short personnel, but the last minute thing is more than annoying. I have been known to tell them I will need to cancel if docs aren’t sent within 10 minutes. These tactics not only annoy us, but also are really bad customer service. When I have an appointment for 10am and finally get the docs to close at 5pm, people tend to get annoyed.

1 Like

I agree and also request documents the night before if I have not received them already. If I don’t have them in the time I need them as their order is never the only order I have in a day, I cancel the order and request it to be re-assigned. There is ZERO excuse to not have documents ready and available as by Federal law the documents should have been able to be reviewed by the borrowers in advance. Other than the HUD settlement statement from title, the lender should have supplied the borrowers a preview of their signing. There are lenders out there that have their documents ready and available at the time of order! Never waiting!
Why are you not printing your own documents? Even if you get it a penny cheaper per page with some discount membership you are losing money on time and closings wasted with all that extra running around.

I would have had to pay to print the documents as the signing was between 45 minutes and an hour away from my house. Getting the documents to me with less than 30 minutes till the signing appointment was just not cool.

I lease a FABULOUS Ricoh printer, dual tray, automatic switching, scanning, faxing, etc.

1 Like

They used to be pretty good, and I enjoyed working with them. They got sloppy, and clearly in over their heads. Lots of cancellations, late docs, etc. Can’t do that in my business. Refusal to pay a print fee for a cancelled appointment was the last straw for me.

No time for chumps!

1 Like

My thoughts exactly! That’s why I did what I did.

1 Like

Barbara seems like she’s been at this a long time and doesn’t need silly advice about equipment and rules and regulations.

1 Like

Good for you. You have to stand up for your business and not be pushed around. Thanks for sharing your story. I was going to sign up with them but now reconsidering.

There’s a lot of hype going on out there with everyone starting to offer “courses” and “training”, etc. Going to get even more saturated this year I believe with everyone needing to get back to work after 2020.

I’m sure you made the best decision for yourself and that’s all that matters. Wishing you the best.

1 Like

With Barbara’s tenure aside, and in Chris’ defense (with no offense to Barbara), I know that if I was a borrower who had my PII stolen and exposed because Office Depot had a data breach, I’m not only suing Office Depot, but I’m suing Barbara as well. The risk is not worth a $100 signing for the possible damages that could be caused that your E&O insurance doesn’t even protect you from. My recommendation (which backs up what’s in most NSA trainings) is: “Don’t take ones “PRIVATE” info and PII and upload/download it from any “PUBLIC” computer.” I have a $79 dollar printer and $149 scanner that work just fine on the hotspot from my phone. And if I’m using them, the client is paying for it. (Just my 2 cents)

2 Likes

After reading some of these, I’m wondering if I will be paid for a cancelled signing where I went and borrowers refused to sign. The loan officer did not call back. Signature Closers’ answering machine said I had to call title, which I did. 30 minutes and I never got a call back or an email even after calling, sending email, texting and putting info in signature closures system.

Not going to accept a trip charge for all that.

You might get paid for printing only.
Not long ago I had a similar situation, borrowers refused to sign after 1/2 hr discussion between title company and them. Old Republic paid me 1/2 the cost of the fee… $100

Why in the world are you using a public equipment to print, scan, upload or otherwise. Adjust your schedule or invest in mobile equipment!!!

1 Like