Newbie Question

My first signing is tomorrow and it’s a Loan App Signing.

It’s only 74 pages, no copy for borrower, and no notarizations, only two docs need to be scanned back.

Is it common to have a “no notarization” signing?

TIA.

1 Like

Reverse mortgage applications don’t require any.

1 Like

I just printed the documents and it’s a VA loan refinance??

Applications for any loan type do NOT require notarization. (unless, for some rare odd reason, they do).
You will most likely also get the final loan signing.

Must be initial application.

Thanks everyone. I had no idea that there were application signings before the final loan signing.

Yes there are…in addition to the signing, read your instructions carefully - and make sure you’re clear on your expected services - you’ll probably have to collect some supporting documents to go back with that app package - bank statements, pay stubs, homeowner’s insurance, copies of driver’s license and other ID, current mortgage statement (if applicable) etc etc

Unless the company is expecting borrowers to provide that electronically later. But IME in doing these, I always had to collect supporting docs

1 Like

Note that ALL Rev. Mtg. do require an Application signing. Most of the other loans do not. Tho’, as you’ve seen, there are a very few VA lenders that do want a notary for the application–this is not the norm. Also note that if you get the app signing, you’ll be ‘first call’ for the final…if you’re not available, they will pick another notary.

Thanks for the info. I completed the app signing and all went well.

Husband and wife, both were really pleasant.

Only issue, being retired military, they both signed using their middle initial…said they always had to but the documents only had first and last names. They signed about three documents before I realized it.

I suggest you try to get another agent to go with you. I remember my first one.

Someone in the forum said that shadowing was wrong.

Breach of the signer’s privacy and confidentiality - hiring party will frown on it probably; if you can get signers and hiring party to agree to it, then fine, otherwise, no