Is there somewhere to learn about doing Adoption and apostille

Same thing. Is there some place to get training about adoption and apostille

2 Likes

Laura Biewer is a good trainer and knows her stuff on many levels of being a notary. Google her name and she has apostille training. Good luck.

3 Likes

Yes! Laura Biewer is amazing. https://www.coachmelaura.com/

1 Like

I looked her up again I had seen a video of hers before. She is amazing, Adoption sounds really technical is it as bad as she makes it sound. it was great info. Thanks so much

1 Like

This lady knows all about Apostille. I’ve seen her on a couple of Zoom webinars:
https://www.lawrenceinstitutefornotaries.com/meet-judi-lawrence

1 Like

My wife and I also want to adopt a child, and we also need professional consultation, especially in terms of paperwork.

To become a candidate for adoptive parents, persons wishing to adopt a Ukrainian child apply with a written application to be registered as a candidate for adoptive parents in the department for children’s affairs. After getting to know and establishing contact with the child, candidates for adoptive parents apply to the Children’s Affairs Service with a statement about their desire to adopt a child. The Service prepares a conclusion on the advisability of adoption and its compliance with the child’s interests. After receiving the decision, the applicants apply to the local court at the child’s residence (location) with a statement of claim for adoption with the documents attached. Also, foster plus agencies can help you with adoption and apostille issues.

You can contact an adoption attorney, your state or local child welfare agencies, or one of the faith based organizations who can all help inform you about adoptions and adoption laws.

Does it have to BE an Ukrainian child? they are expensive! why? because they’re white and blonde…

1 Like

Yall there are kids all over the world that need a loving home

1 Like

Does she specialize in every state’s laws concerning apostille?

I don’t know, why don’t you look at her website?

Here’s a tip on obtaining an apostille anywhere in the USA. Each states Secretary of State on their website has detailed instructions in obtaining an apostille. Follow the easy directions and charge the client for the service. You might have to write a check to the SOS and lick several stamps. You will build those expenditures into your fee.

Beware! Common notary errors will cause the documents to be rejected by the clerks who will then write a stern letter to the notary or in some rare cases bring action against the notary. Rejected documents must be re-notarized before they can be submitted again.

If that happens you could be squarely in the middle of a legal dispute and could harm the client and cause him to seek damages.

There’s no notary E&O policy out there to cover that. Because I have been obtaining apostilles for 20 years I carry a million dollar general liability policy.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.