NEW JERSEY Notary

Once again I’ve been receiving offers to do CEMA signings in New York, and I reject them because we’re not allowed to do out of state, not even within states border, Pennsylvania, New York and Delaware. I’ve been trying to find out (with no success) if for some weird reason there’s a loop hole that allows NJ NSA to do such signings. I’ve noticed some New Jersians NSA state in their profile “I DO CEMA LOANS”
No matter how many times I say NO, I CAN’T and explain why they keep contacting me… maybe there’s something that I don’t know. If someone can answer me, please! Thank you in advance :blush:

1 Like

Some NJ notaries are dual notaries (NY/NJ). This is usually the case with someone who works full time in one state and lives in another.

I am commissioned for both states because I work full time in NY but live in NJ. I only do NSA work in NJ.

3 Likes

Appreciate your answering to my confusion.
Now I understand why I always receive those signings from across the bridge :wink:

1 Like

@millard20notary Thank you for this. I live in NJ but learned that there are more signing opportunities in NY. From your experience, is it worth it to pay the $15 toll and the gas to complete a signing in NY?

I do not find the tolls(and time) worth it. You would need to take the time to negotiate your price if you choose this route.

I am in Washington and was offered a CEMA loan signing. I didn’t take it because it sounds like a big signing. Also, posting above says only in NY. Is this true.