No Assignments

They can request you through Snapdocs - so that won’t be an issue for you, once you’re registered. I have companies that use their platform that specifically request me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG!! That is so true!! I have also received notifications for $65-$75 for Reverse Mortgages!! Absolutely insane! These companies know very well how large and time consuming Reverse Mortgages are, not to mention all the liability is on us Notaries. How the persons who are setting these fees for us Notaries can sleep at night is beyond me. That is extremely greedy, especially when you consider the amount the borrowers are actually paying! These companies should be ashamed of themselves, but unfortunately they don’t seem to be because they continue to offer these extremely low fees. It is very sad :disappointed:

1 Like

It’s absolutely insane how low they go sometimes. But they seem to find someone to take them… lol not me!

2 Likes

I’m new too (2 months), but it’s my understanding that a) business (loan signings) can slow in the colder months and b) business picks up toward the end of most months as lenders attempt to close last minute deals. It looks like I joined the party a little late, so hopefully you got some better insight/responses already.

Vizionzmobilenotary, Yes, it truly is unbelievable. I have not taken their low offers either, and I won’t. We Notaries cannot make a living taking those low offers no matter how many we take. We end up working for free if we do. After counter bidding these low offers over the past month, I have no longer received any notifications at all. I don’t know if it is a coincidence or if I have been black-listed. My counter bids have not been unrealistic or greedy. Maybe the majority of signings are going RON, which is why I am doing my research, Anyhow, I do hope things improve.

1 Like

I don’t know why anyone would want to blacklist you since you seem like your a nice person. Is it easy for you to get along and talk to people at the signing?

Awe, thank you. I believe it may have been the company that I stated I did not wish to receive notifications from due to their consistently very low offers. The platform asks, so I was just being honest, respectfully but honest. This was only after receiving multiple and consistent notifications from the same company.

As far as your question as to whether it is easy for me to talk to people, short answer, yes, most of the time.

What you’re seeing is known as Success Bombing*. Just because someone is bragging, doesn’t mean they’re being honest with their assertions. If you point this out, you be on the receiving end of the “bomber’s” castigation and accusations of calling them liars, despite not actually identifying them by name. I have one who became so obnoxious I had to block them.

It’s quite common for the “bomber’s” to claim they’re just trying to encourage those who are struggling. Those who’ve closed hundreds of engagements realize that the Platinum performers are few an far between.

Each market/region is unique. What works in California doesn’t work in Texas. Even parts of Texas don’t match other parts of Texas. I takes about 3 years to get yourself established and start making a stable profit in any small business. A stable profit doesn’t mean big income.

There’s a difference between Revenue and Income. Revenue is Earnings before Taxes and Expenses. Income is what’s left what you pay taxes and expenses from. What’s left is what you live on.

*The need someone has to show off about their success all the time. The shameless talking up of one’s own successes (real or perceived) in order to come out on top. This could stem from a deep sense of grandiosity, narcissism, or a fear of failure or being seen to be lacking.

5 Likes

Don’t let the sucker you. They always cut our chips away. We are out there driving all around town for them while they sit in their offices… They need us. be strong.

3 Likes

Try targeting builders. I landed an in-house closing for a major national builder. Thank you lord.

1 Like

All I’ve heard about is new signing agent starting out making at least two thousand their first month. I still haven’t made a thousand dollars since Oct. I either don’t get offers or are filled within one minute. Just received offer for 25 dollars less than they offered yesterday. It was to be completed last night. The client lives 7 blocks from my house. I could have easily done it.

As far as the 60 refinancing goes, I wrote them back. I told them it doesn’t equate to minimum wage. They want someone to print about 300 pages, many on legal paper (twice the price) complete scanbacks, maintain 100,000 E&O insurance, drive 25 miles with gas at five dollars a gallon and pay $9 bridge toll. It is an insult.

4 Likes

Each region is different when it comes to economics. I know, I’m pointing out the obvious. There are also NSA trainers who are good at pitching their training programs. Unfortunately, many of these will over sell what can be realistically be achieved in the short term. Factor in your local economics and it’s not surprising you may be feeling a bit frustrated.

Realistically it takes about 3 years for a small business’s foundation to solidify. In the mean time be patient. This business is a marathon, not a sprint.

Sign on with as many signing services that you can find. I update my list annually. Search through the information to figure out who the bad/no pay signing services are and avoid them.

Analyze your cost of doing business; office supplies, printer wear and tear, paper, toner, fuel, and what you pay yourself. This becomes you base line costs. No factor in what your time is worth to make a living and set your pricing accordingly.

Many training companies will tell you to take the low ball offerings. My advice is you’ll learn as much doing full value signings as you will performing low ball signings.

If you haven’t already done so, consider setting up a basic website and a google my business account. These two will help you start your marketing campaign. Take a look at some of the websites that your fellow NSAs here on Notary Cafe to get some ideas as to what to do.

Be patient and good luck.

5 Likes

Check your private message

Amen, brother!

Yes, as I’ve expressed many times.

This advice is critical to achieving Success! Excellent, comprehensive guidance.

:swan:

3 Likes

My information isn’t coming from NSA Trainers, but real working notaries. After a couple of weeks, the assignments were coming in steadily. In San Francisco, the real estate market is booming. Driving around, you will see people remodeling their homes from one end of town to the other. There is a lot going on here which is exactly why I am so frustrated.

1 Like

Remodels can be privately funded (personal savings) or equity funded. Many of those equity funded projects may closed inside the lender office that don’t use contract NSAs.

It’s not uncommon for owners to remodel a home prior to selling. I’m seeing an uptick in the number of seller packages from those who’ve moved from California to Texas.

2 Likes

And from Californa to Arizona

1 Like

Ok, I forgot to ask further so here goes-----

Were the NSAs you’ve heard from working in your region?

How many Signing Services have you signed on with? SS are good places to launch from for those getting started.

Do you have a Website or Google Business Account?

Are you incorporated; LLC. S Corp, DBA, etc?

Do you have a marketing/business plan?

Do you have a mentor to help guide you?

If you need a mentor reach out through this platform, Linkedin, or another plat form see who might be able to assist you.

1 Like

Only if you let them will people take advantage of you. I have a mobile notary fee schedule and have stuck with it since 2015. I do NOT take low ball signings. My schedule includes inflation expenses. Even with current fuel increase, my schedule remains the same. My vehicle is quite economical and I don’t usually take crazy long distance assignments. However, should I ever drive outside of my 25 round trip scenario will take assignment at double local price. I live WA State Kitsap County on the peninsula. Limited amount of Fidelity Approved Notaries and those willing to drive long distances for low ball fees. Some Notaries will drive 4 hours round trip for $75 but that would not be me.

2 Likes

@alice2uworld WoW! :exploding_head:

:swan:

1 Like