No Assignments

No way! I don’t believe someone would drive that far for such low fee but who knows! :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I recently got a requests for a loan modification that was 180 miles round trip for $60.

1 Like

There are fresh NSA who are taking these in my region.

I blocked or deactivated companies for blasting out insulting low fees. No, thank you.

2 Likes

California is a title closing state, reach out to the title companies in your area, market your services and fees directly to those companies while remaining in alignment with the laws of your state and local municipality. Offer to complete the signing in the areas outside of their office area (negotiate the fee). It does take time to grow your business and you must remember, their has to be a need.

1 Like

It’s a slap in the face seeing low baller fees.

Dude, you have become the master of stating the obvious.

3 Likes

Sometimes the obvious isn’t so obvious to some people though.

And that’s why we have you to help us :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We should help each other, by not accepting lower then $100.

Why? I accept jobs for $75-$95 all the time. I have built a template that shows me if I’m profitable on such jobs. If I make at least 20% net, I take the job. I know before accepting if I’ll make any meaningful money. When things are slow, my profit threshold is lower. It’s simple economics. So, thank you for helping me by not taking the jobs under $100. See you at Burger King.

2 Likes

What about the overhead and your expense and taxes?

Of course, I have figured all that into my calculations. I’ve forgotten more about income and expense then you can imagine. Value my time??? What would you know about it?

I won’t bore everyone who reads this drivel with my resume. Suffice to say that I founded two highly successful companies and was CEO of each for over 33 years. I sold them for 7 figures each (that’s X,000,000, dude) and I am always welcome at BK.

I’m not here to argue with you; it’s too one-sided. Best of luck to you.

2 Likes

Well I don’t understand why you won’t just make it simple and agree that anything less then $100 is a low ball fee?

OK, you win. . . anything under $100 is a lowball fee. So what? It all depends on the margin. Not a constant margin, either. The lower the fee, the higher the margin should be to make it worthwhile. Not an easy trick.

Let me turn the tables and ask you a few questions.

1. How many signings to you average per day? Per week?
  2. What is the average fee you get? Highest fee? Lowest fee?
  3. What is the minimum fee you’ll accept when things are really slow (like now)?
  4. Why do you eschew GNW so vigorously (please be very specific)?

Give us insight about your business model, since you’re so ready to critique others’.

2 Likes

That is very presumptuous of you… anything less than $100 is a low ball fee for you… not necessarily for others.

3 Likes

So… If I travel 10 min for a deed signing ( 5 pages) and I accept anything less than $100 are you saying that is a low ball fee? You may want to restate or clarify this position.

3 Likes

No of course not, I’m talking about for a loan refinance.

I don’t heavily do notary signings but when I do I won’t accept lower then $100. I would say I do anywhere from 4-6 signings a day Monday through Friday no less then $100. I think the highest fee I’ve been paid is $150 for a signing.

What??? Well, which is it - you don’t heavily do notary signings or you 4-6/day Monday-Friday - because if 24-30 signings per week isn’t “heavily doing notary signings”, then I don’t know what is.

3 Likes