Mortgage Connect resume and references

I am a mobile notary. What do I do when a signing company ask for a resume and references? I do not have any references or a resume as a mobile notary. I would like to work with/ for Mortgage Connect as a mobile notary, Please advise on how to proceed

1 Like

I’m not certain what they’re asking for. My resume is mostly Law Enforcement, R&D, Engineering, and Physics.

If you’ve comfortable you might ask a few of the notaries here, who know you well, as references.

You can call 866-789-1814 and ask for Vendor Management. One of our reps in that department can explain exactly what they are looking for and if you have the experience necessary to join our signing agent network.

Thanks mortgage connect :smiley:

1 Like

@aresia Perchance did you see this helpful post above from Abbie Saylor at Mortgage Connect?

“You can call 866-789-1814 and ask for Vendor Management. One of our reps in that department can explain exactly what they are looking for and if you have the experience necessary to join our signing agent network.”

4 Likes

I did see everyone responses. Thank you for responding and assisting.It helps more than you know.

Mortgage Connect does that to start up with them it’s a lengthy process and I believe you need 2 years of signings under your belt unless it’s a state that’s really in short supply of notaries. So calm down guys i have been with them for almost 2 years now.

1 Like

The resume that they want are your signings usually at least 2 years.

I’m still not grasping what MC is asking for. A resume is an outline of your professional career, not a listing of the number of signings. I can’t address how each State’s law work. In Texas Notarial activities hold a degree of confidentially. If someone wants to see my Journal they have to make a formal request either of a specific record or an inspection of the journal(s) in person and in my presence.

I would be asking my self how much time does it take to copy 2 years of journal entries. In my case that would be multiple hundreds of records.

It’s not records It’s justba resume saying you worked as a notary and the references are the title companies you worked its to start working fo them they also pay 150-250 for signings It’s a bit of process to be selected by them but they also have a sister company who you receive signings from as well it’s the start up and quite a few companies are doing this now even some have video interviews as well.

I’ve heard that Mortgage Connect has lowered its fees to notaries and is only paying $75 for signings now. Is that true?

1 Like

It depends on the signing and the lender. There is one particular lender that will only pay $75. I don’t accept signings from that lender. For refinance they pay $75 and you have 16 notarizations. No way.

1 Like

This is all good information. I want to thank everyone for their responses as I am in the process of doing a vendor package for mortgage connect and I have just completed their training. I am also in the process of completing a notary resume. Again thank you guys, this has been very helpful.

1 Like

Provide your resume and references to Mortgage Connect. Keep this in mind as you seek to get business from title companies or signing services, they do not know you or your historical background. Just as you would be applying for a job with an employers, these companies have the same right to know your employment history. Being independent contractors, doesn’t change anything as for asking to work for your past work history companies. Work history, conveys our experiences that can become a valuable asset to Mortgage Connect They wani to determine if you meet their expectations.

1 Like

Yes, this is a valid request from MC. I’ve been working with them for over 10 years now.

Are you suprised???

Given the current climate in the industry, I guess that I shouldn’t be.

1 Like

If I were asked for references I would put the company name and phone number and fir contact person I would put vendor management because we don’t speak to the same person when called or emailed for signings. If they call the company they could verify you have completed signings.

1 Like

I think they just want to know you are not a fraud. Ive used a neighbor and a friend from my other business. No one ever called. If they were notified, they could say, yes, they knew me and i was trustworthy…

How do I apply? I went to the website but didn’t see anything for notary services. I’m in MD if that makes any difference.