My First Snap Docs Order Ever šŸ˜¬

So, I started doing this work full time in May. It has been an incredible experience. I went to university for Biology, actually, and graduated Magna Cum Laude. Went to grad school, wasnā€™t for me, so I entered the work force. Turns out working hard my whole life for an education and being smart didnā€™t mean diddly squat to the rest of the world. Lots of millennials in my position, and Gen Z is obviously very aware of the American education scam.

Anyway, speaking of scams, SnapDocs was the first company I ever signed up for. I rarely ever got offers from them and when I did it was always low and usually at the exact same time as other jobs I had (despite going through pains to upload every single document, getting 100% on their little optional test, and having the highest ranking possible). When I did happen to accept, I didnā€™t get the job? I guess you mark that youā€™re ā€œavailableā€ and they pick the best one? Super.

So, at the time that I got the alert, I clicked accept quickly. Iā€™ve learned that you canā€™t actually sit there and review the job offers, calculate distance, and look at all the facts and figures or youā€™ll never actually get the job. You just look at the city and press accept as fast as possible. Well, I was actually at an appointment at the time, say 5pm. I see the email that I got the job (yay!) and then put my phone down and continue with my Refi (which I got $125 for in 30min). The crazy thing was that my phone was BLOWING UP with email alerts afterwards. Ding! Ding! Ding! :phone:

I had to silence it. Midway through my signing (about 15min), I look at what all the commotion is about and see that theyā€™re all from the company that hired me through Snap. The final alert is that I was removed from the signing lol. After the signing was over, I went through everything. This dusty, musty, busted signing service sent out the text blast at 5pm for a job at 5:30pm!!!

They labeled it as a rush job (omfg ya think?!) and were offering $80!!! EIGHTY!! Not only that, but the woman said ā€œCan you please send scan backs and drop docs same day??ā€ ā€¦ A moment of silence. WHAT!? First of all, how dare you? Second of all, how dare you! Lol! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: To assume that you are the only job on the planet and my world revolves around you is hilarious. But, honey, UPS drop times end at 4:30p at the latest and sometimes earlier. You sent me a job after hours, wanted me to rush it, and then got mad when I didnā€™t respond in 10min and took me off of the job. AND you wanted scan backs. AND you were only offering EIGHTY FREAKIN DOLLAAARRRSSSSS!!!

What kind of insanity is this? Even if I had been completely free, I wouldnā€™t have been able to print the docs (which wouldā€™ve probably been a mess, letā€™s be honest), and the signer copies, and prepare them properly, and drive to the signer in 30 min. Dropping them would be physically impossible. But the real kicker was the 80 dollars. Thatā€™s what their ā€œrush jobā€ was worth. Thatā€™s what they assumed my time and service was worth.

In the end, I kind of felt grateful somehow. I didnā€™t become a business owner to be exploited in the same way that I was as a student (85% of my life) and an employee (the rest). It makes me sad that this is how little the notary profession is respected and it makes me upset that this is how the capitalist society operates. I literally donā€™t have health or dental insurance. Thereā€™s no 401k. And obviously the government could care less about my life or contributions. So much for the American lie of ā€œpulling yourself up by the bootstraps.ā€ Itā€™s insulting that some of these companies brazenly offer scraps to hardworking, educated, citizens like us trying to make something of ourselves. However, I can only keep putting one foot in front of the other and working hard for what I decide that Iā€™m worth, rather than what others try to tell me that Iā€™m worth. I hope you, the reader, do the same! :star:

20 Likes

Very well written description of a day in the life of a NSA

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, well put together and I can relate to your experience!

2 Likes

I have been doing NSA a few months, I was wondering is this normal to get a call 30 minutes before and appointment. Thank you for posting this I feel better about refusing jobs that are almost impossible.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! I am new on this platform, but I must say that I am very pleased to be here and to learn from you and others in this forum. I will say that so far my business has been very slow and Iā€™m wondering if Iā€™m doing something wrong. I would love to chat with you if you have a few free moments away from your signings. By the way, I worked in a law firm for almost 30 years and I can totally relate to what you were saying.

2 Likes

I was with you, noblenotary615, all the way until you slid sideways into the political sphere and broad-base brush-stroked a label on EVERYONE within a capitalist society as ā€œbrazenly offer scrapsā€ or characterizing all members as ā€˜greedy at the expense of others.ā€™

==========
All CNSA business owners, SS owners, or Title/Escrow owners arenā€™t the same across or within each respective group. Neither are all members within a given societal structure the same. Iā€™m very thankful that weā€™re all different and that we are all able to independently operate within a Capitalist Society. I treasure the hard-earned freedom to choose.

Within a Capitalist Society, for those who donā€™t value the CNSA services, we have the right to say: ā€œNo, thank you.ā€ The onus is upon each individual business owner to determine the fees that will support their success in this business sector.

Like Arichter regularly says, some of these SSs are in a race to the bottom for the lowest fees . . . Fortunately, those represent only a small slice of the proverbial pie.

Keep an eye on the prize.
Maintain laser-sharp focus on the objective.
Things outside your target zone should be allowed to fall by the wayside and not absorb or divert any of your energy/attention.

==========
The best way to ā€˜manageā€™ that type of client is to recognize that thereā€™s not a good match between what you offer and the remuneration and management style they utilize. One could code that number in a SmartPhone in various ways as a reminder that thereā€™s not a good match there . . .

Wishing you Great Success, noblenotary615.

Christine :sparkles::gift::fire:

5 Likes

Thumbs up to thatā€¦Never under value yourself!

1 Like

Just another way to get cheap employees, devalue the education necessary to do the jobs. I hate it here. Good luck with your endeavors though and keep us posted.

1 Like

My younger sister is an Escrow Officer and has been in the business for over 20 years. She talked about this last minute stuff alotā€¦well letā€™s just say she vented about it. Apparently, according to her it is others who are making the big money demanding this kind of service. So the title companies and signing companies are responding and acting because of unrealist demands placed on themā€¦I canā€™t say all but from what Iā€™m hearing Lenders, Loan Officers and Real Estate Agents are pressing for ā€œright nowā€ service. My sister said it is not uncommon for her to receive docs at 4:59PM with a message to get them signed that night and emailed back in the morning for a deal that doesnā€™t have to close for 2 weeks. So she refuses to work like that and does not impose on her Notaries. She pushes back and says our office is closed and this will be addressed the next business day. There are a lot of people who may not push back for one reason or another. I donā€™t really hold signing companies or escrow staff to push non-urgent signings if they are getting demands like that BUT I always go back to compensation. An plumber who comes out at 10PM for an emergency is go charge moreā€¦so if we want to work in constant emergency then pay for emergency services and understand that we are out here juggling multiple emergencies so letā€™s work this out together.

6 Likes