I totally messed up my very first signing assignment

As a newbie nervous signing agent, I totally messed up my first assignment. This is what I did…
After having the borrower sign the document I shipped it out and realized after the fact that there was something I missed even after checking the document before I placed it for FedEx pick up. I reprinted the document called the borrower to apologize… they were a very understanding older couple who was just happy to have a visitor and wanted me to stay longer to have a drink with them… ( i declined of course…lol). Using my own FedEx account I arranged for the next-day delivery of the corrected package. I contacted the service immediately and explained what happened and what I did to correct my mistake. I was so nervous that they would be mad and never use me again. I got an instant reply from the Manager of the title company and she said that she understood and that I should not be so hard on myself for making a mistake. She was extremely pleasant and appreciated that I caught the error and fixed it on my own and sent the corrected document. She said that it would not impact me negatively and that I am the type of agent that they are happy to work with. Someone who is accountable and that takes the initiative to set things right when they go wrong… (I seriously lost sleep over this)…

So that is my story… FYI they gave me another assignment scheduled for Monday…

18 Likes

Bravo, Newbie! Bravo. (Brava, actually, if you’re ‘woke’). You absolutely did the right thing. I’d have you on my team anytime.

4 Likes

Congratulations and
Well Done!!!

1 Like

Good job, always have integrity and keep your name good…it speaks to your character!

1 Like

Holding your own self accountable is what it’sall about. We make mistakes because we aren’t perfect. Being able to catch what you did before it goes to print speaks volumes. Congrats and I wish you more and more!!

1 Like

Taking responsibility and being proactive goes a long way in this business. Good Job!

1 Like

You did the right thing!! And the EO was correct - don’t be so hard on yourself about making mistakes! There are too many trainings out there that make so many signing agents “freak out” about mistakes which truly isn’t necessary!! Good for you for finding it, fixing it and making it right! And hey - congrats on your first signing!!

1 Like

That’s what I call a PROFESSIONAL LOAN SIGNING AGENT! KUDOS TO YOU.
Your future is bright. Continue to stay focused and operate in integrity.

1 Like

I can relate. My first signing was a reverse mortgage, and I forgot one signature from each signer. I caught it before sending the docs out which was the good news. The bad news was that the borrowers lived over 100 miles away from me, so that was a long Sunday.

I feel ya pain… I missed an initial on on document and they lived 79 miles away. I called the signer who said…”I give you permission to initial that area on my behalf”… I did think about it for a split second but my ethics and professionalism would not allow me to cross that line. I told my SS what happened after the fact and they stated to me that if I was told by the borrower to initial the area I could have. I told them NOPE … I don’t want the liability… I made the drive.

1 Like