Nightmare Signing Service! - Complete Closers

Complete Closers…all I can say is geez! I’ll try to keep this as short as possible but realistically…So Tuesday exactly 1 weeks ago I was contacted by this company for a lowball offer to travel approx. 1 hour away. I countered, they said no. (email to prove) Thurs at 8:09 am I’m sitting in front of my computer, still in pj’s having coffee and the phone rings. Attorney in Charlotte, NC asking why I’m not at the closing. Told him I wasn’t assigned and why. He said I wasn’t being unreasonable & he was going to follow up. Complete Closers contacts me again and now they want to pay what I asked plus. (obviously the attorney had chewed someone’s butt) I got to the signing at 10:45. Everything went off without a hitch. I did not get a chance to review paperwork until the actual signing which I did not like nor appreciate. So Friday morning Complete Closers calls and states the attorney isn’t aware of the closing and wants to hear it from me. Would I contact him? I did. Attorney stated that the notary that had been assigned was not answering or returning calls & he was happy I had it under control. What Complete had neglected to tell me was the attorney wanted to be on the phone during the signing; not just be “available.” Told him sorry, didn’t realize & he was fine with that. So Monday (Holiday) the client texted me & states he wants to cancel the contract. Told him to contact his sales agent, etc. that was not part of my job. I sent this info to the attorney who was fine with it. Client contacted me again this morning & said they were giving him a really hard time about cancelling. Advised him to contact the attorney if needed. So Complete emails & calls asking if anyone had contacted me re: the cancellation. Told him yes; client was told to contact company & attorney was notified by me. This guy is really trying to get me involved in a way to cover his own butt and make it look like I’ve done something wrong when he has done nothing right. I will not work with him ever again even if he doubles down on a high pay. I’m thankful that I’ve been in contact with the attorney who knows Complete is a screw up!

2 Likes

@cryman.notary WoW! Thank you for sharing your direct experience with this business entity! Helpful to all other Notary Cafe members. :sparkles::sun_with_face:

:swan:

1 Like

Sorry for what you had to deal with. Were you paid in a timely manner? Ive just now accepted a signing with this company and want to make sure they pay as agreed. Thanks

I just got a notification from them today via email. They are noting that the notary is to contact all parties and if any monies are due, etc. I’m a bit confused because the Signing Company is usually the one that gets all this information ready. Any thoughts from anyone else? Thanks!

Title or loan officer should let them know how much is due but on occasion they can have the notary do it. During my confirmation calls I would ask what the borrowers were expecting … Were they expecting money back or expecting to have to have money on hand. Saved surprises.

1 Like

If you are printing the documents, you will be able to see whether funds are due on the Settlement Statement and/or Closing Disclosure. It is usually the second to last line on the front of CD and will be on the bottom of the SS indicating as either “due to” or “due from” borrower. Anytime it is “due from” borrower either you will be expected to collect (depending on amount) or arrangements have been made to wire transfer or wire has already been completed. Routinely look for this information and make certain to ask about funds delivery during your confirmation call.

1 Like

Has anyone completed a job and gotten paid by Complete Closers?

Is this Complete Closers, LLC? That’s too bad☹️ I have completed 10 signings for Complete Closers, LLC and have been paid very quick for each. I am sorry to hear of the rough day🥺

1 Like

I have done a lot of work for Complete Closers and have never had a problem. They’re always friendly and on the ball. They also pay quickly. So sorry you had a bad experience.

1 Like

If its this company, COMPLETE CLOSERS, LLC 41800 Princess Dr Canton, MI 48188
I’ve had nothing but good experiences Matthew A. Ceci is who I’ve dealt with. I get paid within 2 weeks of the closing through Deluxe Check

1 Like