More Signings

I am a new signing agent in Virginia. I recently got a lot of signings and within the past week I haven’t received any calls. I had no errors on my assignments and I am wondering how I can get more. I have signed up with a lot of companies that I recently found on the forum. I’m assuming it’s just a waiting game now. Would appreciate any tricks to getting more signings. Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

PRAYER :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

3 Likes

I remember when I used to think like this hahaha

So I assume your responses mean no tricks it’s just a waiting game now.

1 Like

Sometimes calling them and asking if they need help on any orders in your area\reminding them that you’re a great notary (with a smile that they can hear over the phones) helps

3 Likes

Exactly, let them know why your services are better then the millions of other notaries out there and they will be happy to work with you.

1 Like

I wish I could help you, but I have no idea what’s going on. These past 2 months have been extremely slow. Calling and asking for work, while a good idea in theory, is not going to get you work. I actually thought getting a certification or something would set me apart. After I took the Notary2Pro course by carol ray (not worth it, really) I called a bunch of services telling them I was a graduate and it had 0 effect on the numbers of orders received. Absolutely no benefit. The course itself was super outdated, like it was made in the 90s or something lol. Now I’m out $300 hahaha :sob:

3 Likes

OH WOW. Well I assume it’s just a waiting game now. Thanks.

1 Like

Yes, It’s definitely a waiting game. But I always try to remember any money that belongs to me will come to me. Keep on learning and finding ways to improve your craft while you wait. :heart:

4 Likes

Carol Ray told you to tell them that you were a graduate of Notary2 Pro??? wierd

How is that weird? The whole point of taking the course is to get the certification and the list of companies once you graduate. It’s the same as graduating college. Once you get the degree you run around telling people you have a degree so they’ll hire you lol.

3 Likes

Want more signings? Here’s what I sent out yesterday:

(Play this first - Glen Campbell’s “Wichita Lineman” Wichita Lineman (Remastered 2001) - YouTube skip the ad

I am a notary in this county
And I just took a glance
Searchin’ in the sun
for another refinance

I see your orders on the wire
I can hear my printer do the whine
And the California notary
Will still take the chance

I know I need a small vacation
But it don’t look like rain
And that big ol’ signing house down south
Will make me
stand the strain

And I need you more than want you
And I want you all the time
And the California notary
Still points where to sign

I close with a request to send me some signings. Believe it or not, I get some.

3 Likes

Need more signings? Go “get business”

Unless you are doing this full time as a notary, i would definitely recommend to stick to apps and signing companies.

Secondly never forget SS are taking almost 90% of “your” money, use them as a stepping stone and move up as soon as you are ready (10 signing for me)

Have your resume ready. Reach out to TCs and let them know you are availability as backup. Yes they have in house closers. But keeping your resume on file helps them just in case.

Finally remember there are thousands of signing services and hundreds of thousands of title companies.

Its a numbers game, even at 0.5% you are looking at a lot of signings at full pay. Its worth the extra effort.

2 Likes

Ahhh why don’t you be a real estate agent too?

Hundreds and thousands of title companies? 90% of my fee goes to the SS? Oh my.

Sooo helpful, but i can commend your ability to repeat. What would you like? A candy or a soft toy ?

1 Like

I’ll take the soft toy. Calms my nerves.

I want to know why people don’t consider being real estate agents?

I don’t know about other signing systems, but SnapDocs lets you change your zip code at will, and location will help govern who gets the call. So, I live east of Seattle about 25 miles, and all of my signings come from here and farther east in the mountains. If I go to visit my mother near downtown, I’ll change my zip to hers, and sometimes get signing texts closer to her.
SO: you could try to experiment with shifting your zip to a different neighborhood or town, going fishing for better waters.
You can always shift it back whenever you want.

5 Likes

Because the job sucks. I’ve read that about 5% of real estate agents make more that $75K a year. Most don’t even sell 2 houses in a year. It’s a ton of learning, knowing the law, filling out endless paperwork, showing homes to lookie-loo buyers who never make up their minds and dealing with picky sellers who want way more than the house is really worth. The job looks glamorous, but, ask around the agents you know. If they are honest, most will tell you, “Not so much.”

1 Like