Looking for advice as a new NSA

Hello all. So I’m new to this business and have signed up for several signing services, this forum, Snapdocs and I’ve only gotten 2 notices for signings. I’ve checked my settings on my NNA, Signing Services and everything looks okay. It’s only been about 2 weeks. Is this normal? Any advice on good places to join? I am in St. Pete, Florida by the way. Thank you in advance.:blush:

@Windchime71 Great question & one that is asked quite regularly . . . Previously, it seemed that most new to this business sector say that it takes 9-12 months before them see any results; however, with the current economy, real estate market, interest rate, etc. it will probably take quite a bit longer . . .

======

The first concept to consider is that you’re now a Business Owner & you’re going to be filling ALL the roles to make YOUR business successful. It truly is a paradigm shift.

Second, this process is a marathon, not a sprint.

Third, it’s always wise to research & vet a new client prior to providing a definitive confirmation to them for your initial Signing Order for them => especially now that so many of them are not paying professional signing agents and/or are going out-of-business. A great start of research would begin within the Notary Cafe forums Search Function.

Many members find it difficult/nearly impossible to locate the Search Function in order to access the wealth of information available within the database.

To be helpful, I’ve inserted an image for you & others [see below] to help members locate it to unlock the wisdom & knowledge of other members on the forums.

Accessing the database to locate info about potential clients has saved many of us an inordinate amount of time ‘chasing’ payments for Services professionally provided to potential non-payers . . .

Plus, the information is immediately available!

======

I’ve referenced two threads directly to you & here are a few threads [see below] that will provide you with helpful information:

:swan:

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback. The resources and information is priceless! I have started to cultivate relationships with realtors, and just updated my business cards. It’s all so new. It can be overwhelming. I appreciate your help. As well as this forum for help. Thanks again! :blush:

2 Likes

Its not you. Time is slow due to high interest rates and COVID pretty much screwed things up since companies were forced to get there own in house notary.
Hang in there…

1 Like

I’m amazed at how many people are signing up to be LSA and wonder why they aren’t getting any work? Interest rates are up, signings are way down, there are a ton of experienced LSA out there and we aren’t even getting the amount of work we used to. Go find a job where you can make enough to pay for your gas and groceries. I reinvented myself and now do commercial insurance inspections.

1 Like

Let me assist. I was working a full-time job and working towards this for months (while things were going quite well for NSA’s) and the market was good. I am also working a part-time job now and am doing general notary work, and beginning inspections as I actually work for an inspection company. People who are new are going to want to make sure they’re doing everything right to get the most work they can. Hence why I made this thread. I’ve been a notary for a while and it’s far bicer to help each other. Have a great day!

Join the club. I’ve had a 1,500% drop in signings year over year.

Life can be tough. Gotta keep grinding. I am.

1 Like

The key to success in any business is to diversify your income source. If you are a notary and want to do it full time maybe getting a part time job or a full-time job is not for you… I know that was not an option for me. Find a way to supplement your notary income by diversifying your services… AKA multiple streams of income. Find something that is flexible that will allow you to be able to grab assignments when and if offered. It will take some time to build up to preferred notary status with lenders or SS but the more you do over time it will happen.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.