NOT getting any signings! Advice Greatly Appreciated!

I say AMEN to that !

1 Like

:hugs: Praise the Lord! You got this Karen :slight_smile:

Donā€™t rely on the YT videos for your signing methods. A lot of them are inexperienced. Watch to understand and not to believe.

3 Likes

Absolutely vital truth jnewberry.

Discretion is the keyword in this instance regarding the YT video content. Youā€™ll serve yourself and your business MUCH better by seeking out qualified certified notary signing agent [CNSA] trainers. Iā€™ve successfully completed MULTIPLE CNSA Training Programs and the one I strongly recommend is Notary2Pro with Carol Ray.

Her CNSA Course includes Marketing, Networking, Accounting, all types of signings, interfacing with Title & Escrow companies, etc. In addition, she offers Professional Mentoring as well. Her prices are very reasonable.

3 Likes

This was an encouraging discussion. Thanks

There are over 300 signing services nationwide. I would suggest to sign up with as many as possible. If they donā€™t know your out there than they canā€™t find you. Call them introduce yourself. It is better to have many offers that you can turn down than a couple that you may or may not get. If you havenā€™t taken a training course I suggest you do so. I have taken 2 and would recommend LSS. You will not only learn how to do signings but also how to build this business, build relationships, market yourself, and so much more. Good luck

4 Likes

Donā€™t just ā€œrespondā€ to the texts and emails. Call and tell them you would like to be assigned and youā€™ll be surprised!

3 Likes

Thank you for those recommendations.

For those that have signed up to many signing services and not gotten any response, you may want to consider, as well, how much E&O insurance you have. The more insurance you have the more willing some companies will be to try you out as a new LSA.

1 Like

I read your first post on this topic and found your experience typical. Too many fell for the 6 figure easy money pitch, only to discover the local market is saturated with notaries. Itā€™s more than working harder or just go Title Direct. Keep in mind not every NSA is being honest on forums. Donā€™t trust the bragging, trust your experience.

Sing up for as many SS as you can find. I have about 150 Services on my list and get consistent engagements from about 6-9 of them. Also be certain you do your background work on these SS. Not all will pay you in a timely manner, or will ghost you after youā€™ve worked for them.

Thereā€™s been a recent upswing in freshly minted NSAs who think it only takes a few monthā€™s on the job will give them enough to launch their own SS.

Some of the forums that cater to Notaries, places we can vent and share our experiences are also populated with SS owners. They get to see what you post online. Some will blacklist you is say something negative.

Try to find a mentor whoā€™s completed a significant number of signings. They can tell you what to do as well as what not to do.

Wish you the best.

2 Likes

I totally agree - it is not a get rich quick job but take the time to do. I have 30 years experience in the Real Estate industry and it very fickle. Good years and bad years. Just my 2 cents also.

1 Like

Great post. The fact that signing service owners are privy to the communal conversations of NSAs is so creepy and wrong. Iā€™ve literally read multiple threads now where NSAs are bringing up genuine concerns and trying to warn their fellow NSA by calling out companies for bad behavior. And in those very same threads, the signing service owners, in extremely angry and unprofessional behavior, lambast the thread creators and very clearly make threats against their livelihood (while all the while clearly being in the wrong for whatever reason).

Yikes.

1 Like

One thing I found can interfere with ability to get assignments when replying to a text or posting, is your cellular carrier service and location. I happen to live right in a dead zone and have to rely on wifi which can be unreliable at times, depending on who is using it at time and for whatā€¦ā€¦

I have already spoken to the cellular phone company and the cable company and thereā€™s nothing I can do about it, other than to move, but Iā€™m not moving anytime soon.

So I upgraded my phone to the latest iPhone with hope so that would help and it did improve the quality of my calls, as well as the stability of the calls, but I also confirmed that there is a lag when it comes to receiving text messages.

I added cellular data to my iPad for when I need to do scanbacks out in field and this was how I discovered there is now a lag with receiving messages to my phoneā€¦.

I usually keep my iPad ringer off and while I was in the process of switching phones I left the ringer on because I was using that to make calls via Wi-Fi although it does have a cellular data plan as well, it doesnā€™t allow regular phone calls. I would hear the text tone go off and find nothing on my phone, or see it was delayed in popping up on screenā€¦ā€¦ until I made connection that it was my iPad I was hearing make the text tone.

So now what Iā€™m experiencing is that quite often, a text will come in and my iPad is notifying me before my phone is and there are also occasions when my iPad gets the message, but not my phone.

The lagging was tested with messages purposely sent to me by people I know, and once sent we discovered there was up to 30 sec delay sometimes and it depended on where I was within my home because it has spotty reception.ā€¦

So you may want to consider that as well

So the companies that use signing order.com are not going to be using that platform for now, is that the way it goes?

TYVM exeternotary for sharing! :pray::gift::1st_place_medal: True, Iā€™m already cognizant of these things; however, great point to bring to light for others who may not yet be aware.

============

VALUABLE => This is GOLD that has been ā€˜minedā€™ through direct experience & shared with verity & candor:

============
ā€œsee what you post online. Some will blacklist you is say something negative.ā€

This is true as well including the fact that the post may not have been about their own SS or Title/Escrow company. Just a tickler to be Professional in all aspects of your work. :white_check_mark::sparkles::angel:

REMEMBER: This business is not a Sprint, but truly a Marathon.

How do I find these 150-300 services ? care to share please ?

Just to update my information here: I just got paid for both my signings from Precise Signing Solutions today.

1 Like

Give it time. I quit my job on the 4th of this month and took the following week off and had my first signing last week. I just finished my third signing yesterday which was more local to me, but my first two signings were more than an hour drive. It sucks because I practically did not make anything, but if you see something I would say get it as soon as you can. After those two signing that were further out, I got more text about local signings near me.

So many discussions on here that give you tips and ways to get promote your business. Reaching out to your local title companies (which I have yet done), but I heard it does bring you business.

tmcarter, I need the same advice, I have not received one assignment, since becoming an agent or the past three months. I received several notifications from snapdocs but was never assigned to any, even thou I responded immediately that I was available. Needless to say, I am very disappointed.

I was fortunate to get paid through ZigSig in 3 weeks from my loan signing. They pay direct deposit f.y.i