I Need Advice

It’s not a big deal at all! The SS, Lender and Title checks over work which is why c2c, notarygo use unexperienced notaries!

Did you make mistakes?

Go to “Notary Rotary” and sign up with all the Companies with a 3+ Star. There are Hundreds that you can apply for. Just wait, there will be companies who will take Newbies. Definitely go to Notary Rotary as I mentioned above.

1 Like

Right. And when you screw up, it’s you who goes back for free to fix it. Yes, I made mistakes and paid the price and learned from the experience. This isn’t rocket science, but the devil is in the details.

2 Likes

Please don’t get discouraged. Try getting in with companies like Bancserv, express Notary and build a Google business page. That’s how I get a lot of my signings. Through Google searches. Also, try joining some notary Facebook groups. I’m a member of 5 and the help and feedback you can get is beyond valuable. Good luck. Feel free to reach out to me if you have questions.

2 Likes

i feel as though if they need a signature from a doc not requiring notarization then just email and mail

And they do that, too…and you’ll probably never know why you no longer get offers from them.

certain services are desperate they use anyone as long as they profit

Don’t forget to include that fines and prison are penalties for fraud and not following protocol. National Notary Association will provide your Georgia state specific laws and your Secretary of State.

2 Likes

May I suggest you get thorough training of loan documents on the Notary Stars platform for free or become a member for $25 month. No contract. The notaries on YouTube aren’t telling you how they got blacklisted because they made repeated common errors. When you are commissioned, you swear/acknowledge that you will handle the position with integrity. You really can’t lie about your experience because they see when you’re commissioned. The Signing Agencies can see the reviews and comments in the background regarding notaries esp on Snapdocs. If seasoned notaries are repeating you have be under an attorney with loan signings in an attorney state, it’s true. We all want to win in our role. Take your time and learn the process. Anyone that encourages you to lie doesn’t have your best interest in mind. Choose your mentors well. Respectfully. Vicki

2 Likes

How’s Atlanta like? I heard it was real nice

Joe, what does $232,000 work out to for 2020. What percentile in So. Cal?

123 notary has a complete list of signing companies on his website
Get signed up
go to work
need nna certification.
Try first american signature services (fass)
Service link
Title365 .com/ xome Sign ings

True. The most money is made by the folks selling the training
Same as the house flippers get rich scheme
What cracks me up is dealing with about 45 banks who have 45 different ways of doing a heloc or re fi
Yes the basic docs …but this one wants the cd initialed. This one doesnt
Initial the mortgage for them …
but they dont require it
Pages of instructions and policy we print
Our signature required as we attest to a doc review…i understand that one but not everyone requires it lol
I use "sign here " stickers on every signing ,no matter how many times i have worked for that bank or mortgage company
If i see a new form or doc and have a question, i call the loan officer or title company
They all thank me for making sure im doing the job properly
Any signing company i work with says the same thing
I leave my ego at the door …dont be afraid to ask a question until you understand the answer
Good luck

Beware of that list…last time I looked it was filled with (a) very outdated (I.e. companies out of business) or (b) a list of slow pay/low pay/no pay companies

Yes, these are great!

Everyone please be vigilant as a Business Owner and perform due diligence regarding vetting of your potential new clients. Many online lists (the following included: “123 notary has a complete list of signing companies on his website”) have dated/old info & some are no longer in business, some have become non-payers or very, very slow payment.

1 Like

Hi LindaH. I’m curious to know your view on GA NSAs working for the GA Attorneys? Wouldn’t they be acting as an agent for the attorney so the attorney is still listed as the agent, but the NSA is going out to perform the actual work for the attorney, much like us paralegals do (or did) in a law office?

My only view on this is to read the law. The law is crystal clear on this. Notaries public are not allowed to do remote signings AKA loan signings. They must be conducted by a licensed real estate attorney in the state of Georgia

I didn’t read the law, but I respect your reading of it. To that point, is their language that marries ‘remote’ with ‘loan’?

I meant ‘there’ not ‘their’