Maverick Signings

Watch out this this “company.” I’m wondering if it may be a scam. They have contacted me twice and each time they said they got my name from SnapDocs and wanted to know if I would do a car signing. When I say I would do it, they asked my address and commission number and then I never go the docs from them. They’re the only company that has ever asked for my commission number and the only company that has engaged me and then not sent me the docs.

While it’s not a scam and the docs are usually o/n to you, I ‘used to’ work with them, but they’ve gotten way too cheap & labor intensive.

3 Likes

Maverick Signings => Not a scam; however, my experience directly mirrors that of Arichter.

The doc package is shipped overnight.
Fees dropped precipitously to a point WELL below break-even amount. :astonished:

:disappointed_relieved: No longer accepted their orders starting in 2018.

1 Like

I’d be interested to know what kind of docs you were getting and what the situation was. Was the person buying a car from a dealer, or selling a car to another individual, or was this some sort of Carvana purchase? In NYS a transfer of title doesn’t need to be notarized. So I don’t even understand why a notary would be needed for a sale or purchase. And if a deal had some sort of doc that needed to be notarized, why wouldn’t they have office staff that could notarize? Please explain.

I was asked to do a ‘car closing’ of a rare classic that was being shipped from out of state to Texas. I was to check the VIN against the Title, notarize an affidavit of identity, photo the vin and the car, and capture signatures for the lender. The longest part of this engagement was taking a Hudson Coupe for a drive.

2 Likes

Ive worked with them many times never had a problem. The car dealers send you the documents you go the buyer of the car have them sign the docs, upload acopy of there ID and and another form and then fedex the pkg back I get paid a flat $70.00 no printing no scanning easy and they pay net 30 days never an issue

2 Likes

I have worked with them a few time also, straight forward and simple signings. Usually, you have flexibility on the date and time of the signing so you can schedule around other signings. I only take on the signings if they are close to my home office so I have minimal travel. I view them as a filler.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.