More Signings

I had no idea it was that bad. I thought it would be fun because you get to meet people and visit neat houses.

Neat houses??? I’ve done hundreds of signings and I can count on one hand the “neat” houses I’ve been in. Even my HNW clients’ homes are not all that great, even when they’re hugely expensive. Some of my clients own houses in excess of $5 million and they are in disrepair and neglected.
Another definition of “neat” would be “tidy” and, if you’re like me, you’ve seen what’s out there. Not so tidy/neat.

Nah, being a real estate agent means you have to work with people to try and get them to clean their place up to get it ready to sell. They don’t wanna. So, the agent has to do their best to move a house that doesn’t always show well. Frustrating.

Say, watch “Love It or List It” on cable tv. You’ll see what I mean. The houses that need remodeling are usually dumps. That’s often what real estate agents have to work with.

As you may have guessed, it’s a slow day on the notarization front, today. So, I thought I’d type on this site :anguished:

4 Likes

Because same as any other business. Easy to become one vs successful RE agent. I know a few and I can tell, 1 REA friend closes 2 property a year vs another that closes 30 or so.

Yeah, that’s why my wife took real estate appraisal classes. At the time, appraisers would go inside, measure rooms to get an accurate square footage, and she loves houses. Unfortunately, that was right at the end of that method. Most appraisals are just drive bys, or sometimes banks just use online systems. So, no fun house viewing.

I just remember the glengarry Glenn Ross 1992 film where Alec Baldwin is talking about how much money he earns. He said he can make $15k in one night from real estate and that his watch is worth more then peoples cars. I just thought after that film that is how real estate is and you make a lot of money and it’s really fun. I didn’t know how people really felt about if.

Consider the Jack Lemmon character in the Glengarry Glen Ross movie. Real Estate sales can be fun and rewarding but you really have to know your stuff and be a heck of a salesperson to enjoy $$$ success. Whatever you think about being a notary that’s tough, multiply it by 30 in real estate.

2 Likes

What part of Virginia? I’m here too. Coming up on a about a year. I can give you my contact info and the companies I get the most business from.

Don’t worry. During the month you have your extremely busy weeks and your slower weeks, this is normal. End of the month is usually very busy.

What is SS and TCs? I don’t know what that means🤔

Can you let me know which companies are those???

SS = Signing Service
TC = Title Companies

Here’s a few others you may see:

EO = Escrow Officer
NSA = Notary Signing Agent
IMO = In my opinion
LO = Loan Officer
GMAFB = Give Me A ________ Break

5 Likes

I was a Real-estate Agent back in the 90’s and the $ was good , I worked part-time as an agent. It is a lot of work but you have to be a people person and willing to spent time helping them find their dream home. It can be a good career if you are willing to put the work into it.
mchilton88

I have been a full time NSA for 14 years now. We have had very lean years and also very good years. I remind myself by looking back and seeing the trend. It is slow. The Title Companies and SS are sticking with their best notaries that they have used for a long time. It is extremely hard in a lean year to find work if you are a brand new notary. Everyone seems to jump on the band wagon and become notaries thinking it is easy work. We all have paid our dues to be where we are today. NO, I will not give you my leads, they are mine. I went thru the list of companies and sent my resume and credentials to each one with more than 3.5 stars. You will need to take whatever you are offered to build up a reputation. You need something to augment your income. It is a very lean year. Started out good, but slowed down quite quickly. I am not expecting it to pick up till maybe end of March or so 2022 per the trend. Good luck, you have to do the work to find new clients.

2 Likes

I just read a story at breakfast that suggests that 2022 will be a very good year for real estate. When the ships in the harbors start unloading and the supply chain loosens up, construction will once again be booming, according to the article I read.

We’ll see about refi’s. It’s not clear where rates are going, but probably up. We’ll see how the Fed reacts to political pressure.

I’ve decided to go after GNW with vigor in light of this uncertainty. My GNW efforts so far have yielded only mediocre results but I’ve been busy with refi work from SS. I’m also going to solidify my relationships with my favorite SS and try even harder to do my very best with their assignments.

Anyway, my GNW plans are good ones, I think and I just have to get after them. I’m amazed at where jobs are “hidden” right in front of me - people who need notarizations and don’t want to go to the UPS store to get them done. I’m gonna start January 3 and work hard because I think refi’s are gonna get quiet for a few months. :anguished:

1 Like

Just hang in there and wait for the offers to come. You’ll get your share of them if you respond ultra quickly and especially if you don’t try to negotiate. The signing services will by default give the job first to someone who accepts their offer price. If you counter with a higher fee you may get it and may not, but if you’re the first to respond affirmatively to their offer price your chances are much better. As for the “no errors” on your assignments, well…that’s expected of you. It just means you’ll keep getting offers but doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll get any special preference. You’ve still got to be the first to respond.

I am a realtor with the Keller Williams, an investor and stager. Then I became a loan docs mobile notary. I have had ZERO work ever since (May 2021)
You would think since I am vested in the real estate industry I would have a better chance on landing jobs however, that is not true. I am piggybacking on your question. Wish someone had a better answer since I read them all and still haven’t got any actual tip on how to get some signing work? Ps: I am in Palmdale, California

Please, don’t you like and do well in real estate? Is it like Bobby describes it?

Great question. Thank you for that.
I’m unsure about “bobby” part. I’m actually on the path to become an appraiser right now. I like to cover different categories in real estate. I do not see anything wrong with that. Typically I always aim for more achievements in my life. That is just my personality. So, I don’t have to do awfully in real estate to like to add to my credentials such as becoming a notary or an appraiser. Thank you for your question, Sir!

I don’t know too much about appraisers, I just know they have different methods like sales, income, cost approaches and the three comparable to match the subject property or five or more units for captilization and they answer to the HVCC but I’m not too in depth about it.

1 Like

I am located in Central Virginia, let me know if I can ever help with anything in this area!