NOT getting any signings! Advice Greatly Appreciated!

Hello everyone. I hope you all are having a great long weekend! I have been a notary for about 4 years and a signing agent for about 5 months. The ONLY signings I have ever been asked to do were one at 930 at night, in which I was sent the notification at 830 so no time to even prepare and another one of which I offered to do at a different time but same day but never heard back. I am signed up on about 4 signing websites and I have a fb page. Any advice yall could offer to build and gain more business would really help!! TIA!!

1 Like

Every one will tell you to sign up with more signing companies. My goal this weekend was to sign up with at least 30 that I found through Facebook groups and this forum. I’m new started in June I’ve done close to 10 so far would have been more some we’re canceled at the last minute or signers refused to sign. Don’t give up. Also request to be in this group.on Facebook called Deadbeat signing companies. That ways you can see which companies pay on time and are legit. Hope this helps

12 Likes

OK! Thank you for the tips! I will get signed up with as many as my fingers will allow tonight!

Hello. I am new as well. And I have signed up with several companies but still no signing. It is frustrating. Just have to keep trying. I think it will pick up soon.

1 Like

I really had to get out my head how easy it looked from watching Youtube videos. Yes I was at home jobless trying to find a way out. I’m in California it took me a while to become a notary in this state 3 months just to get commissioned. Getting signing is not as easy as they make it look on the Tube. So I have completely x’ed that out. I was frustrated when signing order had stopped the job board. But snap Docs and signature signing has sent me some work. At first I thought I was messing up because I didn’t hear back from them. Then Boom I got accepted for another assignment. I also do Lyft and other jobs while I’m building this career up. It will happen. We have to be patient in this business. Plus this is the realist forum I’ve found. A lot of seasoned Notarys that can help you. God Bless

17 Likes

I have to shake my heads at the number of times I see notaries approaching this as a numbers game, when acting as a NSA, especially if certified, I think we owe our customers some duty to focus more on how well of job we do, rather then throwing things at the wall and hoping it sticks. I understand it’s a business but if you took the NSA class through NNA, even they advise you to have other income streams as well becaude this is a fickle industry and reliant on current market status as well for those of you who follow the stock market and investing, you know interested rates will play a part as well in how much business you get…… therefore keep in mind, you want to focus on quality over quantity if you plan on remaining in this industry for a long time and over time you will build relationships with people who will learn to trust your work and hire you more often, as long as you are reliable and deliver excellent service.I’m the end this is a service oriented business as not so much about quantity and personally I would just add your info to a file in a drawer to be opened only if I can’t access my preferred agents who I have done business with anc know are competent…… but this is just my two cents ……please don’t take it personal…

7 Likes

Hello, I have been a LSA since June and I have only gotten 2 signings! I have received offers for signings, including 15 texts, 10 emails and responded to 13 Job Board on SigningOrder.com before they removed that link. All of the signings are already assigned before I can even respond, which in some cases has been within a few seconds or a few minutes. I am rated as “high” on Snapdocs, have signed up with about 40 signing services. I have only contacted a few Title companies. Maybe I’m in a saturated area, but this is not the unicorns and rainbows thousands of dollars a month job it was touted to be. I am moving ahead every day anyway. Thanks and good luck to us all for the future!

6 Likes

Do you know why they removed the job board on signingorder.com

1 Like

P.S. And I haven’t been paid for either of those jobs through Precise Signing Solutions and the signings were in July. Okay, I’ve vented, thanks for listening!

1 Like

They posted that there were problems and had to take down signingorder.com and they did not know when it would be up again.

THANK YOU, Do you have any recommendations of signing services

1 Like

Good morning,
I wanted to remind you to have a positive mental attitude and everything will work! I am a firm believer of the law of attraction. I want you to also remember some of your great qualities and that is what you are going to market to potential organizations! You have something to offer that others lack! Don’t forget to pray! I have seen some videos of people doing well in this field, and you can be one of them! No one is smarter than you! I just wanted to offer something positive and inspire! God Bless! Don’t allow negative thoughts to rent space in your head!
Dr. B :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I have gotten several notifications from Coast2Coast Signings (I also really like their training videos on YouTube); Doc Signers LLC, FASS First American, NotaryServiceGo.com, Signature SYNC, SignatureClosers.com, US Certified Signers Nationwide, Vantage Point Title and Title365Signings.com are a few of the many I have registered with. Good luck!

3 Likes

Thank you! for all your advice

1 Like

THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I needed to hear some positivity! Thats’ not to say I am going in blind, but I am the person that, instead of being a doctor or lawyer or teacher, I want freedom from a job. Let me rephrase, I want freedom from a boss and ONLY 1 or 2 weeks off per year and freedom from someone sitting behind a desk deciding how much I am worth per hour. I want to decide that! I want to show my son that you can have a great career and make a great living and have freedom - ALL AT ONCE! So, this is what I am focusing on! So, thank you again for your very kind and uplifting words!! They made my day! :grin: :grin:

6 Likes

Thank you for your response and information! I wish all of us the best in this business! We can do it!! FAITH!!

Thank you for your response and for your information! It surely helps!

Thank you! I have been watching a lot of YT videos as well. Some do make it sound so easy and quick. I know it’s not, nothing ever is. I just plan on learning as much as I can and doing the best that I can! And know that God has a plan!

It was my pleasure! We need to inspire each other! Please remember you can always be great at being you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I finally received an email response and they said that by adding that feature it was glitching out the texting system. They did say they will stop billing immediatly for those who had signed up or upgraded for the job board.

1 Like