Not being Paid on time

I just want to rant a little about not being paid one time and fee reductions. I am soo upset at these low ball offer just for these signing services to have the audacity not to pay on time. I know it is not all of them but it is enough for me to notice that everybody does not keep to their net 30 policy. If my bills are late I get a late fee. They need to establish a late dee for late payments. There are some companies I am still waiting on payment from October. I know… just do not work with them. But the practice of Bad business is frustrating. Especially when this pays my bills and I need the cash. The reduce our fee at any funding delay, or the incorrect thing. However, they do not want to pay on time or early. This industry makes little sense. ESPECIALLY since I am the one RISKING COVID EXPOSURE!!!

2 Likes

You make very valid points onthis especially doing this time of COVID. I call in advance to confirm date and time and I also confirm that mask need to be worn doing signing, I had to decline a closing due the to the customer refuse to wear a mask and I was not willing to take the chance. Time is money and I could have accepted another closing instead.

3 Likes

These times are so challenging that it is hard to implement COVID19 protocols. Here in SF Bay atea in CA, covid is really spiking that I am not taking any signings for awhile until it stabilizes. Being a NSA is only part time for me so luckily I have main job to bring in income. Many clients do not like to wear masks or sign outside. I even had one client throw a party during signing!! Some were coughing under their masks and was making me very nervous. No companies want to pay extra for hazard-pay, so I decided to take a break from all this. Probably at least for a few more months. Everyone stay safe out there.

@taylorgreennotary I feel for you :disappointed: and I truly understand your frustration and need to vent about this matter. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

For the reasons which have you angry, where the reasons and motivation I needed to take the chance and do Direct Business with Title companies as apposed continuing to be frustrated with signing agencies.

You are correct, not all signing agencies are the same. You have some that are Excellent, others which are Good, some who need to improve on the manner in which they do business, and a few no one would miss if they’re no long in the business. Here’s another truth, some signing agencies feel the same way about some of our colleagues who are signing agents. :100:

Unfortunately there’s no hard set of guidelines which all or the greater majority of NSA would agree to as a standard for doing business with signing agencies ( and who knows, maybe that’s a good thing ).

1. Late payment fee, what’s reasonable?
  2. Cancellation or Rescheduling fee, what’s reasonable? ( should a NSA receive the full fee, half or some other amount)
  3. Late arriving document fee, what’s reasonable? (docs not received within 2 hours, docs not received within 1 hour of the scheduled time )
  4. Signing outside of 30 miles fee? Signing outside of 30 but within 60 miles ( I know, many of our colleagues will feel 30 miles away is to far, but it’s all relevant for the signing agent ).

I could go on and on with the list, but the point I’m making is you’re not alone in your frustrations. So I’ll leave with this old saying… Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, yet expecting a different outcome. #ThatsNotTheActualMeaningOfTheWord but I know you’ve heard that before.

There are some colleagues of ours who opinions I really respect, would love for them to provide some feedback regarding your topic. ( and If I didn’t include your name, it’s not that I don’t respect your opinions I just didn’t want it to be like the academy awards and try to include everyone ).

@Arichter
@LindaH-FL
@VIPnotaryCO
@judikidd
@klewis31975

Wishing you many successful signing

I really don’t have much to add to what was said. Taylorgreennotary noted frustrations that every signing agent has had at one time or another and I feel that TheTreasureCoastNota gave a great response.

If a company doesn’t pay me the amount I want or if they don’t pay me on time then I just don’t work with them any more, and I let them know why! No “3 strikes, you’re out,” no second chances - I IMMEDIATELY drop companies with poor payment performance and replace them with better companies.

I know that a lot of new signing agents are afraid to do this because they feel if they stop working with one company they may not find someone to replace them which will in turn cause their income to drop. But I always try to NOT think in terms of lack or loss! I always try to believe that there is something better out there, and thus far this has been the case in my life and in my experience.

If you want better business you have to put in the work and go out and get it! It can be hard, it can be frustrating, it may take a while. BUT, it WILL pay off in the end when you get paid a fair amount, on time! And if ALL signing agents would just drop the slow pay and no pay companies these companies would have no choice but to clean up their act! But, there are always signing agents out there who are willing to put up with it, which means that these companies will never change their ways. It is what it is, no sense getting upset about it, you will just drive yourself crazy for no reason! :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes