Notary Dash Comments on my profile - Help

I had been offered a signing in a remote area about 45 minutes away for $100 and I countered at $125 and the lady by the name of Sue, for All Done Write, called me back and re-offered me to do it for $100 since I felt in the mood, I accepted only to find out it had 3 signers and needed scan backs. I immediately called back and asked for 125. She got upset and said she was going to give me a bad reputation and that the industry is slow, etc.

She ended up putting a bad review on my Notary Dash profile and there is no way to respond. What should I do? I’ve tried to respond to info@notarydash.com but it doesn’t even work. Are they able to do that? Make comments that are out of line because she was having a bad day?

I’m thinking of deleting my account with Notary Dash, should I keep it? I tried deactivating it, but I still get texted for offers by Prestige Notaries.

2 Likes

And therein lies but one of the problems with any platform. There is generally not enough info given to make a reasonable (profitable) decision. But, if you accept and then get the actual stips for the order and now realize this is a loser, you run the risk of exactly what happened to you!

3 Likes

What I’ve learned in this business is to ask questions. Sometimes I think they want to catch us off guard to low ball the job. Usually the company would say “faxbacks are required”. If they don’t mention it, I ask.

1 Like

Did you complete the signing or give it back? I’m assuming you declined the signing after reviewing the loan package. You might not get any results, but you could try sending a letter to Prestige Notaries and ask them to delete their comment on Notary Dash, since their employee misrepresented the requirements of the job, and when you called back, acted unprofessionally and threatened you. I would suggest you Google Prestige Notaries and look for reviews from other notary forums.

1 Like

Can I ask if this was resolved? I had a similar problem on Notary Dash, and this was for a signing that cost me 5 days of work. I got it done successfully but the signing service gave me a poor review because they misunderstood something that happened when I called the title company. I’ve been sending the signing service letters for months and they don’t respond because they know they’re wrong. They can’t admit to the title company that they dropped their docs at 8pm for a split signing when I was supposed to get it the next day. It arrived one day late, of course, so somehow they’re blaming it on me. This review has cost me 4 months of lost income so far.

I’d demand a letter of explanation from title. Send your demand letter certified mail (not registered) so you get a return receipt from them with a name on it.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, these 2 companies are owned/run by the same person/s.

1 Like

Prestige owns Notary Dash. I don’t work for either.

I am not in the business of hand delivering documents direct to a title company without additional compensation for my time and expenses. For hand delivery I charge an additional fee, which I feel is certainly fair as I am saving the title company overnight or messenger fees.

Prestige constantly requires hand delivery of a completed package - I believe it to be one of their trademarks. However, they do not include any additional fee, saying that “You’d be dropping it at Fedex anyway.” Yes, but I would also be dropping several additional packages at Fedex, not going out of my way to deliver to a location I would otherwise be nowhere near.

1 Like

Yes, Jennifer Garland.

What I’ve discovered in this business is to clarify pressing issues. In some cases I think they need to surprise us to low ball the work. Typically the organization would agree “fax backs are required”. In the event that they don’t make reference to it, I inquire.

These platforms I have come to find out are all ONE WAY…THEIRS! It’s grossly unjust…but you will find little support in this community for reform.

II see it’s almost a year since you posted that. Can I ask what happened? I had a defamatory review posted on that website also and I did a successful signing, and on New Year’s Eve ('21). The story the signing service told was completely false, and I’ve written letters to the owner of Notary Dash. So far, I’ve gotten no real response. It has literally ruined my reputation on that platform.